4.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft points
I have been an XBOX live user for a few years now and I was a bit sceptical about paying any more for services through live. However, I have been stunned by the level of quality of the arcade games that have been released. I have had times where I have logged in and most of my friends list have been hooked on these addictive puzzle/shooter games.
So at first I said...
Published on 21 Feb 2006 by M. Collins

3.0 out of 5 stars xbox
What can a parent say about this purchase??? Delivery etc was fine and our son was happy...still a waste of money in my opinion
Published 18 months ago by Mrs. J. O'brien

4.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft points, 21 Feb 2006
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 2100 Points Card (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
So at first I said to myself I'll stick to my principles and avoid paying more. But I tried the trail versions of downloads that required points (for free) and eventually gave in and bought some.
The best way to get Microsoft points is through live itself and it takes a couple seconds and you get a confirmation email if you have credit card details logged with Microsoft.
Most arcade games retail for 400-1200 XBOX live points which is roughly proportionate to the level of depth of gameplay within the title. Some of the best titles include Geometry Wars (Shooter), Marble Blast ultra (3D marble puzzle) and the upcoming Street Fighter (for XBOX live playability).
Microsoft points also allow you to change your GamerTag which is something I like to do from time to time and it was difficult to do on the previous-gen version of live. That currently costs you 800pts.
Overall, reasonable value for money, if a little on the expensive side (hence 4*) but at least it ensures a motivation for companies to provide a steady stream of content.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to your LIVE experience, 27 Oct 2009
Mr. Jt Clulow (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 2100 Points Card (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Microsoft points are basically an on-line currency for xbox LIVE users. Buying a card like this has many advantages over buying it on a bank account.
The most important differences are
Buying a prepaid card is cheaper and gives you 100 extra Microsoft points (about 80p)
It is more secure as you don't need to enter any bank details
They can be bought as a gift
These points can be used for all sorts of purposes. You can rent films in HD, buy add-ons for your games, buy full games or customise your avatar
I always buy prepaid cards because I once had my xbox LIVE account hacked. Although it is very rare for this to happen, I immediately wiped all my details from the account. There is no danger of losing your details if they aren't on the system, so I definitely recommend you buy LIVE subscriptions and/or Microsoft points using a card like this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pesky Points, 14 Sep 2009
David Mills (Merseyside, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 2100 Points Card (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Served it's purpose, my son needed microsoft points to enable him to download extra levels onto a game i'd already paid £40 odd quid for and this was the best deal out there, microsoft are happy, my son's happy and i'm over the moon! (Honest)

4.0 out of 5 stars Points!!!!!!, 26 Dec 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 2100 Points Card (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Pros:Excellent service, a need for xboxlive and Zune users.

Cons:wish you could select the amount you wanted.

The Bottom Line: If you have xboxlive or a Microsoft Zune. You need Microsoft points!

5.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY AT THIS PRICE!, 9 Dec 2011
Philip "I listen rather than read on train jo... (Croydon, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 2100 Points Card (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
You can buy the same product from Amazon for over £5 cheaper, use this page instead:
[...]

For the product, if you want to buy the Arcade games, or add-ons for the games, this is pretty much a requirement... all 3 of the major players (Microsoft, Sony & Nintendo) do the same sort of thing, so they're just "money" for the on-line purchases.

5.0 out of 5 stars MSP Great Price!, 1 Sep 2010
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 2100 Points Card (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This has got to be one of the best prices I have seen for microsoft points. And what can I say, Points are points!

5.0 out of 5 stars very live, 6 July 2010
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 2100 Points Card (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Delivered on time and in great condition. I would have no problem using this company again and would recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Xbox Live Points, 3 May 2010
S. Smyth "Steecy" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 2100 Points Card (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Not badly priced for points but you need to order in advance because they wont email the code and it takes a few days for delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2100 points - A better Value than the 4200 point Card!, 16 Feb 2010
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 2100 Points Card (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I don't know if the following aspect has been mentioned yet:

Until recently I used to buy the 4200 MS point cards... I have 6 of the orange cases piling at home...
Now I had the opportunity to buy two 2100 MS point cards instead of one 4200 point card, and I realized,
buying the 4200 MS point cases had been a big mistake. (It was a simple calculation matter: 2x2100MSP ~32 Pounds against 1x4200MSP ~35 Pounds)

The green 2100 MSP case is much better, because you get a USABLE 360 gamecase which you can use as a handy backup, in case a gamecase is or gets damaged.
(Sadly, sometimes I get pre-damaged gamecases from the vendors) The orange case of the 4200 MS Point card is actually useless... There is no disk- or handbook holder inside.

So even If you may save a pound buying the 4200 instead of two 2100... don't do it... The orange case is a waste of plastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adds To The Fun, 29 Mar 2008
wicket2005 (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Xbox LIVE 2100 Points Card (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Microsoft allow you to buy points via your credit card details and also by buying these points cards. These cards are ideal to give as a present to allow the receiver to buy items off the XBox 360 shop ie extras to games eg like more songs for Guitar Hero III/II or to download movies. They make an alternative type of present to a high street voucher.

Xbox LIVE 2100 Points Card (Xbox 360)
Out of stock