4.0 out of 5 stars Cordless Keyboard
The most important thing to bear in mind is this:

Its excellent for less than £20.

I don't use the mouse because i have a wireless trackball (also made by Logitech), but they keyboard is pretty much what i need. The mouse does appear to be well made, plus looks and feels nice in the hand.

The extra buttons above the keys can be customised...
Published on 30 Jun 2007 by Funk

3.0 out of 5 stars Review edited - letters on keys wear off
Published on 6 July 2007 by K. Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Cordless Keyboard, 30 Jun 2007
Funk (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Logitech EX110 Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
The most important thing to bear in mind is this:

Its excellent for less than £20.

The extra buttons above the keys can be customised to many different functions, depending on what you need, which i find particularly usefull when requring to bring up the CPU calculator or MyDocuments. It is not the widest of keyboards (some 2" less than my old one), so if your a bit hamfisted or have used a bigger keyboard previously like me, it can take a while to get used to the keys being slightly closer together.

Easy to set up out the box, the wireless receiver is very sleek and wouldn't look out of place on even the most image conscious desk.

A wrist support would be advisable however, as it does sit a bit flat and can cause strain when doing lots of typing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you could ask for, 19 Oct 2007
Mr. M. A. Hardy (East Yorkshire, U.K.) - See all my reviews
I must say I am not one for writing reviews but felt compelled to do so as I am extremely satisfied with the wireless keyboard & mouse, anyone looking to upgrade to wireless should definitely consider this.

Plugged straight into the USB socket and recognised keyboard and mouse instantly (on Windows XP). Will also connect to your PS/2 Socket as included in the box is a handy USB to PS/2 adaptor (which perhaps will free-up a USB port for you). Additional software disc takes 2 mins to load up & further enables shortcut keys on keyboard (music buttons, open browser, email, save, print, volume control to name a few), and are all fully customisable so you can add your own/change as you wish. Plus will now 'update' itself.

The receiver that plugs into your comp has about a metre of cable so should easily reach from a unit on the floor to desk level, alleviating any potential signal problems. However will still function normally away from receiver or with an object between the two. The recevier itself is relatively small so can sit at the back out of the way, or won't cause hassle on a cluttered desk. It also houses the LED lights for the Caps Lock, Num Lock and Function Key. Have found the response time of the keys and the mouse no different to a wired alternative.

Keyboard takes 2 AAA batteries and the mouse 2 AA's - which are included in the box, although have not had enough chance yet to test how long they last - you can check the battery level indicator in the settings menu. Keyboard is very slimline and light and I have had no problem with hitting the right keys, types very well.

** Attention Nintendo Wii owners -- yes this model is fully compatible with the Nintendo Wii console if you have downloaded the latest update (Vers. 3.0) and latest version of the Internet channel - no more typing with the remote! It will plug straight into one of the USB ports at the back of the console and work straight away.

I would strongly advise to buy ASAP as I have noticed the price is slowly creeping up - still is approx 20-25 percent cheaper here than you would find on average on the high street.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review edited - letters on keys wear off, 6 July 2007
K. Smith (Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
Thanks to the two reviews here I've bought this Logitech Cordless Keyboard and Mouse. It does exactly what it's meant to. Surprisingly easy to set up, nice look and feel to the keyboard, nice feel and movement with the mouse with accuracy. Yes. the keyboard is a little flat, but I'm sure I'll get used to that within a couple of days. What more can you ask for at such a great price? I always assume there must be a catch when something seems too much like a good deal - haven't found the catch yet.

Edited: I found the catch - the letters on the keys wear off within a few months. I have had the 1st keyboard replaced by Logitech after having to send photos as evidence to them and now the letters are coming off the replacement keyboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cordless keyboard/mouse combo, 17 Jun 2007
I. Smith - See all my reviews
I've been using this product for the past year now and it is still working fine.

Other reviewers have mentioned the fact that there is no Caps Lock or Num Lock indicator on the keyboard, but there are three green LED indicators on the receiver unit which indicate the status of the Num Lock, Caps Lock and function key mode.

The keyboard seems to lie flat on the desk despite the two supports but this is something that I quickly got used to.

In my opinion I still believe this product is very good value for money
and have no hesitation in recommending it to others considering buying this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars EX 110 Keyboard & Mouse, 12 Jan 2008
Dennis J. Pinchin "DJP" (Worcestershire UK) - See all my reviews
I have been using this keyboard and mouse for over 12months the keyboard has operated faultlessly,the mouse is good to use and fits the hand well.BUT!!! it uses up the batteries like there is no to-morrow The first set lasted only 1 month so I started using Rechargeable Ni-MH 2700 mAh they run for about 2 months then the mouse Just dies without warning.therefore Keyboard V good Mouse Poor,beware of this when buying and purchase a set of re-chargeable batteries as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars A couple of things you should bear in mind, 8 April 2008
Most people have had a positive view of this kit, but I beg to differ.

Firstly, the good stuff. Logitech is a good brand, build quality is fine, the keyboard has a nice feel when typing and the wireless aspect works fine. But ... I have three issues with it.

1. There doesn't seem to an off or sleep switch so it's on all the time (even when the computer is off) Result: it eats batteries. The mouse was getting through duracells (not cheapies) at the rate of one set of 2 AAs a month or less. The keyboard, oddly, lasted much longer on AAAs.

2. The keyboard layout is slightly non-standard. Take a close look at the graphic and check out the delete, home and insert keys alongside the Enter. May not bother everyone, but it was enough to annoy this touch typist.

3. The software installation was flaky. It installed okay but when I decided to remove it there was no uninstall entry in the Control Panel (Vista). I'm still figuring out how to do it manually.

I've now gone back to my old wired setup. Plenty of people like this kit and for under £20 it's a good buy if you can live with its foibles. I couldn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product at a value price!, 28 Nov 2007
This is the 3rd cordless keyboard and mouse I've purchased and have to say I am very impressed.

I have a recording studio and am happy with my normal corded keyboard/mouse for 99% of the general tasks when I'm sat at the PC but I'm often sat a few metres away at the piano and needed something to control remotely. As it was only going to get occassional use I did not want to spend too much money on it. The 1st and 2nd cordless keyboards/mice I used were very cheap unbranded makes and the range was barely a metre from the receiver and after that they got sporadic upon use which very quickly became an infuriating experience.

This item is amazing for the price and the range is stunning. I can use it from the next room! I cannot believe I could spend 5x more than this when this does exactly what I want. I can't remark too much about the comfort of the keys for prolonged use as I never type with it and the battery life has yet to be discovered but I'm chuffed to bits with the range to say the least!

At this price point there must surely be no better!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for Money!!, 14 Dec 2007
This cordless keyboad set really is very, very good value. It is smaller than a full sized keyboard, but not uncomfortably so (I've been used to using the keyboard on my laptop). It looks really nice and has some useful functions, (open e-mail, web-home and calculator as well as media buttons and 2 web browser buttons). It looks really nice on my desk and the glossy strips match the look of my samsung monitor and it works flawlessly. Overall a good package, If I had more money I would buy something more expensive, but I don't and it is good to know that you can get excellent quality for very little money (I once bought a rubbish cordless mouse from PC World that never worked and it was twice as much as this!).

1.0 out of 5 stars Shake, RATTLE, and roll........, 25 Sep 2008
I was foolishly tempted by the low price, and now find that I have a cheap tinny keyboard to deal with. The keys look and feel as though designed by an amateur, but the most irritating feature is the rattle. Every time you touch the keys, wires inside the keyboard jangle against each other. If like me you type a lot, every day, the continuous rattling of the internal wires is quite unacceptable. I have tried everything - blue tack, shaking the keyboard vigorously, holding it upside down, putting it on a table mat, you name it, but all to no avail. Tomorrow I'm going to look for something better, and I'm willing to pay three times the price of this toytown product, if that's what it takes, so long as I get something that DOESN'T RATTLE. No more Logitech kit for me, I'm afraid!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mouse Batteries forever need changing, 7 Jan 2009
GL Watson "gary watson" (Bradford, UK) - See all my reviews
I got the keyboard and mouse combination with my Dell XPS 420.
Initially I was well pleased, but I'm forever having to replace the batteries in the mouse - about once a month. The batteries in the keyboard last about 6 months, which seems OK.
My previous keyboard (Microsoft 1000), the batteries lasted at least 6 months.
I suspect that the mouse cannot detect when it is not being used so is constantly draining power.
The replacement of batteries has gotten so anoying I'm thinking of replacing the mouse and keyboard combination.
I also mailed Logitech about this problem and received no response - so that did not go down well either.