5.0 out of 5 stars Continuing a increasingly high standard
Published on 3 Nov. 2005 by Mrs. J. H. Griffith

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably annoying.
My goodness, what's this? Could it be that it's the sound of yet another high-speed NME train to nowhere going off the tracks within two years of setting out?
Published on 1 Nov. 2005 by dumpster359

5.0 out of 5 stars Continuing a increasingly high standard, 3 Nov. 2005
This review is from: Do You Want To [CD 1] (Audio CD)
So when Franz Ferdinand released a new single so soon after their first album. I was a little apprehensive. Now I can't get enough. The first time I heard it though, I thought the song was a little plain, and after one minute the song just got a little repetitive. After a few more listenings I don't care if I was right or not, the Doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo-doo, Well Do you, do you, do you want to go where I never let you before is brilliant all on it's own. That doesn't even include the trememdous intro and the extremely catchy and get-up-and-dance-to middle eight.
WELL DONE AGAIN, keep 'em coming. (all the reviewers who don't approve of this song are wrong, I bet they listen to a few minutes and decide it's crap, and not it give it a chance) CARRY ON FF!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Matinee, 1 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Do You Want To [CD 1] (Audio CD)
In June 05 I first heard Franz Ferdinands new single, after hering the live version from Einslive I was slighty dissapointed. But after playing the track many times it started growing on Me. A shaky start leads to an awesome chorus. Not as good as take me out but it will ensure the group their fist UK No1

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Matinee, 1 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Do You Want To [CD 1] (Audio CD)
In June 05 I first heard Franz Ferdinands new single, "do you want to" on Franzferdinand.org where you can listen for free. After hearing the live version from Einslive I was slighty dissapointed. But after playing the track many times it started growing on Me. A shaky start leads to an awesome chorus. Not as good as take me out but it will ensure the group their fist UK No1.

5.0 out of 5 stars DONT BELIEVE THE BAD REVIEWS!, 6 Sept. 2005
A. Hible "Bilo" (Mansfield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Do You Want To [CD 1] (Audio CD)
This song from the ever-brilliant Franz Ferdinand is one of their best yet! Whilst not as good as Take Me Out, this song boasts a stunning chorus which will fill the largest of dance-floors, an instantly likeable track with humerous lyrics... and hopefully a future number one.

5.0 out of 5 stars : ) :) : ) : ) : ), 24 Sept. 2005
James Sharpe - See all my reviews
This review is from: Do You Want To [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Dont listen to the dumbo's above, they clearly havent got a clue what they're going on about. This is a great single: a mad fusion of Sparks, Brian Eno and Marc Bolan. Top of the chart it is destined to go.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably annoying., 1 Nov. 2005
This review is from: Do You Want To [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Look, everyone knows that Franz had some good singles in 2004. They were comparatively oringinal (not saying much) and could put together a catchy tune. They were awful live but, hey, that's not unprecedented amongst quite-good-sort-of bands. But 'Do you Want to'? It's... just... awful. It's terrible. I wouldn't even mind if it was mediocre, or just became annoying after being overplayed, but it's much, much worse than that. From the moment Kapranos' stupid "Lucky lucky, you're so lucky!" lyric hit my ears I knew i was listening to a song that would drive me completely insane.
Now, I was quite looking forward to seeing how Franz stood up to the 'second album' test (used to be 'third album' but bands are so transient these days...) because they are actually OK. But, really, this song is so unbelievably bad that I would dearly love to possess a time machine, just so that I could back to the early 1950s and effect some kind of reactionary anti-counter-culture revolution and prevent the birth of rock n roll, purely so that this song would never be written, and Kapranos could make his living poncing about the West End of Glasgow doing something less irritating.

2.0 out of 5 stars not bad, just not that good, 16 Aug. 2005
TedMaUL (liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Do You Want To [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Having been listening to the song for a few weeks now I have discovered that there just isn't enough depth to this one to keep me interested. It's a catchy pop song and if it was released by a different band then I might give it a better rating but because it stands next to previous FF releases, it pales in comparison. I actually preferred the demo version of this song which had a much heavier edge to it.
Thankfully it is one of the new album's weaker tracks, and I can think of a couple of songs that didnt make the cut which were better than this- namely the sublime 'this is where pop happens' which has future monster hit written all over it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lumpen, 31 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Do You Want To [CD 1] (Audio CD)
One album in and FF sound practically comatose. This is utterly dreadful and should never have been released. If it's a trailer for the new album (and most singles are THE best track), the rest could be quite simply unlistenable. I've suspected for sometime that FF are all media hype with no substance whatsoever. My suspicions are confirmed with this dire offering.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yet Again!!, 20 Aug. 2005
Mr. K. M. SYMONS D'SOUZA (berkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Do You Want To [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Franz Ferdinand have really surpassed themselves this time. This is quite frankly the worst song of the year. Even james blunt is better. I mean how rubbish is this song. Its so stupid and not really funny. The ending of the song is the saddest thing in pop ever. Im sure it will do well though, unfortuanetly.

Do You Want To [CD 1]
Do You Want To [CD 1] by Franz Ferdinand (Audio CD - 2005)