5.0 out of 5 stars Best version for a while
I've been a long time user of PaintShop Pro and have always liked it's power and simplicity. That said, to get the best out of the application you still had to delve deeper into the app.

I stopped upgrading at PaintShop Pro 8 because it simply wasn't worth upgrading. The upgrade from 7 to 8 was disappointing the move from 8 to 9 simply wasn't worth...
Published on 6 Oct. 2006 by K. Mcdougall

2.0 out of 5 stars Go for JASC Version, not Corel
I am very surprised by most of the reviews here.

I can't tell you how disappointed I have been with PSP X. I have used version 7 for several years with no problems at all, it has been reliable and powerfull enough for my requirements ( I am no artist ), it is the reason that I bought X.

My experience of PSP X is that is is slow, especialy with pathed...
Published on 9 Nov. 2007 by Zynthian

5.0 out of 5 stars Best version for a while, 6 Oct. 2006
K. Mcdougall "keithmc" (Wokingham, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Corel Paint Shop Pro X (PC) (CD-ROM)

The feature list on PaintShop Pro X looked good and I was tempted to upgrade. I'm glad I did. The new version is a definite improvement over previous versions. More powerful and yet easier to use. I've gone back to older photos I'd already edited and stated again with great results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple yet powerful for under £50!!! WOW!, 26 Jan. 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Corel Paint Shop Pro X (PC) (CD-ROM)
Though I am an Adobe user, I wanted to try out Paint Shop Pro X as the reviews have been very good and it was suppose to enhance my existing Adobe software. Not only that, but it is incredible value. What I loved about this piece of software is that it made everything so simple. The interface is different to what I was use to, but the learning centre meant that I could just get on with the usual editing projects like red-eye removal, cropping and colour fixing. Not only this but the new makeover tools are incredible. With one click you can clean-up and brighten teeth, you can remove spots and wrinkles and the best thing, is that it is NOT done by cloning but by what seems like magic!!!
I can't speak highly enough of this product, it beats the cheaper products hands-down and is fantastic value. If you haven't used a photo editing software package before I would seriously consider Paint Shop Pro X.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 2 Sept. 2006
Mr. M. F. Allen "Cheswithphotos" (Hayes, Middlesex, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Corel Paint Shop Pro X (PC) (CD-ROM)
I have just read through the other reviews and my experience about loading time is different. I use a standard PC with 512 mb ram. I just tested the loading time and from pressing the shortcut icon to fully ready was just 14 seconds. I use a Nikon D70S camera and shoot in 'Raw'. With the latest updates (3) PSP X can handle the files with no problems. I am also involved in a 'work of love' restoring photographs and slides of the family history dating back to 1900. I find all the tools I need to do an excellent job within PSP X. For convenience I use a twin monitor layout and one monitor displays the main screen whilst various other pallettes are held on the second. Some adjustments, eg 'Unsharp Mask' bring up a box with a before and after view plus adjustmen details. These are directed to the second monitor where they are displayed at full monitor size and this enables the effect to be more easily viewed. I tried a download of paintshop and I was not impressed, far more difficult to customise.

The package includes a training program that is useful for newcomers and Corel host newsgroups among which is a lively group devoted to PSP X with links to even more information and advice. It is 'populated' by people ever ready to help fellow users. I came to this from the Jasc version, PSP 8, and to me it is a major step forward.

This program really does represent excellent value for money but you must remember to download and install each of the updates in order, i.e. update 1, 2, 3. Each is dependent on the previous one having been installed.

If you are seeking such a program I can and do recommend this one to you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but irritating!, 13 Jun. 2006
Edwardo (Bedford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corel Paint Shop Pro X (PC) (CD-ROM)
I recently upgraded from Jasc Version 7 to the latest Corel Version 10 and found that the whole interface had been totally revised making it much easier to use - it's like using a different product entirely. However, like one of the other reviewers, I don't like the irritating constant offers of updates which are often very minor and irrelevent. The bundled Corel Photo Album intrudes into the way Windows XP works and took over the downloading of pictures from my digital camera which was very annoying. I subsequently uninstalled Corel Photo Album which has caused all sorts of problems and remnants still remain on my PC. My advice is to install Paint Shop Pro only!

Once I got used to it all though, I found the whole package very powerful and would definitely recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Go for JASC Version, not Corel, 9 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Corel Paint Shop Pro X (PC) (CD-ROM)
I am very surprised by most of the reviews here.

My experience of PSP X is that is is slow, especialy with pathed vectored text, it crashes so often that I have gone back to 7, the interface is cluttered by comparason, less intuitive with more eye-candy styling and less usability.

The version I have may be X1, though it has patched itself with downloads from the Corel site.

Overall .. I will not be using this product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very powerful and very cheap. A must have for image editing, 18 Aug. 2006
Blackjack Davy (somewhere in the UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corel Paint Shop Pro X (PC) (CD-ROM)
PSP is always going to be compared with Adobe Photoshop CS2. While it's not as powerful as Photoshop it can do perhaps 80% - 90% of what PS can do and at a fraction of the price. But that 80% is probably all that that 90% of it's users are ever going to need anyhow. Putting it simply, Paintshop Pro is a powerful and incredibly cheap piece of imaging processing software for the masses - and most people probably won't even use all of it's features. If you're a professional graphics designer or professional digital photographer you're probably going to want Photoshop instead for the extra range of (mostly) obscure editing features that only professionals would be interested in - and pay the extra £500 for it. But for the average man in the street Paintshop Pro is more than sufficient.

In some ways its even more useful than Photoshop - it's toolbars and palletes can be docked with the main window unlike Photoshop - and would you believe Photoshop doesn't even have an Undo/Step backwards button? It's a keyboard shortcut only and even then you have to change the default settings to make it useable! The main filters etc are only available via dropdown menus - Paintshop will let you add them to the toolbars which I find incredibly useful - Photoshop can't.

If I were to deduct a point it's that Corel pester you to register and to update and it likes to call home a lot, though this can be blocked with a firewall. And secondly where is Animation Shop?!? I keep my old copy of Paintshop Pro 8 for that reason alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Photo Software, 21 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Corel Paint Shop Pro X (PC) (CD-ROM)
Superb value for money. Certainly for someone who started using this software with no experience I would recommend this. It comes with a basic instruction book and a good range of training tutorials which were an immense help for a first timer.

It does everything I could probably wish for and much much more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Brilliant, 12 Feb. 2006
This review is from: Corel Paint Shop Pro X (PC) (CD-ROM)
Having used Paint Shop Pro for some time I can honestly say you will not regret the money spent on this product. It is a true bargain. The software installs easily and is a dream to use. The things even a real novice can achieve are amazing. Any photo can be changed in so many ways to make the picture you really wanted to take. You can also make fabulous graphics for your website using the paint tubes and other effects. The programme is very powerful but never intermidating and the learning centre helps to teach you clearly and step by step so that you can't go wrong. Any one with a digital camera or website should have this software.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent software but..., 2 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Corel Paint Shop Pro X (PC) (CD-ROM)
Why oh why no printed user guide? Previous (full) versions came with an extremely useful manual which described in detail all functions and how to use them.

Now you have choices; you can access the in-program help files and search the rather non-intuitive index where basic explanations are found but no real practical advice is given on how to apply the explanations to the application. (Try searching the index for the new high-pass sharpening filter - an essential item if you are serious about photo processing).

Next option is to read/download a pdf file from the Corel website. This is a 113 page document where you learn on page 1 that it is only designed to get you started on the basics and to accompany the in-program Help, as well as other material available from the Corel website.

There is also the learning centre which is useful but limited.

It seems difficult to find clear and detailed information amongst the hodge-podge of tutorials and help files. Not everybody wants to connect to the internet every time they need help with something and I do believe that help should come included in the form of an easy-to-browse book when PSP is purchased.

I suppose the reason for no longer including a printed user manual is simply one of cost. But it is regretful. The old type manual was comprehensive, detailed and easy to understand. It helped me tremendously when I first started using PSP some years ago and I have always bought full versions of PSP as it has been updated purely in order to get the new manual. Newcomers to this excellent software have been deprived of a very useful learning tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does all your Photo needs, 9 Feb. 2006
This review is from: Corel Paint Shop Pro X (PC) (CD-ROM)
Brilliant and easy to use, photo manipulation at it's best and is compatible with 64bit windows. Great, no problems and a nice quick install, also doesn't overtake your computer like some products out there, and quick and fast support from the makers and easy downloadable updates.

Corel Paint Shop Pro X (PC)
Corel Paint Shop Pro X (PC) by Corel (Windows 2000 / XP)
Out of stock