5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate lock at a great price
Nice and sturdy lock at an excellent price; probably of the two best you can find.
However, the dimensions aas specified in the section ''Product Details'' (33.3 x 17.3 x 4.8 cm ; 2.1 Kg) are wrong, a least regarding the total length and width.
The real dimensions are:
Outside/Inside width: ~ 14/10 cm
Outside Inside Length: ~ 33/26 cm
Total weight...
Published 20 months ago by Reivax

3.0 out of 5 stars HUGE! Way too big for road bike.
There is nothing wrong with the quality or security of this lock. But beware! It is far too large to be mounted on my road bike in ANY position (unless you want to mount it but not be able to remove & use it). If in doubt, buy the mini version instead.
Published on 28 Jun 2012 by Georgie Pillson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars heavy weight, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Kryptonite New York M18 Lock (Sports)
you have to question modern life when you have to carry around such a teutonic lock to protect and give peace of mind to what you have worked so hard to buy and cherish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing but beware - it's huge and heavy, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: Kryptonite New York M18 Lock (Sports)
I bought this not realising how big it is thinking that I could bring it with me on my daily trips to the city. Unless you've a super strong backpack and back - this is not something you can do! I still rate it 5 stars because it is an amazing lock. I've made it my work lock and leave it at my bike stand there so I don't have to bring it with me every day. I'd definitely recommend the smaller Kryptonite lock for daily city commuting/parking. The light on the key is an added bonus for those dark evenings if you've no lights around where the bike is parked!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and heavy, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: Kryptonite New York M18 Lock (Sports)
Very well built and seems very resistant. The key turns inside very easily - sometimes it is not very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy with my purchase, 2 April 2012
This review is from: Kryptonite New York M18 Lock (Sports)
Quick delivery. Very heavy lock if you want to carry it around but strong and safe. I bought it in order to keep my bike outside the flat (on the 3rd floor, but still accessible to everyone), I have been using it for over a month now, and so far have not had any problems and no attempts to get the lock broken.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kryptonite New York M18 Lock, 30 Nov 2011
Chris R (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kryptonite New York M18 Lock (Sports)
Since purchasing a new bike costing 1300 I figured I'd need a more sturdy lock to go with my other D-lock I already own. The lock itself is very heavy, weighing about 2.5kg but as I keep it in my rucksack this doesn't bother me too much. If you do own an expensive bike that is light I would not reccommend attaching this beast to your frame as it will almost double the weight!
You get three keys with it which is handy, some have mentioned they're quite flimsy which I can see but if you're careful this shouldn't be too much of an issue. One thing I do like about it, is that it is an excellent detterant due to it's size and bulkyness and also the whole outside of the lock is covered in a rubber outer layer which really helps to ensure you don't chip the paint off your bike when attaching it in awkward angles.

I would reccommend this lock but due to it's shear weight I have knocked off a star. But I suppose this is something you have to accept to have piece of mind.

2.0 out of 5 stars lock, 1 Sep 2011
This review is from: Kryptonite New York M18 Lock (Sports)
This lock was sold to me as new not used but sorry to say that it had been used as the rubber cassing had split on the radius .
I tried to contact the sale shop but with no joy and also noticed it said on the invoice that i had 2 days to get in touch with them as once again had no joy.

Mr robalex21