1.0 out of 5 stars Burning Problems!, 7 Feb 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Ulead CD & DVD Pictureshow 4 (CD-ROM)
A good, easy to use package, but this software has serious DVD burning problems. After countless burn failures I visited the Technical Support section on the manufacturers website, where they are well aware of the problem. I was given a patch to download to solve the problem - Sadly it still didn’t work for me.
This program is unstable and I am looking for an alternative package.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Software, 18 May 2006
Mr. J. Poyner "John Poyner" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ulead CD & DVD Pictureshow 4 (CD-ROM)
I wish I had read the reviews on Amazon before my purchase, takes an age to burn DVD, comparison spec betweem Pictureshow 4 & 5 (to establish most suitable product) tickboxs clearly state that you can add 'multiple audio tracks to slideshow' - you cant - have been unable to get refund from them, non existant aftersales service, a shame, will be reluctant to use ulead again

1.0 out of 5 stars U lead lide show, 14 Feb 2006
Desperately slow.
It took one and a half hours to burn a CD, which runs intermittently or not at all.
To scroll through a hundred slide presentation makes you lose the will to live.
Save your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crash-prone and exasperating, 7 Jan 2007
Mr. G. Matthews (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ulead CD & DVD Pictureshow 4 (CD-ROM)
Despite 1.5GB Ram 3GHz and nearly 30Gb free, it has taken me three months to finish three slideshows. And I am retired and can devote whole days to this. Crash after crash. In Audio and Video Effects View, I found it necessary to exit back up through the menu and Save my file AFTER EVERY SINGLE EDIT, otherwise the program crashed. And I had to pause after every keystroke, watching the hard disk activity light, before I dare enter another keystroke. If you follow Ulead's advice and slim down your file by eliminating their cheesy motion options, you find that all your slide-joins have been deleted too, and there is no hint of that. That throws all your careful soundtrack timings wrong, and you have to correct them individually by the the one-key-then Save method. It feels like walking on eggshells, all the time you are using this software, waiting for yet another reboot. Perhaps it was intended for tiny slideshows of maybe 20 slides, or maybe they wrote it when the best cameras were 1 Megapixel. And the possibility that a user might want to play one piece of music for a couple of slides, but then change to another piece for the next few, has clearly not occurred to them. That is as charitable as I can be. As it is you have to edit your music outside on another program, with a stopwatch. If you change one slide duration, ANYWHERE in your slideshow, you have to start all over again.

I intended to buy Roxio 9 next, but the reviews here on Amazon are as dicouraging as this one. Sony does not appear to deal with still slideshows plus music plus narration. There is a market here for the post-Ipod generation who want to order their lifetime of snaps not into albums, but into slideshows. And Ulead seem to have recognised this, but produced a botched effort, and then forgotten it - there is not a single patch or upgrade on their site for download. If anyone knows a piece of software which achieves this, and is stable and free of howlers, please, please let me know.

1.0 out of 5 stars Get run over by a bus rather than buy this product!, 20 Nov 2007
Marky Mark (Droitwich, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ulead CD & DVD Pictureshow 4 (CD-ROM)
Unless paying to have pain inflicted appeals, give this useless programme a wide berth. I had used version 2 perfectly happily and decided to upgrade as version 4 was being offered relatively cheaply. For my money I now have a programme that crashes every time I try and burn a DVD. As I purchased it as a download I don't even get to use the CD as a drinks matt. Looking at Uleads forums, this has been a known issue for months and rather than fix it they expect you to delve around the registry instead. For non-techno geeks, I just want the software I paid for to work. Do not touch this with a barge-pole. You have been warned!

Ulead CD & DVD Pictureshow 4
Ulead CD & DVD Pictureshow 4 by Ulead (Windows 2000 / 98 / Me / XP)
Out of stock