Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 September 2009
Bought this after I heard it in a store and liked one song of it. As I listened to the rest, it was a lot better than I thought even though I havent listened to it much. Deserves time and attention, good CD
on 9 March 2016
Simply put....awesome
on 1 September 2014
This album is considered one of the best albums that Lacuna coil have ever done. Which might very well be the reason that this remastered Deluxe Edition has come out.

The songs are really well crafted and mixed, which you hear on the tracks Swamped and Heaven's a lie. Also the Voices of Cristina Scabbia and Andrea Ferro really do compliment each other and this is definatly delivered in a way that has not been head before this album.

In this deluxe edition you get a second disc with acustic version of some of the more popular tracks from the album as well as live versions and radio edits.

All in all this is a must buy for all Lacuna Coil fans.
on 15 August 2015
Incredible album
on 10 October 2015
nothing special
on 6 July 2003
Any fans of Evanscence are well advised to check this out, because it'll show them where they stole their 'unique' sound from - it was this Italian band who did it first, and they did it better too. Comalies, which definately contains some of Lacuna Coil's best songs, is a stunning effort. The two vocalists (the sultry Cristina Scabbia, who has a voice like silk, and a guy with a singing voice that bizzarely sounds more American than Italian) have sex appeal in abundance - something that is sorely lacking from metal today. The music is strong and provides a great backdrop to the vocals, although the band are less technically gifted than, say, Nevermore.
I only gave the album 4 because 2 or 3 tracks let the side down, and some judicious editing would have served it well. I also feel that the best is yet to come from this band, and they would do well to incorporate more progressive elements next time, since this album can ocassionally seem too normal when compared other gothic metal acts like Nightwish.
And don't be fooled by the song names - Angel's Punishment and Your Heaven's A Lie have nothing to do with religion! Comalies is also in Italian, which ends the album on a nice touch.
on 14 June 2009
I had never heard Lacuna Coil before reading the reviews on Amazon and was interested to say the least about a rock band that was hailed very highly. I totally agree with all that was said. If their other albums are of this quality I will be very happy. (Did I mention I will now be collecting them all ?)
on 25 January 2010
...All these years without hearing LC perform, and now I can't get enough of 'em.
I bought this album after starting off on a steady diet of Evanescence, hunting for another band to satisfy my hunger for more of the same. Unfair, I know; no one gets close.
Lacuna Coil, however, have become my second fave band and up there in the stratosphere, passing around the Ambrosia with the other rock gods.
Although, obviously, they're not dead yet.
I digress.
I won't go into a track by track review, since that's been done. What I will say is that if you're looking for something to feed the rock vampire within you, get this one. I haven't sampled their other albums yet, but so far I'm well chuffed.
This is an album worth repeated listenings, and my appreciation has not dwindled.
I also bought a Fender strat from Argos, and my first album has been snapped up by Simon Cowell. Not bad for someone who's never played before. There have been various other mystical phenomena that have manifested, but since these relate to my groupies and legendary sexual performance, I will not elaborate further. I have also been hired to play for the Pope's birthday bash next year. Well, as long as he doesn't get pissed and start throwing beer cans (again).
Buy this album.
Do, do, do.
Go on, go on, go on.
Seriously frothy (man).
on 29 July 2004
Great album but the 2nd disk is a let down.
on 18 February 2012
This album is bland, repetitive and without any decent tracks. Each song seems to last just slightly too long and the writing is extremely simplistic. I'd suggest staying away and spending your money elsewhere instead.