Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 June 2014
So far I've heard 'Yes! Tinnitus!' and I love it. Both albums are lean, mean machines that go for sly humour, catchy hooks and intriguing quiet/loud dynamics than just straightforward thrashing. Maybe 'Tinnitus' is a little better. It's more developed, structured and emotive. 'Soon there will be...' is the sound of a band testing the waters. It's a little messier and the songs don't stand out as much. Imagine it as a build up to the peak of 'Tinnitus'. However, it's still loads of fun if you like shouting along to lyrics like 'NO ONE CAN WALTZ!' It's despairing to think my 14/15 year old self was unaware of such raw, original noise just coming into existence. Buy it. You won't regret it.
on 27 September 2011
This is the type of incohesive/quirky noise that you'll either hate with a vengeance or love to bits. I would normally have placed myself in the former category but i must admit i find this particular example quite compelling. There's no info on the CD about the band but a little research shows them to be a Jon Chapple offshoot from McLusky, who i've never really liked, so this variation is an unexpected surprise. It's very lo-fi but also punky as well (post hardcore i suppose?) and although Jon can't really sing that well he does whisper/speak/shout the vocals out with some charm. I've listened to numerous similar bands over the years, mostly immediately forgotten, and i've often wondered what was the point of such "difficult" music but perhaps this is the exception to my rule and either i'm getting less critical or this is actually a good album. I could of course live without it but it's an interesting change from the norm.