5.0 out of 5 stars Great radio, excellent battery life and well built
This radio is the dogs. The sound is so clear and the tone is excellent. The large tuning knob is very precise and makes it easy to tune, not like some radios where you barely touch the dial and it skips about 3 stations!!

The build quality is excellent, and the battery life is superb, I've put half dead batteries in here and they've lasted for months...
Published on 19 Dec 2009 by A. Alexander

3.0 out of 5 stars good for fm, not for am
Bought this to listen to Radio 5 on am in the bathroom/kitchen...very poor reception in both rooms. Recently purchased a Sony icf 22 which has much better reception on am but is not quite as loud but i have found that by plugging in my kitsound rechargable speakers it is great.

If you just want fm then the Roberts is brilliant and loud enough for the kitchen...
Published on 21 Jun 2012 by tillie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great radio, excellent battery life and well built, 19 Dec 2009
This review is from: Roberts R9993 3-Band Portable Radio (Electronics)

What can I say - if you want a nice little radio then get this!! You won't regret it. I love mine, and listen to it every morning. It's small enough to take it with you if you go to work or something, but big enough to give a nice quality sound that will go quite loud (if you want it to) or you can keep it very low for bedtime listening! Much better than the cheapo radio I bought from Argos that could barely get a signal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little radio, 7 April 2009
This review is from: Roberts R9993 3-Band Portable Radio (Electronics)
I bought one of these a couple of years back and would recommend it without hesitation: reception is good, the sound quality for a radio under £20 is fantastic - great definition and bass response. And the battery still hasn't been replaced. Nice slant at the top to make the controls more accessible in the bath...It hasn't fallen in yet, but being a Roberts, would probably swim too...2011 update: I've changed the batteries once in 3 years...2014 update: same again, must be running off the steam...

5.0 out of 5 stars Roberts R9993 3-band Radio, 15 Oct 2011
This review is from: Roberts R9993 3-Band Portable Radio (Electronics)
I purchased this portable 3-Band radio because the DAB radio i purchased some time ago goes through battries so quickly it is ridiculous. However the Roberts R9993 has met all my requirements superbly. Batteries last forever compared to DAB radioand there is no difference in reception and quality of signal. Thanks Roberts, one very satisfied custemer. Also Thank U Amazon for such a good bargain, a Roberts radio for this price is unbelivable. All round a GREAT purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 23 Dec 2009
P. Stansell (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roberts R9993 3-Band Portable Radio (Electronics)
I think this little radio is great! I've had one for 18 months. It lives in my bathroom, hanging by it's loop from a hook on the wall. I can't really fault it: the battery life is excellent, as are the reception and sound quality. What I particularly like about it is that it can be played very loudly for a radio of its size without any distortion of the sound. Indeed, before I settled on this radio I returned two other similarly sized and priced makes of radio because their maximum volumes were too quite.

4.0 out of 5 stars classy Classic radio, 20 July 2011
A. Crickett (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roberts R9993 3-Band Portable Radio (Electronics)
Much as i like DAB radios sometimes you can't beat an old style traditional 3 band. this classic Roberts ticks all the boxes for me. I bought this R9993 as a home alternative to my favourite travel companion the pocket R9924. And I have to say it works very well it is modest weight and very good sound from its mono speaker also it does have a headphone socket (not stereo) that drives both earpieces. It pulls in stations well on all bands and the tuning is quite easy and fairly precise for this design of radio. battery life seems pretty good from its 4 AA cells but you can use an external 6v PSU. I like to tune around in the evenings to see whats on around europe and this little beauty is well up for that. Only little niggle it doesn't have the tuning indicator that the old pocket 9924 does, that feature would have been nice.
But all in all I can highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roberts Radio Review - RRR, 14 July 2009
This review is from: Roberts R9993 3-Band Portable Radio (Electronics)
I bought this radio because I wanted a small, portable, battery operated radio for my small kitchen. It is absolutely perfect, the signal is good and it is very easy to operate and it looks smart. Most importantly the price was very good indeed, I shopped around before purchase and this ticked all the boxes and I wasnt disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roberts Radio, 29 Aug 2009
J. Marshall - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roberts R9993 3-Band Portable Radio (Electronics)
A cheap radio bought for listening around the house and garden. For the price paid it does all we expected and the sound quality is decent. Happy with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but..., 14 Feb 2011
This review is from: Roberts R9993 3-Band Portable Radio (Electronics)
I'm in deepest rural Ireland and needed a radio capable of picking up Radio 4 on long wave. I have tried various other radios and can now say, with some justification, that I know a decent radio when I see it.
This one does not disappoint in the reception stakes. It provides excellent coverage on the AM, FM and LW bands and the tone isn't shrill like some cheap types. However after a few months, it has been shutting itself down. A quick tap on the side normally remedies the problem and I think the fault lies with, maybe, a dry joint in the battery feed section. Other than that, I would highly recommend this little radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roberts R9993 3-Band Portable Radio, 2 Sep 2009
Stephen Costa - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roberts R9993 3-Band Portable Radio (Electronics)
Great wee radio. Easy to use and good enough sound quality all for under £20.

5.0 out of 5 stars portable radio, 17 July 2009
This review is from: Roberts R9993 3-Band Portable Radio (Electronics)
So easy to use. Sound quality excellent for such a small box. Outstanding value for money. A brilliant product all round. Ideal for the bathroom.

Roberts R9993 3-Band Portable Radio