Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 June 2012
Before I bought this I had read some less than flattering reviews, I have to say after listening to this album alongside the other Albert Hall concert "Goodbye Cream 1969" that I do not agree with the bad reviews.
To be honest this album shows what 36 years did to improve the playing of these musicians, no they aren't playing exactly the same as they did in 1969, but things change, we should realise that like wine things can improve with age.
on 12 November 2011
I have the DVD which is so good I wanted to have the CD's for the car.

Comparing this with the original Cream farewell concert in 1968 shows just how much they have improved over the years. The original 1968 concert, which I used to think was good, is now quite disappointing. This DVD/CD is a must for all serious Cream fans. I wish my guitar playing had improved over the years but no such luck!
on 23 October 2015
Well, I was there, so I had to love it. Brilliant concert.
on 27 January 2016
Thanks
on 12 October 2005
Listened to out of context it is an excellent set of very professionally performed numbers somewhat down tempo of the driving blues rock for which Cream were renowned. It will please many. However, as the numbers played on all 4 nights were the same, and the CD follows the sequence with presumably the best performance of each, it is astonishing that one number was omitted !! and a second version of another tacked on at the end.
Why couldn't the complete set be produced ???
I was at the first night which is not represented on the CD, but the sound captured on CD seems quite different to what I experienced, but maybe that's the RAH for you. The applause run-in to the encore Sunshine was far too minimal and gives the impression of there having been no encore at all.
I still like it very much. Most people will not be disappointed.
on 3 October 2005
i have been waiting to hear this after seeing the opening night show and i was not disappointed. the complete show with a bonus extra track . sound is excellent showing the raw sound that the re-mastered recordings from their back catalogue some how destroy.both blues and the psychadelic tunes. if you close your eyes you can feel the excitement from the crowd and it almost makes you feel that you are there.
enjoy
on 9 October 2005
Eric Clapton proves that he remains THE BEST blues-rock guitarist alive. His playing is so raw and natural.Fantastic stuff and singing too. Stormy monday, spoonful and sleepy time time are three songs that he particularly showed his genius and supreme talent in. Mind Blowing blues-rock from Cream. Don't hesitate to buy it if you doubt Clapton after his latest album (Back Home). He was only showing his soft side on that album, never mind.
on 9 September 2015
Fantastic sound. Great album
on 20 November 2008
By the time I became aware of the whole rock/jazz/blues scene (man), Cream had come and gone and, as I never had an opportunity to hear any of their albums in my early years of discovery, it would have been difficult to get into the band's work at this remove. But this reunion concert album offered a fresh chance, with the benefit of modern recording standards, and what a cracker it (mostly) is, a double as well which, at over two hours, must cover pretty well all their classic material. A brilliant recording that captures much of what must have been a brilliant four nights. In front of a good hi-fi system, you get a great sense of "thereness" in terms of the ambience of the venue and the location in space of each member of the band.

This is great and classic stuff, in terms of both the tunes, the playing and the sound and a very welcome addition to the collection. I might even buy the DVD.
on 13 June 2015