4.0 out of 5 stars Super!...Smashing!...Great!....ish!
You can't beat a bit of Bully!....well.....this is a good attempt at it anyway. It's got all the rounds of the TV show...where in teams of two you battle for the Bully's Star Prize....or you can play normal 301 darts.
Published on 5 Dec 2005 by Reedi

3.0 out of 5 stars Its a Bullseye
Published on 22 Dec 2005 by bambibabe29

4.0 out of 5 stars Super!...Smashing!...Great!....ish!, 5 Dec 2005
This review is from: Upstarts - Bullseye DVD (Toy)
Now the down sides....it's got the games...but sadly not Jim Bowen or Tony Green. Instead there's some guy who trys to sound like Jim doing the voiceovers...which is OK, but it's just not Jim!
You throw the darts by pressing the Enter button on your DVD remote, first when a blue wedge shape (which to me seems too thick) that spins around the board reaches your required number section on the board, then again when the circle moves from the outer board to the bullseye....then the dart is thrown.
This makes it more of a game of luck rather than much of skill as its down to the timing of the press. There is a DVD configuration option in the menu but I found that if I used the recommend setting, the darts didnt go where I wanted them to, so I chose my own setting and it seemed better.
The prizes are all cartoon style drawings which is a shame...half the fun of the show was seeing such 'cool' prizes up for grabs like the digital radio cassette player...oooooooo!
In the end Id say it's good for a bit of family fun....and should bring back some memories.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its a Bullseye, 22 Dec 2005
This review is from: Upstarts - Bullseye DVD (Toy)
Well, I think my expectations must have been way too high when I purchased this game. I did wonder how you would throw darts at the TV without smashing it but thought I would give it a go. The idea is good but the loading is a joke. It takes just as long to programme the damn thing as it is to play it. You throw the darts with your remote but the delay in releasing when your dart when you press the button is beyond annoying. It takes as long to play the game as it did watching the programme on a Sunday evening. I'm not pleased I bought it but like I said earlier, my expectations WERE very high.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Fun!!!, 15 Jun 2006
C. Tucker (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Upstarts - Bullseye DVD (Toy)
This game is far more fun when played through the Xbox\Playstation 2. It is so much quicker, you don't have to wait at all. I really love playing this game now especially with all the family. I would never play it on a normal DVD player again though, it was so slow it was impossible to sit there for that long!

1.0 out of 5 stars Full Of Bull, 3 Jan 2006
This review is from: Upstarts - Bullseye DVD (Toy)
What a shame! Potentially a good family game but.... oh my god it's just terrible. I hated everything about it. I felt embarrassed playing this game with my family.
It's sooooooo slow, between each round it takes a decade to state the scores. The dart aiming is pretty much random and when you stop to aim, it lands on a completely different number!!
The questions are too hard for the kids. Killing the family entertainment value.
The prizes are illustrated poorly and all humour is drained away from the game.
There is no excitement in this game what so ever.
The one thing that goes in it's favour is it's not too expensive. But trust me you will only play this game once and it will never be played again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been alot better!, 5 Jan 2006
This review is from: Upstarts - Bullseye DVD (Toy)
It seems as though too little effort has gone into the creation of this game. It takes an age to get from one go to the next because of all the loading and constant score updates. The dart aiming (using the enter key on the DVD remote) is really frustrating as it is easy to stop the 'aim' lines where you want them but the dart goes lands anywhere but there. It would be better if it involved more skill than luck, i.e. the blue 'aim' lines moving alot quicker, and the relative dart position being more accurate. The game is ok for a laugh with friends but it is unlikely most people would play it more than once.
Hopefully there'll be a 'Bullseye 2' released where the makers put alot more effort in.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bullseye, 7 Feb 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Upstarts - Bullseye DVD (Toy)
A great game on TV but a pretty awful DVD game.
The darts went everywhere, so i had to change the settings.
The prizes are awful, an ironing board? hardly family entertainment!
I bought this for my a family member who seemed to enjoy it, but i didn't.
It takes ages to load and isnt a game i would ever play again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Game review, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Upstarts - Bullseye DVD (Toy)
When our daughter asked for this she was thinking of when I applied to go on the this wonderful game show

ARRAY(0xa82ea2e8)