4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product but need extensive Vista update
Published on 19 May 2009 by George Formby

1.0 out of 5 stars better out there!!
Found this software was too dated ,took for ever to scan and did not recognise multi format pages at all well,threw in the bin.
Published on 19 Oct 2010 by Antonio22

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product but need extensive Vista update, 19 May 2009
This review is from: Omnipage 15 (CD-ROM)
This was bought as my special edition Omnipage, which came with my Canon MP780 printer, would not work with my new Vista computer, even though I'd bought the Canon printer only six months before the computer. Thanks for the help Microsoft and Canon, introducing products that are obsolete after 6 months. Anyway, by this time I'd got used to Omnipage, and although there was a way (very complicated) to get the Omnipage SE upgraded, I thought it would be easier to buy the full version. I didn't realise that Omnipage 15 wasn't Vista ready either! However, armed with the retail product key, it was much easier to get the upgrade and it was to the full Omnipage. The main advantage over the SE edition is that now I can use the document feeder on the Canon MP780 to OCR whole stacks of paper documents. My work involves reading a lot of paper documents and I often have to summarise bits of them. Now I can turn them into a Word document in minutes, and extract text from them as I need. It really makes my job so much easier. I work on contract so I have to be able to do these sorts of things in as fast a way as possible so that I look better value than the full time employees who don't even have a clue how to work "smart", and do things the most laborious way possible. Omnipage is the most accurate OCR program I have used.
So I highly recommend Omnipage - well worth it if you want to transfer paper documents into electronic form.

1.0 out of 5 stars better out there!!, 19 Oct 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 14 May 2013
I. W. Wylie - See all my reviews
This review is from: Omnipage 15 (CD-ROM)
This product was easy to install and even easier to use. I was so impressed that I bought one to put on my wife's pc.

Omnipage 15
Omnipage 15 by Nuance Communications, Inc. (Windows 2000 / 98 / Me / Vista / XP)
Out of stock