on 22 April 2014
Got this for the wife as she mentioned wanting it a few times. Very good price and seems to have lots of extras, including a booklet with all the song lyrics, which we weren't expecting. Can add this to our massive collection of musicals now. Delivery was prompt. Very pleased.
on 19 January 2010
I had forgotten how lovely this film is. My young children loved it and sing the songs with delight. So refreshing to watch an old-fashioned film with no special effects but with stunning scenery, cheerful characters, good values and beautiful singing. I found it touching.
on 9 November 2013
Was delighted to receive this 40th Anniversary Edition as it has interviews with the cast and the now grown- up children and their reminicences of the their time during the shoot. Would highly recommend to any S.O.M fan. Was delivered promptly and in excellent condition.
on 19 January 2013
My father in law was replacing his video collection to DVD, he's pleased with the purchase and that his collection doesn't take up as much room, not forgetting the quality is much better than video. Though I can't understand why he still watches it on TV at Christmas ?
on 4 June 2013
I already own The Sound of Music 40th Anniversary Edition DVD. I wondered if it was worthwhile buying another copy. The answer is yes!
My main reason for buying this DVD was to get the 'Salzburg Sight and Sound' (1965) documentary. It was worth buying the DVD just for that reason. It look my a while to find it as I think it is on DVD 2 under 'programmes' on the main/sub menu. I persevered in my search and eventually found it (but tat was only because I knew it was on there some where!)
The interactive part (on the THIRD DVD) is fantastic and very well done. I know quite a bit about The Sound of Music having been to Salzburg and read 3 books about the musical and film. The virtual tour of Salzburg is great; you can visit all the locations where the film was shot and there is a short, informative commentary as well as stills.
I have only watched about 1/10 of what is packed onto these 3 DVDs.
on 27 January 2014
What is not to like about the Sound of music. Apart from all the childhood memories, it is a great film to watch with the children. It shows that even today this film is able to grasp the attention of a 8 and 12 year old.

Also the music remains timeless.
on 23 June 2016