5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but worth it.
Published on 18 April 2007 by C. Wilkinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good. But....
If you CAN put your Xbox360 near to your wireless router and run a cable then you SHOULD.

Wireless is NEVER faster than a cable.

However, if like me, this is not possible then you must have a bridge. After all, why have an Xbox360 if you are not going to play online?

It is very, very easy to set up and install as long as you have the...
Published on 5 Oct 2008 by Mr. Gideon G. Beddows

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but worth it., 18 April 2007
C. Wilkinson "wilko" (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor (Xbox 360) (Accessory)
After my mum was complaining that I was always using her TV I thought it was about time I took my 360 to my bedroom. The only problem was that I couldn't play online as my xbox was no where near my wireless router. So I had to take the plunge and splash out 50 to have the convenience of wireless. At first I thought the price was extorcionate but now I have no regrets. I can play on xbox live as much as I like now virtually lag free considering my router is at the other end of the house. If you are considering buying one just do it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad....., 2 Oct 2006
Mr. G. Davies "Rollamoff" (Cardiff, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor (Xbox 360) (Accessory)
Right, not meaning to sound arrogant but I know the ins and outs of a pc and the stuff that goes with it.

This thing was so unbelievably easy to set up that I just breathed a sigh of relief that I didn't have to think about anything. Brilliant.

I set up my Linksys router, didn't need to install that - plug and play. Plugged in the wireless bridge, no installation required. I didn't have to configure anything. As soon as I switched on my Xbox a message popped up saying "Rollamoff (my username) signed in to Xbox live".

I mean that's just amazing! I didn't have to do a thing!

Only bad point which is why I didn't give it 5 stars, if I want to connect to a Windows XP SP2 pc I need to use Windows Media Connect and store the settings on a flash drive, mp3 player or whatever. I plugged it in hoping to stream media and it completely over-wrote my wireless settings and I could not for the life of me connect my PC to my Xbox 360.

So if you've got Wireless LAN built into your PC or got a USB wireless hub then you'd probably be fine. But I think you'll find some difficulties or complete incompatibility.

If you don't want to stream media, then this thing is so unbelievably easy to use and I've noticed that I've been able to download faster than when I used a wired ethernet connection (weird I know, but it's true)!

60 very well spent!

5.0 out of 5 stars (gamertag:monkeroony) see you on xbox live!!!, 7 Nov 2006
D. Burton (u.k) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor (Xbox 360) (Accessory)
i bought this because my dog ate my ethernet cable and had been meaning to upgrade to wireless for a while anyway.
i didnt realise how easy it would be, (or how small!) you simply plug it into the back of the 360 and turn your xbox on and you're nearly done, all that was left for me was to input my wep key and i was downloading demos within minutes and playing online shortly after.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nevermind the price concerns, this is a quality product., 21 Feb 2006
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor (Xbox 360) (Accessory)
On a whim I bought the wireless xbox 360 bridge. I didn't really need it as I could use my pc and internet connection sharing to connect to the network in my house - although the guilt over the power usage nagged away at me!
My network consists of a Linksys BEFSR41 router (which is connected to my NTL cable modem) and a Linksys WAP54G wireless access point. You must also take into consideration that the house I live in was built in the mid 1800s. The significance of this is thick stone walls that obviously impede communication.
The WAP54G, for logistical reasons, is based upstairs. The room that I am currently in (due to my ususal one being re-decoarated) is downstairs. And yet I have played upon XBox Live without any real lag issues. And I should also mention that my Linksys USB network card struggles cannot gain a connection unless I place it outside the room.
I have seen that you can buy other wireless bridges - in fact I did have a Linksys WGA54G for my original XBox - but the beauty of the Wireless Bridge for the XBox 360 is a streamlined product that does not require an external power socket (unlike the WGA54G). The design is minimal and clean - apart from the ariel you wouldn't know it is there.
As for setting the device up, the XBox dashboard makes the whole process quite simple. Once I had added the MAC address of the bridge to the WAP54G permissions list and also set up the WEP key, that is.
So, in summary, this is a great device. Clean, unobtrusive design, and an uncomplicated set-up should sway your mind over and above the percieved (by some) high cost. As a friend of mine is fond of saying:
" You buy cheap, you buy twice"
This won't be a factor with the XBox 360 Wireless bridge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy!!, 10 Sep 2006
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor (Xbox 360) (Accessory)
I have a wireless set up at home running a desktop PC and a laptop, I have a Belkin wireless Router and had a hell of a job getting it to work with my ISP AOL (yeah yeah i know!!!)so I kinda got myself ready for an afternoon of grief when I wanted to hook my Xbox 360 up to go live, but I have to say it was easy, and i mean very very easy, you just plug the Xbox 360 Wireless Bridge into the port at the back of the console find your Network, pop in the keycode and your off and running, this is a must have product for anyone wishing to play live games and the ease of use far outweighs the cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item but overpriced, 17 Feb 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor (Xbox 360) (Accessory)
Once I opened my 360 box and saw a great big chunky ethernet cable I decided I would need a wireless bridge. I was horrified to realise that it was so overpriced. Anything that has the xbox 360 name on adds on so much more money. However this is a very good bit of kit and is essential in my view. I am using the Voyager 2100 and as far as I know most routers are supported. The signal strength is excellent and I only have lag on FIFA: RTWC, which is an laggy game anyway (I never play it really lol). This wireless bridge is easy to install in a few simple steps. It even picked up my neighbours Belkin router!!! Overall a great product but I would wait if you can to see if it has a price drop.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, effective - but is it worth 60?, 17 Jan 2007
Murray "Murray79" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor (Xbox 360) (Accessory)
Not going to ramble on for hours about this one but the 360 wireless bridge is a really neat, simple and effective way to tidy up one more cable in your living room! To set up it is as easy as clipping it to the back of the console, navigating to the system blade on the Xbox Dashboard and entering your WEP key against your wireless router (I use the BT Home Hub which works fine). Once that's done you never have to worry about it ever again! I've not noticed a difference in connection quality or speeds and it's made my living room look a lot tidier!

The only thing keeping me from giving this 5 stars is the price. For a simple piece of wireless technology, I can't help but think MS are taking the mickey a bit with charging (......).

Overall though this is a neat little solution for freeing up an ethernet port on your router and for some hassle free wireless gaming. See you on Xbox Live!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it???, 14 Jan 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor (Xbox 360) (Accessory)
Wireless is fantastic. I have a phone point and router a fair distance from my 360 and this was the only option for xbox live unless I installed a new phone line or moved the existing one (which involves a lot of cable). I had a cheaper version of wireless adapter which would fail to work every time I started up the console. I plugged the official version in and it works like a dream. I have absolutely no connection issues. It is tiny and fits to the back of the console perfectly. Apart from the aerial which sticks out at the back, it is hard to even see once plugged in. My only problem with this (I hope you are listening Mr. Gates!!), is that I fail to see why this couldn't be built in to the machine. Come on, I had to pay an extra [...] to get this piece of kit which comes as standard on most new computers (and the 360 is just a stripped down PC). It is a lovely piece of hardware which is easy to install, works well and does exactly what it promises. It is just a shame it is overpriced and not a standard feature on this otherwise excellent console.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Product, 11 Jan 2006
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor (Xbox 360) (Accessory)
A must have for the network. This will item will let you use your Xbox anywhere in the house, even the garden if your wireless network will go that far. Good product add-on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 7 Jan 2006
This review is from: Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor (Xbox 360) (Accessory)
This is a dream to fit and configure.
There is a dedicated section at the back of the XBOX where this snaps in with USB port to match.
As long as you are familiar with wireless setup, you will find the menus intuative.
I had absolutely no problems with this setup. OK its very expensive for what it is...but can you live without it?

Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor (Xbox 360)
49.99