5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product. . . . . Shoddy P&P
This is a great product. Transfer rate is great for me as im a student and this is a great and easy to use product and works on all operating systems i have used (including mac that is).

Published on 4 April 2007 by S. Shurey

1.0 out of 5 stars Why do they preinstall U3??
Published on 4 Jun. 2007 by Beemer Cooper

1.0 out of 5 stars Why do they preinstall U3??, 4 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Kingston Technology 1GB DataTraveler USB Flash Pen Drive (Accessory)
What we ask of a USB storage device is pretty straight forward: high speed, reliable. Some versions of this Kingston memory key has the U3 software preinstalled, which got some of our machines stuck once the key is plugged in. We still do not understand what the U3 software does, and it is just a trial version that you have to pay after a certain period of time. Unfortunately, it is not that easy to uninstall the software. If you want to buy this Kingston memory, make sure it does not have the U3 preinstalled!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product. . . . . Shoddy P&P, 4 April 2007
S. Shurey "technical_sound" (England, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

But what lets it down is that when you see the price of the product you think WOW £3.50!!! and then you see the P&P price which is actually more than the product a huge £4.50 bringing the total cost up to £8.00!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very fast - if you can afford it, pay more, 9 Mar. 2007
Myfanwy (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I have just bought a few of these usb sticks and, while they work ok, they are very slow compared to others that I have (including another 1G stick). I do IT development and make regular backups throughout the day and use usb sticks in addition to my hard disks.

I find that the Kingston 1G is so slow I am not using it for backups as I am not prepared to wait for the copying. I have just done some tests and it is 5 times SLOWER than my EasyDisk 2G usb flash disk. I shall definitely not be using the Kingston 1G and I am going to give them away!!

If you are NOT copying lots of data, then it is propbably ok. I imagine if you are a student and want to backup a few Word docs for example, it is fine. However, if you do copy large amounts of data, then forget this usb stick and pay out a bit more - I shall stick with the EasyDisk.

I have been thinking for a while how hard it is to find out if a usb stick is fast or not. There seems to be no real means of comparing speed - only by trial and error as the specs seem to bear no relation to reality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compatibility, 16 Jan. 2007
Dianne A. Newby "newby" (England) - See all my reviews
The product is very helpful for those with Win 2000, XP, Mac or Lunux.

BE WARNED however that Windows NT, 98, 95 and Me are NOT SUPPORTED.

5.0 out of 5 stars very handy flash memory stick at fantastic price, 19 Jan. 2007
M. Green "Marc, Ipswich, UK" (ip1 5hf, suffolk United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought it to allow my wife to share the pics of our little girl with family and friends; it makes this job so easy.

It's very small and easily carried on a key ring.

Plugs straight into a USB port and needs no software or drivers for most versions of windows.

The 1GB capacity is enough for several hundred pics from our 6mp digital camera.

As cheap as this is you can't go wrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 15 Oct. 2006
Mrs. Mj Langley (Shanklin , IOW) - See all my reviews
DataTraveler has to be on everyone's list when it comes to quick no messing about tranfer of data...small and compact it will fit on to any keyring ...once plugged in to your USB port your ready to add files ,no install , no drives , no large manuals ...Windows XP provides all the drives needed...just a case of you dragging your files to the drive..and transferring your files to a second computer or backing up data , making this product excellent value from a reputable company. One small gripe...would like this device to have a password protected option...if you do lose it..then a 3rd party can read and transfer all data...but hey...at this price you cannot grumble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 15 Jun. 2007
R. Mullaney (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This has become absolutely essential to me so that I can transfer files from my home computer (an Apple Mac) to windows PC's at college. It is foolproof to use, just plug it into the USB port and it will appear as a removable storage device. Drag and drop whatever you need onto the massive 1GB of storage space and eject it. Simple. No more messing around burning CD's. Kingston also offer a reassuring 5 year warranty on their flash drives. What more could you want for under ten quid?

2.0 out of 5 stars let down, 19 Sept. 2007
i loved this when i first got it. as a student it became pretty much essential. the 1gb worth of space was enough for all of my work and then my photos too. i have had it since may 07 but last week it just randomly malfunctioned and as a result it cannot be used anymore. the computer doesn't even pick it up as a device. all of my coursework was gone and so were all of my photographs which was terrible. it wasnt the computer's fault either because i tried it on at least 10 computers before giving up. this might be a rare problem but if you're planning on depending on your usb then it's better to invest in something better like a sandisk. they cost the same price anyway. it just goes to show that sometimes its better to stick with the brands you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 12 Dec. 2006
Noor Palijo (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Kingston 1GB flash drive is smaller than normal USB drives and is cheaper than its competitor products. I bought it from Amazon and it was delivered next day. Really a good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit!, 12 April 2007
Mark Muller - See all my reviews
I have finally got round to writing a review for this, which is not a bad thing as most people are impressed with a new gadget when they first use it. I have now had this for some time and highly recommend it. I have even had it through the washing machine (having forgotten it in my pocket). Just dried it off and plugged it in - no problem! Only 'down' side is that it is not a full 1GB but then we have come to expect that. Speed is good too.

Kingston Technology 1GB DataTraveler USB Flash Pen Drive