5.0 out of 5 stars Discovering Dyson, 13 Oct 2012
Clark Anthony "Tony Clark" (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson: Violin Concerto, Children's Suite After Walter De La Mare ,Concertos (Audio CD)
It's a little over a year since I first heard the name of Dyson when visiting the UK and listening to Radio 3 in my hired car. That work was Quo Vadis, which I immediately purchased and have listened to with undiminished delight many times since. Now I am buying more of his music and was attracted to this CD by the artist Lydia Mordkovitch, since I have other excellent recordings by her. I have played this almost every day since it arrived two weeks ago. The music is both immediately appealing and at the same time reveals more on each listening. If you love the violin concertos of Brahms and Sibelius, for example, you will surely never regret getting hold of this disc. I consider this concerto much more enjoyable than Elgar's violin concerto, for example. Highly recommended, inexpensive, good sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars CD, 26 Sep 2011
CD arrived quickly and before the estimated time. The Cd itself is Ok but not one of my top 10!

ARRAY(0xb1e44234)