5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Fusion
After owning the logitech pro 4000 webcam, I have bought a laptop and wanted a new cam to match.
The cam is small size and sits well on my laptop but is happier on a flat screen.
The cam came with the cd and logitech mic and headphone set which although very nice, I have never used them as the mic built into the cam is great.
The picture is pretty good...
Published on 5 April 2006 by thegurujames

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great.
Good Points:

1) Good quality image.

2) Good image in very low light.

3) Reasonable mounting system - but still needed to selotape it down for safety!

4) Light weight cord.

5) Mega pixel image sensor.

6) USB 2

7) Fast frame update but still slower than the Phillips SPC 900.

8) Privacy...
Published on 26 April 2006 by Thislife

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Fusion, 5 April 2006
This review is from: Logitech Quickcam Fusion (Accessory)
The picture is pretty good compared to my other webcams and the software allows smooth movements good brightness.
You also get to replace your face with pc cartoons and glasses etc which can be downloaded free from Logitechs website.
Setup as always, was easy-cd in, plug in the cam, setup options and away you go.
If you messenger alot and want a top cam, buy this.
The handle can be adjusted for most screens but wont sit well on a desk and is best for a flatscreen or laptop.
Great Picture Quality. Not grainy like other webcams.
Strong but try not to drop it too often like the ball and socket pro serious which like to break.
If you already have a pro 4000 or 5000, then you don't need this.
If you want the best, buy this!

4.0 out of 5 stars star item, 11 Jan 2006
D. Burkmar (hampshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Quickcam Fusion (Accessory)
I was recently given this item as a gift. I wouldn't have chosen this particular model for myself, but I think I may have regretted that decision.
The webcam sits nicely on the top of my flat screen being able to mould the arm. The instalation process was very easy (although it didn't follow the book exactly for the audio).
Within minutes I was being heard and seen by family through MSN. As clear as a telephone!
The children love the video effects that this comes with, talking to realatives as the gingerbread man etc.This is definately a bonus as they usually would make exscuses.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great., 26 April 2006
Good Points:

1) Good quality image.

2) Good image in very low light.

4) Light weight cord.

5) Mega pixel image sensor.

6) USB 2

7) Fast frame update but still slower than the Phillips SPC 900.

8) Privacy cover.

9) Blue light indicator when recording.

Bad points:

1) Fixed focus lens.

2) Very temperamental avatars.

3) No swivel with mounting bracket.

4) Pixelated image.

5) Image blurs during fast movements such as hand-waving.

6) Cheap and tight fitting headset-but at least it comes with one.

7) Continually resets to defaults (such as US lighting Hz, no tracking etc)

8) One of the best but still not great!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing - returned the goods, 30 Dec 2007
This review is from: Logitech Quickcam Fusion (Accessory)
Bought two of these for use on Vista OS with Skype. Software appears to clash with sound card ( it disabled the speakers until it was removed!). Logitech support section on its website useless. Spent hours getting the camera and built in microphone to work. When eventually working, picture and sound both good but too much effort is needed to get there, ended up returning them both & buying Philips webcams which had none of these set up problems.

If these cameras are meant to be a mass market product Logitech needs to improve the 'out of box experience' for its customers. It is an easy cop-out to blame Microsoft Vista for problems but this does not wash - after all my previous webcam was a very cheap supermarket purchase that, whilst performance limited, instantly worked well with the software provided and involved minimum effort from me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Innovation? What Innovation?, 26 Jan 2006
This review is from: Logitech Quickcam Fusion (Accessory)
You might have expected webcam technology to evolve with communication technology - but that's not the case here. This camera is no better than my Logitech eyeball purchased a few years back. It's still useable but the image is slightly grainier in the Fusion. Why would I keep it? It's one of the good ones - apparently - so nowhere else to go. The stand for my laptop works quite well and it also has a wideangle lens so you can see more at the other end. Did I mention the blue light on the front - that's one innovation that works!

4.0 out of 5 stars web cam, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Logitech Quickcam Fusion (Accessory)
Very good web cam, used many times & has never failed, recommended & software installs easily to get you going in no time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad picture in good light..., 2 Oct 2012
This review is from: Logitech Quickcam Fusion (Accessory)
I doubt anyone is buying this any more but picture is ok in good light. I could never get it to balance on top of my monitor or laptop screen. Sold it on eBay and never bought another. Tend to avoid Logitech as their products have never quite good enough for me. They remind me of cheap toys, for some reason.

5.0 out of 5 stars All good!, 5 Sep 2009
This review is from: Logitech Quickcam Fusion (Accessory)
Bought two of these and maintained regular cyber video conferencing with my family via my laptop and home desk top when I travelled overseas. Its was worth paying extra for enhanced images this product gives. Product is user friendly and nearly 3 years later still works perfect. Great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent camera, 10 Feb 2009
A. Stawicki (london, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Quickcam Fusion (Accessory)
good camera, i think, compared to others, i don't use the added features such as face icons, or capturing still shots, just video over skype, long distance connections, to US and mainland Europe, video is fine, cam never broke down on me and i have it over a year, drivers are avialable for free on the net.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough for its price, 12 Sep 2007
Ms. L. Brown (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Quickcam Fusion (Accessory)
I bought this item as I have Windows vista and needed a webcam which was compatible. I chose this and was expecting it to be brilliant but was very disappointed. When I record a video the picture is not at all in time with my voice and it is no better than the webcam I had before which cost about 20. Very disappointed. For this price I would expect it to be high quality. The picture isn't even that great. It does have some good aspects- its flexible and can sit easily on your computer but I'm not impressed at all!

Logitech Quickcam Fusion