on 16 April 2013
If you are in the market for a good quality stand then look no further than the GS412B. Ruggedly built, tall enough for the longest basses & perfectly suited for odd body shapes. I am using this for two axes, a Jackson USA RR1 & a Warwick Thumb NT so I wanted something I could trust. The necks sit perfectly into the stand and the adjustable back rest is quick and easy to move into the correct position to deal with the odd shapes of both the Warwick & Jackson.

I will not be using any other stands but these in the future...and am currently in the process of replacing all my others with the GS412B.
on 1 December 2014
Perfect. I'm using two of these to keep my Gibson LP and PRS safe ... They're strong, supportive and look fantastic. The build quality is amazing and it's just so easy to pick up a guitar when needed as well as put it back!

I did initially purchase the 'HERCULES STANDS ELECTRIC GUITAR MINI STAND GS402B', but they have a massive foot print compared to these - The angle that the guitars lean back at with the GS402B means that the stand needs to be positioned well away from the wall or in a corner. With the GS412B this is not a problem :)
on 23 April 2014
I have a few Hercules stands but needed one that worked for a flying V... this is perfect!
Very robust product and folds easily for transportation.
on 27 April 2015
Overall an excellent stand, build quality is superb and the patented yolk system is re-assuring.
Though this stand is not without some issues, the neck of the guitar hangs on two foam cylinders. Guitars such as fenders and non-uniform necks will dig into one side more then the other, causing the foam cylinder to slowly wear the foam away until it inevitably falls through.

As for other reviewers worrying about the weight of the guitar on the neck, it is common practice to hang guitars by the neck and people have done so for many years with no issues at all.

Overall an excellent stand, though food for thought if you have a fender or non uniform guitar neck.
on 8 April 2014
Perfectly packaged, Xmas present for hubbie and I ordered the cover to go with it as well...hubbie well pleased with this product.
on 10 January 2014
I bought this for my son, who loves it. The yoke grip closes as you place the guitar in, so it is very secure. Stand adjusts easily to fit different sizes and is well padded to keep it all cosy.
on 30 July 2014
What's to Say? It's a guitar stand! The difference with the Hercules is that not only is it a well made stand with enough spread on the feet to be completely stable but it's Auto Yoke means your prized possession is securely held on the stand - Don't but anything else!
on 29 October 2013
I bought one of these for my son to use with his Epiphone Wee Vee (a short scale Flying V).
I already own eight different styles of Hercules Stands and this one is absolutely perfect for his V
and I have no doubt that this stand will out live the guitar.
on 9 December 2013
Excellent stand. Very stable. Looks good. And the auto grip system is fantastic. Very well designed. Far better that my previous basic one.
on 12 January 2016
I like the Hercules guitar supports generally, with the mechanism to hold the guitar in place. I bought this stand for an Explorer-style guitar (Chapman Ghost Fret) which doesn't fit into a normal floor stand, and it fulfils its purpose well. As well as the hanger at the top, there's a little padded rest towards the bottom that folds out and can be moved up and down to support the body of the guitar.
I've given it four stars because it's not absolutely stable, and it's rather easy to knock it over, partly because the rear leg is rather short, so you have to be a bit careful when putting a guitar in it or removing it, and to make sure that it doesn't get knocked or the whole thing will fall over.

See one answered question