5.0 out of 5 stars Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it
Published on 15 Jan 2006 by Bluesuit

3.0 out of 5 stars Marketing gimmick , avoid
Published on 4 Aug 2008 by L. Raisanen

5.0 out of 5 stars Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it, 15 Jan 2006
The years of waiting for the Sein DVDs have been well worth it. All the DVD releases so far have included tons of extra stuff that any Seinfeld fan will enjoy enormously and a lot of thought has obviously gone into the production of them. The commentary on the episodes is fascinating to hear especially when actual cast members are doing them. For me, seasons 5 & 6 provided some of the best Seinfeld moments with episodes that you can watch over and over again that will guarantee a laugh every time. "The Puffy Shirt", "The Hamptons", "The Opposite", "The Jimmy" and "The Big Salad" are just a few of the classics that are on this box set. Watching them now it's funny to think that they were made over ten years ago. With the exception of perhaps 'The Office' and Seinfeld co-creator Larry David's "Curb you enthusiasm", nothing has come close to the marvel that is Seinfeld.

5.0 out of 5 stars Uneasy living, easy viewing, 3 Sep 2009
Pismotality (London, England) - See all my reviews
For those in the know about Season 5, then the mere use of a term like "shrinkage" (The Hamptons, Episode 21) or the phrase "the sea was angry that day, my friend" when George pretends to be a marine biologist (episode 13) will be enough to induce helpless laughter, but for those new to Seinfeld all you need to know is that this is sitcom of the very highest order from a time when all those involved knew what they were doing. Watch and learn.

My favourite moment? Episode 18 (The Fire) when George, fearing a conflagration at a kids' party, pushes little children out the way to escape. A fireman later asks him: "How do you live with yourself? " to which he replies: "It's not easy."

Episodes of Season 6 I'd recommend: The Doorman (18); The Chaperone (1), with an explicit nod to Laurel and Hardy; The Fusilli Jerry, wherein "Elaine's new boyfriend uses one of Jerry's sexual moves" (21). Have to admit, however, that I am fonder overall of the previous series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kramer, 7 Feb 2014
Really funny Kramer is great All very funny show altogether George is a good character and really comes across as a great comedian

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 14 Mar 2009
R. W. Haro (Epsom, Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a must for every serious Seinfeld fan, this boxset contains some of the classical episodes that made him famous. The discs contain some deleted scenes that I personally found interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 7 Feb 2006
Seinfeld is back on DVD, with two great seasons. Theres over 40 episodes here and some great extra features. Seinfeld gets better as the seasons go on and this is no exception.
Essential viewing for comedy fans.

3.0 out of 5 stars Marketing gimmick , avoid, 4 Aug 2008
L. Raisanen (Vandelay Industries, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seinfeld - 5 & 6 (Gift Set) [DVD] (DVD)
I love the Seinfeld series. Series five, in particular, is one of my favourites. Thus, I strongly recommend buying series 5 and 6 if you don't yet have them...but save yourself the £10 extra pounds they are charging for this 'gift set'..over and above the non-gift set series 5 & 6 on this same website! I have this 'gift set' and the puffy shirt is in a cheap plastic display case and looks pretty ridiculous. I've already thrown mine away to make room for a better looking book-end. Series 5 & 6 are a five star item...two stars are deducted for the fact they are charging £10 for a useless 'gift set'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Oct 2014
Very pleased with item

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Seinfeld, 8 Feb 2006
By A Customer
i have ordered all 6 seasons from Amazon and would like to say that the service is next to none. I didn't get to see the series when they were on the BBC as the times were inconsistent and on very late. Now i have them on DVD and watch them all the time!! whenever i have a spare moment, it's a Seinfeld moment. My husband hates american comedy's but has become totally hooked!!!!! My only hate is time between each release!!! it's driving me crazy waiting!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money!, 3 Jan 2006
R. K. Harvey "harvey_rebecca" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seinfeld - 5 & 6 (Gift Set) [DVD] (DVD)
I love Seinfeld and this gift box set is perfect for fans of the show, a little expensive but definately worth the money for the episodes alone, and the extras which are well worth watching too. Plus you get a script and a brillaint little puffy shirt!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not nearly as good as previous seasons, 29 Mar 2006
I think, like most British viewers, I did not catch the Seinfeld craze until long after they finished showing in the States. As a result, all that I had ever seen before I started watching the DVDs was Season 9, which is an excellent and very funny collection of episodes. I've been getting the Seinfeld DVDs as they have been released, basically watching the episodes for the first time.
Seinfeld changes as the seasons go on, and, from the perspective of someone who has only seen up to season 6, and as a result of this box set, I must say that it gets *worse* and not better. The best episodes I've seen are in seasons 3 and the first half of season 4. These really are hilarious, and worth watching again and again. However, it was with some disappointment that, when I sat down to watch season 5, I just wasn't laughing as much any more. They seem to be repeating themselves a bit, and it has the slightly "pally" feeling of a sitcom, a feeling which Seinfeld had, until now, successfully veered away from.
Ok, there are the occassional very funny moments - Kramer cavorting with an effigy of Elaine comes to mind - but it seems that its lost that special sparkle, at least in my heart. Let's hope Seasons 7 and 8 rekindle my affection for what has, until this disappointing box set, been my favourite TV show.

Seinfeld -  5 & 6 (Gift Set)  [DVD]
Seinfeld - 5 & 6 (Gift Set) [DVD] by Jerry Seinfeld (DVD - 2005)