5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little gadget.
Published on 12 Mar 2012 by Chestyboy

3.0 out of 5 stars Very small and fiddly to use
Published 2 months ago by Jim__Leeder

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little gadget., 12 Mar 2012
This review is from: BOSS DR. BEAT DB30 Metronomes (Electronics)
I purchased this primarily to provide a reliable tempo for new songs when playing live. I am a drummer and occasionally songs can start a little faster than required....well, we're only human. This metronome has all the features that you could reasonably need. An LCD representation of a metronome needle which is neat, also two bright red LED's to indicate the tempo. The mute button is handy for live work. The unit has the ability to play all kinds of different time signatures and goes up to ridiculously fast tempos. All in all I would highly recommend this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boss of rhythm, 1 Dec 2012
This review is from: BOSS DR. BEAT DB30 Metronomes (Electronics)
This metronome is the 2nd digital one I've bought,The first (no names no pack drill)was ok but not as well built and broke under quite careful treatment after 3 or 4 years.The Dr.Beat whilst being above average cost is way more robust and I expect it to last much longer.Easy and versatile in use.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good!, 4 April 2011
This review is from: BOSS DR. BEAT DB30 Metronomes (Electronics)
Headphone output nice and loud, big range of tempos and signatures, good build quality, good value for money. Fairly minor criticism but it'd be nice to have a choice of click sounds hence 4 stars rather than 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for barefoot running cadence training, 4 Jan 2012
This review is from: BOSS DR. BEAT DB30 Metronomes (Electronics)
As well as the obvious usage for tuning musical instruments and setting down a beat, this is ideal for barefoot running enthusiasts like myself who want something that can do the following:

1. Maintain 180bpm
2. Provide an earphone/headphone option. (to avoid annoying fellow runners with the beep)
3. Contain a clip for keeping it attached while running.
4. Volume control.

All of the above make this a very good unit for running. I agree with a previous reviewer that having some different sounds would add to the offering, but this little unit does everything I need so I've given it a full 5 stars.

Thanks,
John

5.0 out of 5 stars fun and funky,, 15 Jun 2010
This review is from: BOSS DR. BEAT DB30 Metronomes (Electronics)
This is a great little metronome with many extra features. I haven't explored them all yet but I would highly recommend this to my pupils and to any one who wants some additional fun with their practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great metronome, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: BOSS DR. BEAT DB30 Metronomes (Electronics)
This product does everything I want it to and more with many beat variations, the wide range of bpm choices of 30-250 and the pitch feature. Also this product is very easy to use, well made and very portable. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB LITTLE GADGET!, 23 July 2013
This review is from: BOSS DR. BEAT DB30 Metronomes (Electronics)
I bought this as I have just started learning to play the drums and it is remarkable! Fab price and I love it!!!! My drumming teacher thinks it is awesome - it has a connection for earphones so no one else has to suffer the tick tock... and it does everything i need to learn! Buy, buy, buy and yes, it has a clip top attach to your waistband! What more could you want? :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loud enough for a drummer!, 10 Oct 2014
E. Foster "Information Hound" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BOSS DR. BEAT DB30 Metronomes (Electronics)
This was bought for my son to help with his grade 2 drumming examination, as he struggles with his time-keeping. He tells me it is 'wicked'! I looked at a few different metronomes, but all of the reviews were by guitarists and I was concerned that my son would not hear the beat over his drums. After reading the positive reviews about this particular model and researching it further, I am pleased with my purchase. It can be heard clearly over my son's drumming (his teacher tells me my son is a particularly loud drummer!). He has spent time just going through his grade 2 music whilst listening to the metronome on the correct beat, without actually playing, which has helped him further with his timing. A great purchase, which I am sure will continue to be of benefit to my son for many years to come.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very small and fiddly to use, 25 Sep 2014
This review is from: BOSS DR. BEAT DB30 Metronomes (Electronics)
This is VERY small - handy if you want to slip into a pocket, but it means the text on the screen is TINY. Setting the tempo and rhythm is very fiddly , using one button to cycle between the items on the screen, then the UP / DOWN buttons to choose the desired value. There are three beat indicators - the swinging line "pendulum" on the screen, the two LED lights at the top (one for the Downbeats, one for the Upbeats), and a two-tone beep (again one for the Downbeats and one for the Upbeats) . The beep volume is adjusted by a small wheel on the side. Even at its loudest the beeps are fairly quiet. As I'm using an instrument that doesn't need tuning I haven't tried the tone generator.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... second Boss Dr Beat I've had - it's very good when it works, 28 Nov 2014
This review is from: BOSS DR. BEAT DB30 Metronomes (Electronics)
This is the second Boss Dr Beat I've had - it's very good when it works.

The six stars is for the excellent customer service that comes with it when you purchase from Fair Deal Music.
I purchased one of these for my son who is preparing for his Grade 4 piano exam and it stopped working.
I got in contact with FDM, explained what was wrong and they dispatched another one straight away.

No hassles or excuses, no complicated time consuming returns procedure - they just fixed my problem
straight away, bam!

If only all Amazon sellers were like this, well done Fair Deal Music - you guys rock!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›