5.0 out of 5 stars This Rocks!
I first heard this album one cold, dark February night in my car, driving home after a typical winters monday. Almost immediately my spirits were lifted as the rock kicked in. The title track "Have a nice day" followed by "I want to be loved" set the scene...... two absolute scorchers. I was expecting the pace to drop from thereon but it doesnt. Great mix of guitars...
Published on 12 Feb 2006 by D. M. Liffen

2.0 out of 5 stars Have a nice day listening to something else !!!
Very disappointed with this latest release from Bon Jovi.
Down the years, most musicians have matured and become more reflective in their song-writing, but not here. It's the same old Status-Quo-esque riff'n'roll turgid nonsense they've been putting out since the 1980's.
Everything from the harmonising, to the predictable choruses, this album smacks of...
Published on 7 Oct 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars They are back, 22 Oct 2005
K. Baker "Kev" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Have A Nice Day (Audio CD)
Bon Jovi are back with this great album which goes back to there Rock roots, i love it if you are a Bon Jovi fan this is a must get, even if you are not get it as it is amazing album. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars The Marmite Album, 21 Oct 2005
A. MACPHERSON - See all my reviews
This review is from: Have A Nice Day (Audio CD)
You'll either love it or hate it. I love it. I am a HUGE Bon Jovi fan and have been now for almost 20 years so I am biased. However, my fiance has not been a fan and he loves the album. My friend, also a Bon Jovi fan, is not so keen. Just goes to show that you can't please everyone. BUT...it's got people talking. That's what BJ do best. I love "I Am", "Who Says You Can't Go Home" and "Last Man Standing". Not so sure about Bells of Freedom, but it's in there and you listen to it to get to the other side.
I think the main thing to note is that, for a band who has sold more than 100,000,000 albums, knocking something like this out is nothing to be sniffed at. You can hear how their sound has matured: in fact, I think we would all be secretly disappointed if they still threw out albums that sounded like 7800 Fahrenheit etc. They have to move on and the fans move with them. They lose some along the way and pick new ones up to compensate. Love 'em or hate 'em, they ain't going nowhere. I will be the one jumping up and down in the front row when they play Wembley in Jun '06 because I am firmyl in the 'love 'em' camp!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 Oct 2005
This review is from: Have A Nice Day (Audio CD)
...Its the only word to describe the new album.
Bon Jovi at their finest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bon Jovi back at their best, 3 Oct 2005
S. Halls - See all my reviews
This review is from: Have A Nice Day (Audio CD)
A stunning album. For the past few years even diehard Bon Jovi fans can't have helped being a little concerned by what they were turning out, while still with that unparralleled Bon Jovi sound and soul - their venture into pop-rock that was Crush, Bounce which appeared to be all over the place when it came to subject and music - it simply didn't flow, and the massive flop that was JBJ & RS tearing their greatest hits to pieces and throwing them on This Left Feels Right.
But I for one was excited by 100 Million Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong, especially reading in the cover that some of the songs on there would be included in Have A Nice Day.
And so here it is, a masterpiece that can be compared to Keep The Faith and New Jersey - almost undoubtedly Bon Jovi's best albums. Throughout a heavy rock style that compliments the once again fantastic lyrics that Bon Jovi fans have long been used to.
There's only one dissappointment in Have A Nice Day. When listening to it I quickly skipped to a song that had been on 100 Million Bon Jovi Fans - "Last Man Standing". On 100 Million Bon Jovi Fans it had an excellent sound - not dissimilar to the songs that came off the end of Blaze of Glory, but I was very dissappointed with the new heavy guitar and overpowering sound it's been given.
In summary: A great buy, whether it's your first Bon Jovi album or your 5th. I don't think anyone for whom it's their 13th Bon Jovi album needs a review to click the order button - you'll know what you're getting: Bon Jovi.

4.0 out of 5 stars About Time Too...., 16 Sep 2005
WalkerboyUK (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Have A Nice Day (Audio CD)
I've just finished listening to the whole album online, and have to say - IT'S ABOUT TIME TOO!!!
In all honesty, other than fans who think the sun shines out of Bon Jovi's backsides, Crush & Bounce were poor albums. They were poorly reviewed and contained too much "mush". What had happened to the Bon Jovi that rocked?! They became a band who seemed to write ballads then throw in a few more up-tempo tracks.
Fortunately, with Have a Nice Day - it's a return to form. It's not a perfect album but it's a vast improvement on recent offerings.
"Have A Nice Day" - 9/10, a typical rocky opener to a Bon Jovi album
"I Want To Be Loved" - 8/10, contains Richie's traditional "wahwah box", but otherwise another track full of positive vibes.
"Welcome to Wherever You Are" - 6/10, a bit more of a ballad but does kick in towards the chorus. Strange choice for the 2nd single!
"Who Says You Can't Go Home?" - 7.5/10, somewhat reminiscent of something from Crush. A better choice for a single than the above!
"Last Man Standing" - 9/10; This originally appeared on the box-set released in 2004, but has been vamped up brilliantly!! Richie is let loose on the guitar again....
"Bells of Freedom" - 10/10; Somewhat of a ballad, but one I actually quite like. Can picture the crowd swaying and singing along. Listening again now - I LOVE IT!!!
"Wildflower" - 6/10; again, could have been on Crush......
"Last Cigarette" - 8/10; seems to start off quite mellow, but then full on ROCKS!!! Another good single?!
"I Am" - 7.5/10; Not yet decided whether or not I like this!
"Complicated" - 9/10; a surefire UK Top 3 if it was a single - won't happen though! Even fits into the rock that's hitting the charts at the moment.
"Novacaine" - 6/10; Not the strongest track. I'd actually say it's the weakest.
"Story of My Life" - 8.5/10; YES, the album ends on a rock based note!!! Well, it does if it's the US version anyway. In the UK we get 2 extra tracks. Good stuff, kind of like Just Older.
Overall it's an 8/10 for this album!!!!
Will be heading straight out on Monday to pick it up.......

5.0 out of 5 stars Last Men Standing, 9 Nov 2005
S. Kumar "sunil72" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Have A Nice Day (Audio CD)
I have reviewed several BJ albums on amazon & to this day nothing has come close to matching the energy, power & soul evident on 89's New Jersey.
It's 16 year's since that album & over 20 years of BJ making rock music. A feat they have managed by keeping themselves relevant in a fickle music industry.
H.A.N.D is a welcome release from the guys. Where Crush & Bounce I feel were attempts to lay a foundation for the new millenium and for BJ to appeal to a new breed and generation of rock music that had been fed nu-metal & punk-rock like Blink 182, Linkin Park etc.
This album shows that the band are most comfortable when playing full on rock n roll, with catchy choruses, decent melodies and tuneful riffs with the odd guitar solo thrown in for good measure.
I am quite a cricical fan and have been one for just under 20 years & I was pleasantly surprised to put this on the CD last night and im still tapping my foot and nodding my head to the vast majoirty of the songs !!!
There are no pure boy meets girl ballads on here, which is a good thing, as BJ have never been able to match Bed of Roses, Always or I'll be there for you. These songs are a blend of mid tempo to full on rocking up tempo rock...more reminiscant of some of their songs from the 80's...it sounds strange at times, when i think these guys are in their 40's, but this could be a yound twenty something band playing this as the sound is very contemporary
The general vibe in the songs are of facing uop to adversities, back against the wall, standing your ground, believing in yourself, having hope and not giving up whatever youre facing
I wont do a track by track but here is my summary:
Excellent: H.A.N.D., Dirty Little Secret, Last Man Stand ing, I want to be Loved, I Am, Novocaine, Welcome to Wherever you Are,
Complicated
Good: Who Says you cant go home, bells of freedom, Story of my Life
Bad: Wildflower
Joke: Unbreakable - I have to say when i listened to this i wasnt sure if this bonus track was a joke or a tongue in cheek inclusion, as its bad, really bad - think of some dodgy 80's synth dance song, with some backstreet boys lyrics with a poor guitar riff throughout ! i laugh at it, because its so addictivley bad !
Dirty Little Secret is what Bon Jovi would sound like if they went the Motley Cruew path ! it is amazing !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars They're back an rockin', 21 Sep 2005
mrs h r gilson "Mudlark" (barnsley, south yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Have A Nice Day (Audio CD)
Hurray Bon Jovi are back and showing the new Kids how it's done, but there again I might be just a tiny bit biased. This album definitely rocks and after the disappointment of Bounce it's great to hear some real rockin tracks that grow on you every time you listen. I love the rebellious feel to Have a nice day. Dirty little secret is going to get very worn on my copy of the album this is one very sexy little number. Unbreakable is a real rousing end to the album and last man standing shows how incredibly talented they are as song writers in that its absolutely great as either a rock track or acoustic. All I can say is bring on the tour- I'll be there !!

5.0 out of 5 stars wooooo this album is pure genius, 20 Jan 2006
This review is from: Have A Nice Day (Audio CD)
This is possibly the best offering from bon jovi to date. Not amazing on the ballards but some real rock anthems on there. The opening track "have a nice day" is a jump up and down rock song, truely amazing. All the other tracks are v.good but ones that stand out for me are- last man standing(rock on!!), bells of freedon (ballard /rock bits, v. good), Last cigarette (air giutar or even air drum this one), complicated (head bang!!!) and novocaine (just awsome). The UK version also gets 2 bonus tracks which are both extremly good. If you like bon jovi's rock stuff you'll love this, and if you don't you'll still love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best so far, 5 Sep 2005
This review is from: Have a Nice Day (Audio CD)
I have listened to the songs on this album through the bon jovi site and can recommend anyone to buy this album its the best so far bon jovi have made...............

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 22 Sep 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Have A Nice Day (Audio CD)
I LOVE IT, ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.IT IS BETTER THAN BOUNCE AND CRUSH (WHICH I ALSO LOVED). BON JOVI ARE ROCKING.

Have A Nice Day
Have A Nice Day by Bon Jovi (Audio CD - 2005)