Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 September 2011
This band have been so over-looked and therefore under-rated it is unbelievable, but it is typical of vocalist Pete French's (Atomic Rooster) luck. Unusually, I can't remember a weak track on this album, it is that good. Great vocals, drumming, bass and guitar combine to produce some brilliant riffs and great songs. Buy it now!
on 16 November 2015
Really excellent quality pressing with great clarity which is far superior to the Akarma release, only downside is that the sleeve is not gatefold. Highly recommended as with all repertoire vinyl releases!
on 3 February 2016
I cannot believe how good every track is on this collection. I love the brilliant vocals as well as the great guitar and excellent bass which altogether make such a fantastic "must have" album. There is so much to treasure from the whole experience of listening to this in its entirety - If you don't love it as I do then you have no soul !!
on 31 October 2001
A Hard rock album in the vein of Led Zeppelin. Excellent guitar work with raw & strong vocals. If you're into Progressive 70s. hard rock, this is the one you're looking for.
All tracks on the album are superb - the guitar riff on the opening track is just smashing - and can't make you stop listening to the rest. One track in particulary "Stray", sounds very much like Led Zep.
This is certainly a band worth investigating.
Enjoy.
on 1 November 2006
This is an amazing album, this is certainly a lost classic. This dissapeared on it's original release due to the bands record label dragging there feet over the release date. The band had split by the time the album was released and with that the label never done any promo either. Massive shame as it's a long lost gem that has finally resurfaced. I and my band actually supported Leafhound last year (2005) and as a fan of early 70's music, Leafhound played an amazing set. They sounded great and still had a feel for the 70's. You should buy this CD, like I said it's a lost gem. DEH
VINE VOICEon 3 February 2006
Let me count the ways I love this album. [counting........]. Um, probably about 19 ways but I can't manage that reverse one anymore. But yes, if I could have sex with a record, this would be on my list of conquests.
Of course, you will be well aware of the reemergence of Leaf Hound for gigs and recording, and this reissue contains a bonus track from the somewhat belated second album due later in 2006.
You will also know that said Mr French also did time with Atomic Rooster and Cactus amongst others. You may even know that legions of stoners will point their shaky fingers at this album and mutter words of praise. And for once the dreaded pothead pixies are right. This is a classic.
From the opening "Freelance Fiend" with its delightful riff, cowbell and prot metal grind on into the Zeppelin like ""Drowned" through the Aynsley Dunbars Retaliation weirdo jazz licks of "Work My Body" this is one of those times when the 'magic' of music is patently obvious.
The album ramps up to its original closing with the awesome Sabbath sounding "Stagnant Pool", which still pins me to the wall after all these years before the cowbell makes its comeback for the closing "Sawdust Caesar" alongside a nearly falling off the edge guitar solo. Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my chin.
But this is the ceedee age and that means bonus tracks or guff that wasn't good enough the first time around. "It's Going To Get Better" is utter pants and was rightly relegated to the B-side of the so rare it hurts single "Drowned My Life In Fear". "Hipshaker" was dug up for the original CD issue and is a lo-fi Humble Pie soundalike which is merely alright, in a UFO "Boogie For George" kinda way. Strange to say then that the best of the bonus numbers is the all new "Too Many Rock'n'Roll Times" which shows that Mr French can still blues wail with the best of them, and the tune would have sat nicely in the middle of the original album.
Always welcome round our way, this is irresistible to those of us who can't get enough of UFO - The Decca Years!
on 10 February 2008
I have owned this album on vinyl since it came out and am still allways impressed by the raw blues based rock you're given here from the pure rock of stray and freelance fiend to the true blues of work my body. for me the band lost the strength of the rhythm section when stuart and derek brooks left. This a classic example of the period and is one of the most sought after vinyl rock albums
on 21 January 2006
A friend at work lent me this cd telling me the tale of how he had the original on vinal and gave it away then realised it was worth £1000 or so - but thanks to modern technology here it is on cd and i have to say its brill, if your a Zepplin fan you will like this but having said that my 12 year old son came into the room where i was playing it and asked me who it was and that it sounded "cool".
on 31 October 2001
This is certainly a band worth investigating.
Enjoy.
on 17 December 2012
What a brilliant come back album ! One of the best I have heard in a very long time. If you need to have a copy in your collection !!!