1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2nd favorite season, close on the heels of season 3, 13 Mar 2011
K. Gordon - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Aqua Teen Hunger Force 4 [DVD] [2002] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
While each season of ATHF has its gems and usually a couple of clunkers, this is right behind season 3 for sheer inventiveness and lunacy. While some might argue that season 2 was the most consistent, I'd rather see ATHF aim for the stars of insanity, miss a few times, but get it dead on others. I'll put up with a couple of failed episodes for the great ones that make me laugh until it hurts while my brain explodes from the mix of high, low and insane humor

For me, the genius episodes in Season 4 include; `Video Ouija',`Dusty Gonzangas', and `Hypno Germ' and are closely followed by `Unremarkable Voyage', `E-Dork', T-shirt of the Undead', and `Spacegate World'.

Overall, the series has worn off a just bit for me from when I was first blown away by it's sheer dada-esque insanity, but the best episodes still transcend to inspired, sublime levels of bizarre, gross, surreal humor, leaving you both laughing out loud and shaking your head at the audacity and bravery of the storytelling.

When your starting premise is a giant talking shake, fries, and wad of meat living in suburban New Jersey, USA how wrong can you go? If you like strange, tweaked humor (Monty Python would be my generation's touchstone) and/or out-there adult animation, you owe it to yourself to give this a try -- and give it a couple of episodes to let your head get into what the creators are doing.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force 4 [DVD] [2002] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]