5.0 out of 5 stars Open All Hours 4
Published on 5 Sep 2008 by Vicky Welsby

1.0 out of 5 stars Warped dvd
The dvd was faulty.It was warped.It spins around on its seat in my laptop.It plays for one or two minutes then goes blank.
Published 18 months ago by P.Holt

5.0 out of 5 stars Open All Hours 4, 5 Sep 2008
Vicky Welsby (NSW, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Open All Hours - Series Four [1985] [DVD] (DVD)
Sadly, this was the last series and boy did it go out with a bang. I still howl with laughter every time I watch Open All Hours. Again, some classic one-liners which will have you doubled over laughing even when you've heared them hundreds of times. Ronnie Barker and David Jason are two of Britains best comedy actors and it certainly shows here. Arkwright is as tight as ever, finally relenting and agreeing to a new till, several models are shown to him and as the sales man walks in with each one, all you can hear is his voice from inside his shop shouting "How Much????". Absolute brilliance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, 9 Sep 2011
This review is from: Open All Hours - Series Four [1985] [DVD] (DVD)
Bought Open All Hours - Series One [1976] [DVD],Open All Hours - Series Two [1981] [DVD],Open All Hours - Series Three [1982] [DVD] [1976],Open All Hours - Series Four [1985] [DVD] together as a gift for my son, he loves the humour and I have to say I'm encouraging it! I bought these for him when he was 8 and it's a great, gentle programme to watch together as a family - not much of that around these days! He also loves to watch an episode with his Grandparents when they have chance, it's been a lovely way to create some common ground - LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Open All Hours - Series Four [1985] [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this and thought that's it I have to own it brill got it now

5.0 out of 5 stars F-F-F-F Fantastic!, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Open All Hours - Series Four [1985] [DVD] (DVD)
The show is almost 30 years old and its still very funny! The material is so much better, clever, and funnier than most of the modern stuff of today. I have now got the complete collection, if anyone wants a laugh, a pick me up after a long hard day, this is what you want!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Open All Hours - Series Four [1985] [DVD] (DVD)
timeless comedy for the old or young...brilliant barker was a genius comedian....side splitting laughter..if you don't find this funny I feel for you !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Words cannot describe this classic comedy ......, 1 Nov 2013
Neil Franklin "mcqueen" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Open All Hours - Series Four [1985] [DVD] (DVD)
This content of this DVD is legendary as you will already know.

So this review will be just me banging on about how much I love the actors and the writers of this comedy gem . I was allowed to watch this as a small child before I had to go to bed on a Sunday evening , " school in the morning" my mum would shout , so I had to be washed and in my pyjamas before the start and then me and my brother would lay on the floor and watch this show with our mum and dad and we would laugh together and enjoy the adventures that week that Arkwright and Granville would get up too.

I now watch it as a man of nearly fifty and still remember those magical days in the 1970's with my family and not only does it make me remember happy days of a small boy in a very uncomplicated world back then ,but it still makes me laugh out loud.

So thank you Mr Barker ,Mr Jason and of course all the other great actors and actresses in this show for giving me a great memory of the great times ..
Thank you for reading my review and happy viewing :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 April 2013
This review is from: Open All Hours - Series Four [1985] [DVD] (DVD)
As with my previous comment, absolutel great
Classic comedy which can be viewed by most age groups, much better than the modern so called comedy

4.0 out of 5 stars More Shopkeeper Capers, 6 Nov 2012
This review is from: Open All Hours - Series Four [1985] [DVD] (DVD)
Arkwright is a tight-fisted shop owner in Doncaster, who will stop at nothing to keep his profits high and his overheads low, even if this means harassing his nephew Granville. Arkwright's only weakness is his love - Nurse Gladys Emanuel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 19 Jun 2012
This review is from: Open All Hours - Series Four [1985] [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my friend's birthday. A classic British sit-com. Always a favourite and starring 2 of the greatest comedy actors - the late , great Ronnie Barker as penny pinching shop owner Arkwright and the amazing Sir David Jason as errand boy Gggggranvil ( fetch ya cloth )

5.0 out of 5 stars So Funny love watching this., 3 Jun 2012
Mrs. D. M. Jones (Cornwall, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Open All Hours - Series Four [1985] [DVD] (DVD)
We bought this to go with the rest of the series that we own. So funny looking back at this. This is what real comedy is.

Open All Hours - Series Four [1985] [DVD]
Open All Hours - Series Four [1985] [DVD] by Ronnie Barker (DVD - 2005)
5.87