5.0 out of 5 stars Totally absorbing in it's simplicity.
There is not much to add to the comments of other reviewers. I bought this CD from Amazon as it was a cheapie, and because the reviews indicated it was similar to some other music I've been listening to recently. The investment was definitely worthwhile. The CD contains some of the most gentle, simply structured music I have ever heard, but on the 2nd or 3rd play reveals...
Published on 16 Dec. 2003 by Steve

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for beginners
I bought this for my son as he wanted to learn about meditation. He has found it very helpful. I found the gaps between tracks rather interfering. I think for me a fade in and out is smoother than a total cut off. I can highly recommend this for anyone who wants to introduce a little calm into their life. The clarinet is not obtrusive but adds some rounded warm...
Published on 31 Jan. 2012 by C. Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Oasis of peace, 5 Feb. 2012
I first came across this music on vinyl in the 1970s during one of my rambles round the record shops in Johannesburg during my teenage years. 35 years or so later, I finally got round to buying a copy - and found out what I'd been missing.

This is definitely not jazz, nor would I describe it as particularly new-age music - rather an early essay into the realms of world music. The three instruments (clarinet, koto and shakuhachi) create a wonderful interplay, quiet music to lose yourself in.

Obviously geared to assist with meditation, this won't be to everyone's taste, but if you have an interest in Eastern cultures (as I do) or you perhaps want to relax or unwind at the close of a hard day, this may well appeal to you. This really did bring a sense of peace to me.

The remastering of the 1964 recording is extremely well done, and the stereo channel separation is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 11 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Music For Zen Meditation (Audio CD)
Having brought music for my tai chi practice and while I'm also learning about Buddhism I have started to collect 'Buddhist' related music and chants. This CD is one of many in my collection to date, you will not be disappointed with this purchase, especially if this is your first encounter with this type of music.
Play it to relax, meditate or simply as a background music... enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars quietness, 11 May 2005
By A Customer
this music helps me to find quietness and calmness insight. It is a germ.

4.0 out of 5 stars An old friend, 4 Aug. 2011
M.Wright (Leamington, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Music For Zen Meditation (Audio CD)
I had this album on vinyl some considerable time ago, before the advent of "ambient" music and the interest in World Music of the last 30 years. Back then, Tony Scott was only familiar to me as an old Bebopper, and the material and approach was radically different. Listening to it again, it seems as warm and reassuring as when I first heard it, like meeting an old friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars You never get tired of it!, 10 Oct. 2007
D. D. Pianta - See all my reviews
This review is from: Music For Zen Meditation (Audio CD)
I have been listening to this CD for a long time: I never get tired of it! Simply beautiful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very relaxing, 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Music For Zen Meditation (Audio CD)
This is very relaxing it puts u in the right mind set for Meditation .
I listen to this all the time it's worth the money for the relaxing state of mind it takes u to!
Check it out you won't be disappointed
5 Star rating from me!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Zen, 21 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Music For Zen Meditation (Audio CD)
This is an excellent collection of Japanese style Zen music using those distinctive Japanese instruments such as the flute and plucking strings. Awesome for relaxing with insense and for meditation and martial arts practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars A meditation aid fo my son, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Music For Zen Meditation (Audio CD)
This was purchased as a gift for my son to help with his chronic anxiety, stress and panic disorder. He says it is very helpful and he likes it.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for seasoned meditators and beginners alike, 31 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Music For Zen Meditation (Audio CD)
This is a lovely cd for meditation. I find often 'meditation

This is a lovely cd for meditation. I often find meditation music too 'tuneful' and get lost in the music rather than meditating. My nine year old daughter has just begun to meditate, and she loves it too, so imo, perfect for seasoned meditators and beginners alike. Highly recommend.

Also arrived very quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 28 May 2009
Mr. C. Shaw (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Music For Zen Meditation (Audio CD)
This CD is excellant! Very good to meditate with or just listen to chill out!

Music For Zen Meditation
Music For Zen Meditation by Tony Scott (Audio CD - 2005)