5.0 out of 5 stars easy replacement strap
I got this as my T31 strap stopped working with my Polar HRM after about 2 years. I thought I would have to sync or somehow configure the watch to accept the new strap but it started working as soon as I put it on. Neat!

For anyone having problems just remember to wet the hatched areas that go against your skin. I give them a quick lick which does the trick.
Published on 16 Nov 2009 by C. Norris

3.0 out of 5 stars It works!
Delivered quickly. Worked as expected. In fact better than the original supplied with the monitor watch because that one always seemed to struggle to connect to the monitor or the gym machines. Probably a low battery off the shelf. Why don't they make the battery replaceable? Not a very green product.
Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars easy replacement strap, 16 Nov 2009
C. Norris "the ancient mariner" (bucks, uk) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need for gym-based heart monitoring, 3 Aug 2009
John Jamieson "JJ" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polar T31 Coded Transmitter (Sports)
This review was amended in January 2013 order to make clear the distinction between the Polar T31 transmitter and the separately available Polar wristband displays.

The T31 is the standard Polar chest band heart rate transmitter. It is also available in a package with Polar wrist band heart rate displays such as the Polar F4, F6, F7 etc.

If you work out in a gym equipped with modern treadmills, cross trainers, steppers, cycle exercisers etc you will find that the machines are all capable of picking up and displaying the heart-rate signals transmitted by the T31. So if you only work out in the gym using modern exercise machines (e.g. Technogym) just buy the T31 at less than half the price of the full transmitter and monitor package. If you later decide to use it for running, cycling or swimming, just add a Polar wrist band monitor.

The T31 is good value for money, in my opinion. Just ensure that the two conductive strips (look like carbon fibre) on the inner face are slightly damp before starting: once you get into the calorie burning zone your perspiration will keep them that way!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 6 May 2010
This review is from: Polar T31 Coded Transmitter (Sports)
Pretty boring item to review but worked absolutely fine with all the cardio machines (Life Fitness) at my gym.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Transmitter Technogym Excite+ range compatible, 20 May 2012
Jose Chavez - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polar T31 Coded Transmitter (Sports)
Is an excellent transmitter, the gym near where i live have all Technogym equipment Excite+ range and the sensor works in all of them, is great!!

5.0 out of 5 stars works for swimming, 19 Mar 2013
M. littler "mike62099" (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polar T31 Coded Transmitter (Sports)
Most heart rate monitors seem to be water resistant, which means they dont drown when you go swimming, but it says nothing about whether they work while under water.
I like swimming and this pickup works under water. I wanted a heart rate monitor to help gague how hard I was working. I get sensible values for heart rate while in the water (unlike some others which only work when you take them out of the water). I beleive this is down to the frequency of the radio transmitter, and its relation to water, with high frequency transmitters being blocked by the water.
I have also seen comments suggesting that the heart signal gets shunted by chlorinated water, all I can say is it has never afected my use of this one.
I did read a review that said these can be disloged if you swim very fast. I can confirm that, but I cant swim that fast for more than half a length, and I suspect that tightening the strap might cover that off too.
I think this works with gym equipment as well, as when I was wearing it, the machines in the gym seemed to pick up my heart rate without me holding on.
The one down side that I can see after buying it is that the battery is NOT user replaceable. The assembly is glued together and sealed. these seem to have to be returned to polar for new batteries. (probably just a replacement unit). I havent run mine out of battery yet (four months) so I have not tried getting a replacement yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart rate monitor transmitter, 11 Mar 2012
This review is from: Polar T31 Coded Transmitter (Sports)
I've used these transmitters for a number of years and they either work or they don't. This one works fine, it worked straight out of the packaging. Delivery was fine, arrived as promised though the box it came in was enormous, my wife thought I'd spent a fortune on some gadget or other.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faultless performance, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Polar T31 Coded Transmitter (Sports)
My old Polar HRM was probably around ten years old and, while it still functioned electronically, the plastic was weak and treating apart to the point of breaking. The replacement works perfectly and should be good for several years to come. I use it with a Polar Vantage NV watch, which itself is over fifteen years old and only needs DIY battery replacement (50p each time) less than once per annum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Polar T31 Replacement Transmitter, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Polar T31 Coded Transmitter (Sports)
Unit built to same standard as the original one delivered with heart rate monitor. Works fine and connects every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mint, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Polar T31 Coded Transmitter (Sports)
Mint works like a charm, never have to pre program anything again just pop the strap on and away I go on the exercise machines.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Polar T31 Coded Transmitter (Sports)
Works just like the old one, its comfortable and easy to clean. I use it with a very old X Trainer watch

Polar T31 Coded Transmitter