4.0 out of 5 stars What a Godsend!
Published on 3 Mar 2007 by Mrs. L. M. Larkman

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy if you want to make bread dough with it!
Published on 20 Feb 2012 by Anonymous

4.0 out of 5 stars What a Godsend!, 3 Mar 2007
Mrs. L. M. Larkman "Larks" (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood FP920 3 Litre Multi Pro Food Processor, 1 kW - Brushed Stainless Steel (Kitchen & Home)
I am delighted to write that the FP920 is now my best friend in my kitchen (apart from my Aga). The FP920 has taken all the hard preparation work out of cooking. I actually look forward to cooking meals, as I know it will only take a few minutes to prepare. The cutters and shredders work well when slicing all manner of vegetables and for grating cheddar cheese. The cutting blade is excellent for chopping up onions (no streaming tears anymore)and I include the garlic when chopping up onions because I hate cleaning out my garlic press after use. The only disappointment is the julienne disc in which I found that the french fries were too small. In my opinion, this disc is suitable for julienne vegetables but not the potato.

The main cutting blade also makes light work of cake making; takes no time to rustle up small cakes and scones and the cutter is also excellent for chopped vegetables. I also found the smaller bowl to be useful for smaller amounts.

I have used the grinder to chop nuts, dates and grind coffee beans. All were satisfactory. The coffee beans can be ground from coarse to fine depending on your preference. All of the equipment I have used so far has been excellent in its use as a kitchen aid, though I have not used the citrus press as yet.

I do agree with the lady who said you have to ensure the mixing bowl is in place before the machine starts up. I also spent about 10 minutes in which I thought I would have to return the item as faulty, before realising that I had not clicked the bowl into position. The spindle was a bit of a nuisance initially as it is not fixed. You have to take care when removing the bowl so as to control the spindle's movement.

The blender is excellent for soups, drinks and breadcrumbs. I liked the glass jug as it is so easy to wash, in fact all of the equipment is easy to wash - quicker than putting the bowl, etc in the dishwasher.

The FP920 is easy to use and looks handsome in the kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Kitchen Toy that Works, 13 Feb 2007
Jennifer M. Kepler (Veerle, Belgium) - See all my reviews
I bought the Kenwood FP920 after much searching for a replacement for my previous Blender/ Food Processor that I had killed while making a milkshake with Daim hard toffee bits. This one lives up to the task, not only does it make really good milk shakes and my morning smoothie, but i have made soups, salsas, marinades,the slicing discs really slices evenly, and the cheese grater is great! The citrus juicer works better than machine dedicated to this, but the centrifuge juicer is only a bonus, not that functional. Other great options are the smaller chopper and smaller blender bowls, especially nice for when you are making a lot of different dishes for parties. I find the wire wisks for the mixing option handy for whipping cream, but for cake batterI prefer my KitchenAid standmixer. The storage carosel only stores about 1/4 to 1/3 of the parts, so I have a box in a cupboard dedicated to storing parts that I use less frequently. If you want a good food processor and blender (liquidiser) combo this is for you, if you are more interested in a juicer or cake mixer, perhaps look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who said cake making isn't easy., 15 Dec 2008
I am a 64 year old male who had never made a cake, scone or biscuit in his life. I bought a Kenwood 920 food processor because the one that my wife was currently using was getting past it's best. Since taking delivery of our Kenwood I have made scones, biscuits and cakes amongst other things without any problem despite others telling me how difficult it was to make a cake successfully. Them tasks which can be undertaken with this machine and its gadgets are phenominal and i've only used half of them, and unfortunately my wife cannot get a look in. I am not a great user of kitchen electrical components as their uses are greatly over exagerated and time consuming, but this machine is somewhat different. Got to go now my christmas cake need taking out of the oven.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bowl Capacity, 28 Nov 2012
This food processor has only a 1.5 litre working capacity bowl. Amazon are mis-selling the product by calling it 3 litres.
Double checked on the kenwoods site to make sure.

Capacity - blender:1.5 litres Glass
Working bowl dry capacity :1.5kg
Working bowl liquid capacity :1.5 litres

Kenwood FP920 3 Litre Multi Pro Food Processor, 1 kW, Brushed Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars I've used a lot and this one is good!, 23 Feb 2007
I got this food processor just before Christmas 2006 and I've used it a lot now. The smaller bowl which fits inside the larger main bowl is really useful for smaller quantities. There's an even smaller container for nuts and herbs and whatever you think it would do. It's supposed to be a coffee grinder too (although I haven't used that yet, but it says you can in the instructions). I expect the consistency of the blend is determined by how long you use the machine). It is really good though because it just clips onto the main part of the machine (without the spindle). Operation is two main ways. The ordinary dial which varies the blending speed, giving great control (a real boon for cooking) and if you turn the dial the opposite way, it becomes a pulse mode, thereby giving even more control. On mine the pulse didn't work with the mixer/beater type attachments but it does with the others so I think that's meant. There's a lot of attachments but once you figure out which ones will have more priority over others things seem to look better. Don't worry if the machine initially doesn't start, because most of the time it's only because of the safety features that won't allow the blades to begin whizzing until everything is locked into place, THE RIGHT WAY. It took me ten minutes to get it started and at first I thought it was faulty but a bit of figuring and things couldn't be better, so remember that before you start losing it and cursing the day you got rid of the box!!!

The spindle which fits onto the main unit is made to come off (presumably in case you snapped it off by accident) so don't ever lose that. The main bowl fits onto that - clip the lid onto place following the safety instructions and it'll be OK.

Cleaning isn't really any bother - a rinse out and just leave to dry.

There's a simple revolving attachment which becomes a citrus press and it's easy to fit and use. I use it most mornings now for freshly squeezed orange. There's another attachment for juicing veg or fruit but I never use it. I've got a catering grade juicer that does me but it could come in handy. A recipe book is included (albeit a small one); two main cutting blades of slightly different sizes (one when you use the large bowl and one for the smaller bowl) ; a plastic spatula; a dough blade; two whisk blades and a glass liquidizer as well as the four main slicing inserts. Remember the glass liquidizer is only for the 920 and the 910 has a plastic one. A bowl to keep them in is provided. It couldn't be used as a bowl because of the holes in the bottom but it's good to have to keep all the pieces in. The cord at the back has a nice feature in that it retracts into the machine itself so that there's not too much wire lying out.

Aesthetically, it's a nice looking machine in brushed silver and looks the part just sitting on a worktop. I really would recommend this. I cook a lot and it's always best to leave the item you would use out on the worktop. I really do feel this is a brilliant machine and I think I'd be quite hard pushed to try anything else now although I'm sure there are equally as good ones out there. It all comes down to what you would use it for and if you feel that you would use it a lot then it seems like it's a safe bet that this item would be good. Hope this helps a bit!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely new toy!, 28 Jan 2007
Mrs. W. G. Coxeter (Hawkhurst, Kent UK) - See all my reviews
I have just replaced 2 of the old style Kenwoods with this machine. It's mega and has revitalised my cooking. I've only had it 3 days but I have already made coleslaw, a cake, smoothies, a potato gratin thing, and guacamole. I also centrifugally juiced a bunch of grapes which produced roughly a glass of juice but the spinner thing bounced a bit and so the tip is not to push your luck with the capacity. There is a lot of washing up because I'm a bit worried that although it's dishwasher safe it'll end up all scratched and as I haven't made a hood for it yet it might look a bit tatty! The storage carosel doesn't store all the bits so I have half a cupboard dedicated to the other parts so althought the footprint of the machine is neat on the worktop you'll need space for a good box of other pieces if you plan on using it freqently as I do. The plastic is thick but I suspect it won't bounce! Kenwood spares can be quite pricey so I'm going to take it easy.

I too query the price which is now a whopping 153! I paid 99 through Amazon, saving 20 by not buying it in white. I used Kelkoo and pricerunner to search for the best and kelkoo were 50 cheaper through Amazon but now the machine is 53 more expensive..Pays to shop around through more than one shopping robot. Martin Lewis the money saving expert on radio 2 always says this. Anyway for ordinary domestic stuff I'm finding the 1000 watt, 3 litre and 1.5 litre capacity just fine. Good luck with your purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy if you want to make bread dough with it!, 20 Feb 2012
The main reason why we wanted to buy a powerfull 1kw foodprocessor was for making bread dough etc. It does come with a dough hook, however it is just not fit for purpose! On several occasions, the dough got "sucked" into the inside of the doughhook, onto the spindel, all the way to the base of the food processor! It resulted in an absolute mess! In addition, in contrast to what some of the reviews above say, it does not come with a citrus press anymore!

In summary, this food processor is mainly for cutting vegetables, not for "more advanced applications". If you would like to use it for making bread dough etc, invest in something more decent! If you are mainly planning on using it to cut vegetables, then a simpler/cheaper model will do the trick as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 8 Feb 2009
Gordon Ramsey "The F-Word" (Watford, Hertfordshire, uk) - See all my reviews
The multitude of pieces you receive with this product can be a might daunting.
Having said that, I have yet to find a task it can't deal with. The construction of the
unit is of a solid design, easy to clean and seems dishwasher proof.
Having had a number of single blenders etc in the past I would really recommend
this all in one product to any cook.
My only complaint would be I find the whisk attachment a bit whimpy, but again overall
an excellent machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect kitchen gadget, 21 Jun 2007
Looks good in the kitchen. Very easy to use. Lots of gadgets which seem to all get packed away for storage. I use this machine every day. Absolutely love it. Though beware of sharp cutting blades. Whilst drying up ready for first use, blade cut thro tea towel and ended up with cut thumb.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice bowls, discs etc - shame about the lids, 4 Feb 2009
I bought the FP920 from Amazon in November 2008.

When I received it I thought it a great package - apart from the lid to the main bowl which was a very tight fit, requiring the bowl to be distorted in order to engage. I suspected a faulty lid as the bowl fitted perfectly the lid to the juicer. But Kenwood telephone support said that they loosened with use so I proceeded. After a few uses however it became impossible. My partner could not even get the lid on. Far from loosening with use, the lid and bowl were roughening, requiring ever more torque to engage the lid fully. So I asked Amazon for a replacement.

Impeccable service from Amazon collected the old one and delivered the new.

But that had the same problem. So this time I pressed Kenwood harder over the phone and sent photos towards the end of November which showed the way the lid failed to engage with the safety interlock in the bowl unless the bowl was distorted by twisting the handle very hard. They said that this was not a fault they had met before but that they would sent a new bowl and lid.

Kenwood did not send the bowl and lid until after Christmas - which was frustrating as I had bought the processor to use over the holidays.

Worse, the bowl and lid from Kenwood had exactly the same problem. And when I sent Kenwood photos of this they replied with a totally spurious comment about customers often having problems understanding the safety interlock, as if they had never heard from me.

So it went back to Amazon again for a refund - which to their credit was dealt with promptly.

I doubt very much I was misunderstanding the problem because I measured the 3 bowls, the 3 main lids and the 2 juicer lids. The "key" in the 3 main lids simply could not fit into the slots in the bowls to operate the safety interlock without the bowls being flexed several millimetres.

It may of course be that I was unlucky and got 3 out of a very small batch of irregular lids.

But I offer this review to encourage anyone who receives a tight fitting lid to look very closely before assuming that it will "loosen with wear".