5.0 out of 5 stars Melodic death metal at its very best...
I bought this album on the basis of a good review and hearing a couple of Arch Enemey's songs. It hasn't left my CD player since - it's incredible. I haven't heard such good guitar playing in a modern band before, and the melodic riffs are mixed with growling, angry death metal vocals, and some catchy lyrics.
The album opens with the first of two impressive...
Published on 13 Sep 2005 by D. J. Marriott

3.0 out of 5 stars not what we deserve from arch enemy
ah,the expectation of a new album,the excitement when the release date is known and the joyous march to the music store with cash in hand and hope in heart,nothing better?wouldnt you agree?,well with doomsday machine i was literally dancing to the shop,got home,first few songs were pretty decent,i punched the air,i was happy,next few songs,a bit bland if im honest but a...
Published on 23 Feb 2006 by sean paul mccann

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Aug 2014
Great

5.0 out of 5 stars Swedish Apocalypse, 29 Aug 2005
By A Customer
The brothers Ammott return in fine guitar shredding form with what should be their British breakthrough CD. Vocal duties by Angela Gossow have been taken up a notch from the previous Anthems of Rebellion CD. Definitely not for the faint of heart the Ltd edition comes with a 3 track DVD comprising of the Nemesis video and 2 taster live tracks for the forthcoming DVD.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring sludgy pop-metal mess. Shocking given previous CDs, 13 Feb 2006
T. Carne "Techie wage-slave" (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doomsday Machine (Audio CD)
Let me get something straight before I lay in to this heap of garbage. I loved Arch Enemy before Doomsday Machine hit. If they pull another Wages of Sin out of their hat after it, I'll probably love them again. But I HATE Doomsday Machine.
Gone are the rapidly trading double leads, gone is the adrenaline-coated rush of speed that came with earlier CDs, and in it's place is a mid-pace, over-simplified exercise in Metal by numbers. It's disturbing that a band with such a pedigree (I mean come on, members of Carcass, Carnage and Witchery here! What GIVES!)should decide to bow down to genre stereotypes this late in their career. I'd rather listen to Trivium than the Doomsday Machine, and that's saying something, as I can only really deal with two minutes of Trivium before taking a claw hammer to my eardrums.
There's really only one reason to own this CD, and that's the track Nemesis, which is pure old-school Arch Enemy, and almost enough to justify the asking price, but the rest of the CD is completely faceless, and above all else, plain dull.
I never thought I'd say it, but Arch Enemy have become boring, and if the wave of 14 yr old kids in Bullet for my Valentine shirts they were playing to last time I saw them play live is anything to go by, they won't be changing back up for a long time. It's a damn shame. Back to my At The Gates CDs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Listen!, 17 Dec 2005
This review is from: Doomsday Machine (Audio CD)
This is easily one of the best albums released recently. While it may not be able to match its older siblings it is still none the less an excellent album and perhaps a better introduction to the the world of Arch Enemy being slightly softer. That is if your not a hardcore fanatic by this time.
I have not met anyone (with decent taste) who has not listened to and loved the combination of hard double guitar riffs, melodic solos and brilliant drums. Although some are sceptical about the singer do not let this put you off! These guys, and one girl, are going to be huge! So jump on the band wagon before it collects too many passengers who just tag along

Doomsday Machine
Doomsday Machine by Arch Enemy (Audio CD - 2006)