on 18 August 2006
Like many people, I owned the original 'Sims' game for years on Pc, and was desperate to buy 'The Sims 2' when it was released. However, when the second game arrived, I found our Pc wasn't good enough to take such an extensive game so I decided to buy the version for the Playstation 2 instead.

I bought it thinking it would be roughly the same as the pc version, but it wasn't.
The graphics are good, and the gameplay if a little slow, seems reasonable but after a while playing a few major flaws start to appear. The game lacks what most people loved about the first 'Sims' games. The ability to customise your house to whatever ridiculous ideas you have, to create wacky people and huge families.

But the game does NOT include;
* Pets (except for fish)
* children
* swimming pools
* an upstairs layer to houses
* a town centre or shops
* a significantly decreased ammount of furniture for your home
* a stupid fire hazard warning that puts a limit on the ammount of furniture you are allowed in your house

However there are some good new benefits;
* You can now create your own recipes and food.
* 3d graphics with realistic enviroments
* New controls to move your Sims.
* New advances in designing your Sims looks.

Overall, the loss of features makes the game a bit of a disappointment but it is still a playable game.
on 21 October 2006
Where are the children, the pools, the towns, the townies, the furniture, the different versions of the furniture, the ADVANCED way of making houses, the true sims experience... maybe not. I did enjoy this game but i think my list of things missed out has made my point. I think when they named it the sims 2, people thought the 2 would make it a lot better. Well..er.. no. Now you think, "Hey why has that guy given it 5 stars if he has slagged it off". well the good features are: Advanced when talking etc, making food creativily, play as a ghost when sim has deceased, you know what i'm talking about know? My choice is a neautral one. I think thta the towns and stuff that i said have been missed out could have been made up for if there was children in the game.

THE BIGGEST LOSS IS NO AGE LIMIATION, FORGET THE BABY;CHILD;TEEN;ADULT;ELDER CIRCUIT THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THAT.

I am warning you of this becuase the reviews i read stated nothing of this, so i am saving you getting dissapointed. Because i am nice. :)
on 28 December 2006
The Sims 2 (PS2) is fun to play and has many styles of clothing and accesories to choose from. the 'Story Mode' - as all Sims PS2 games have them - keeps you occupied for a couple of hours (maybe days) so you can unlock all the locked items avalible. The graphics are excellent and the objects are out-of-this-world.

However, it differs amazingly to any other Sims game. THERE ARE NO SWIMMING POOLS, THERE ARE NO 2nd STORIES AND THE TIME IT TAKES TO LOAD IS ASTONISHING. Whether you want to change location, change your clothes or save your game, it takes oodles of your time by loading.
on 28 December 2005
Hi, this is a great game and I would thoroughly recommend that you buy this for the following reasons.
1. The graphics are really good.
2. You can make your own recipes.
3. The places you can unlock are fab.
4. It is really easy to use.
5. It has a clear layout.
The only bad point (well it's not really a bad point just me being lazy!) it can be difficult to unlock new locations. Otherwise this is a fantastic game and as I said before I definitely recommend this game for all of you reading. See ya!!
on 3 November 2013
I brought this because i love to Sims, i have Sims 2 Pets, Castaway and Busting Out, so i thought this would be good like most sims games but i was really disappointed with this one.

When i play my other sims games i'm hooked from the start and end up playing for hours (without realising it) making sims,pets,houses, contraptions (castaway)and playing the story, but i really couldn't get into this one, it has different controls that aren't easy to remember, it's a very slow game compared to the pc version, not very good graphically and i hear that the pc version is better by far.

And i has a lot of missing things that other sims games have, eg. town centre, swimming pools, children, and it doesn't have much furniture either.

I feel kinda ripped off to be honest, i'm just glad i only payed a few quid. waste of money

i don't recommend this game even if you are a sims fan, but if you really want it then get the pc version.

Even though i hate the game i can't fault the seller it was fast dispatch and delivery. Thanks anyway :)
on 18 February 2016
I love it! I had Sims 2 on my DS several years ago but I couldn't get into it. I always preferred the PS2 versions and the game is great, runs smoothly and lots to do! If only life was as simple as the Sims...
on 23 November 2005
When i first bought this game i was really excited by the fact that you can grow older not realising that you cant have kids or grow older which was really dissapionting. The game is very good once you get the hang of it because you can unlock loads of different places including some underwater,on the edge of a mountain etc... A disapiontment with the game is that you can only purchase a certain amount of items otherwise you get a fire in your house every 5 mins. I also thought it was good because you can make your own recipes and grow your own food. Overall i thought it was a good game although there could be some improvements
on 3 January 2006
I purchased this game just after Christmas after playing the PC version with a friend. I hoped the two games would share the main features but when I came to play my new game I found myself disappointed. Not only can one not grow older, Sims cannot have children which makes the game boring after a few hours of play as no family can develop further than "lover" or getting a job. Overall, the visuals and graphics may be realistic but underneath all that, it's rather disappointing.
on 20 February 2014
Why... Lets start with the positives of the sims 2... The graphics were great for a ps2 game, allowing players to experience the world through the eyes of the sims in the company's classic artwork style. The ability to switch between two different playing modes was also fun because it allowed you to play the game with a different feel, and the free play mode was a bit of fun too... Now the negatives.... 1) the music... This game features constant and annoying songs that play on a cycle, it is annoying and distracting, I end up playin with the game on mute! 2) simlish, a novelty for those sick of their own language, a repetitive annoyance for those who aren't, from jokes to general conversation simlish will have you again playing this game on mute... 3) repetitiveness... Ok this game has a fair few options but once you're done, you're done, very often I found myself on free play, trapping and killing sims in little rooms just out of pure boredom...

So to round up... A great game if this is the kind of game you like, it's innovative features and gameplay definitely make it the next step in the series.... However I game to get away from the stresses of life and having some Whiney, childish cartoon, moaning at me in a made up language really doesn't "float my boat". But if you're into the series, it's still a must have in the playstation collection :)
on 6 January 2007
Get Sims or Sims 2 for your PC along with the expansion packs...they are the real games and much more creative than this incredibly disappointing version. Not worth the money and it takes a long time to download as well. We found it hard for kids to manipulate as opposed to the original. Overall, it just wasn't much...well...fun.