Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 October 2005
Aled has sharpened up his image but lost none of his style. This album is silky smooth, deeply relaxing and a good mix of religious and classic greats that make it easy listening wherever you are.
on 1 January 2006
This latest album from Aled is a lovely selection of songs, I particularly enjoyed his duet with Bryn Terfel in Panis Angelicus; their very different voices blend beautifully together and Howard Goodall's new arrangement of Agnus Dei which I find to be very immotive. Although to me Aled's voice doesn't have the excitement or passion of Jon Christos in his debut album Northern Light, I do find like Jon his singing and music is honest and New Horizons covers a journey and blend of lovely well sung songs from this well established artist and I would recommend this album to anyone to add to their collection of relaxing music.
on 23 January 2006
New Horizons is utterly breathtaking, as Aled's velvety-smooth voice once again exhilirates, calms, inspires and moves one to tears. Aled's albums always have a special something... his deep passion for music glows from every song. This album is a stunning collection of music which showcases his extraordinary talent as he flows effortlessly, not only between a variety of styles, but also linguistically through his native Welsh, plus Italian, French, Latin and of course English.
Every song is a delight, with some notable treasures. I can't help but be moved by the hauntingly beautiful "Agnus Dei" which was specially written for him (and is so perfect for his voice), the gentle, melodic "Caro Mio Ben", his goosebumpy rendition of "Edelweiss", his ever-so-romantic "Stranger in Paradise" , the lovely "I Found A Dream" and the soul-stirring Welsh National Anthem, "Mae hen wlad fy Nhadau".
New Horizons is the jewel in the crown of Aled's magnificent albums.
on 1 February 2006
Having been a fan of the choirboy Aled's recordings, I had enjoyed his transition to adulthood with 'Aled' and 'Higher'. Therefore it was with pleasurable anticipation that I sat down to listen to 'New Horizons'.
By the middle of the first track I was perplexed and after sitting through the whole cd my reaction was one of disappointment and concern. It wasn't a patch on the other two, something was missing and it was only after some thought that I could put my finger on it.
Aled sings throughout the whole cd with very minimal backing and good as his voice is, the whole effect of the previous recordings is missing. Where were Libera and the wonderful orchestra giving the volume, impact and pathos which I had come to expect. The full, rich tapestry of music which complemented Aled's voice so well was significant in its absence and it mattered. The impact was huge.
So, Aled, if this is your 'New Horizon', let me get off here, the journey's not for me...
on 26 December 2013
Lovely CD Aled has a lovely choice of music on this CD I have really enjoyed listening to it. Thank You
on 13 May 2014
Now this is a voice I love. Good mix of music some new to me. I really love it and play this a lot.
on 1 November 2014
I often play this cd when I need some wind down time - it's so relaxing!
on 4 August 2014
I love Aled Jones music. So if you like Aled Jones you will like this!!!
on 9 January 2016
Really good CD from Aled Jones.
on 25 January 2015