5.0 out of 5 stars Strong Sophomore Release
Casting Crowns took the Christian music world by storm with their 2003 debut. Finally they are following up with this second CD. I'm happy to say I like it just as much as the first one.
Published on 4 Oct 2005 by Mark Baker

3.0 out of 5 stars Casting Crowns Lifesong
It is not my type of music, probably someone younger will appreciate it. The group are well thought of though.
Published 11 months ago by artkelly123

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong Sophomore Release, 4 Oct 2005
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lifesong [Australian Import] (Audio CD)
Once again they share the focus among challenging the body of Christ, encouragement, and worship. The title track is a prayer of dedication really, asking that everything we do may be an act of worship to God. This is reinforced well with the final track which gives the reasons that our "Lifesong" should be singing to God.
"Praise You in this Storm" hit my right off the bat. I like the reminder of the verses that God is with us in the storms of life. I just wish my attitude was more like the chorus of praising Him no matter what.
"Does Anybody Hear Her" is another challenge to get out of our comfort zone, look past our prejudices, and help those around us in need.
"Stained Glass Masquerade" tackles the shallowness of many of us who act like we are perfect people when around Christians. It's a trait I recognize too well in my own life and think I need to really take to heart the challenge presented here.
"Love Them like Jesus" is described as a sequel to "Here I Go Again" from their first CD. It reminds us that our job when comforting others is to point them to Jesus, the only person who can truly help.
"Set Me Free" uses a driving beat to retell the story of a demon possessed man Jesus healed.
"While You Were Sleeping" is the only misstep on the album to me. While I agree with the idea that America is far from God with our policies, I think the comparison between Bethlehem and Jerusalem of Jesus' day goes too far.
"Father, Spirit, Jesus" is a wonderful praise chorus.
"In Me" takes the fear of failure and puts it on Jesus since He's the only way we'll do what He tells us to. Once again, the lyrics are great at reminding me how weak I am on my own but that I have straight in Him.
Finally, "Prodigal" is a great ballad of repentance inspired by the famous parable. Is there no limit to the great songs that can come from that story?
One of the things I liked about the first CD was the great lyrics, and they are still front and center here. It's taken a few extra listens to fully appreciate this CD, but I know I'll be listening to it for a long time to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome reality check!, 19 Nov 2005
This review is from: Lifesong [Australian Import] (Audio CD)
The thing I really like about Casting Crowns is that their music is designed to challenge your faith. You can't just simply believe it's ok to just go to church on a Sunday and praise God, your faith is 24/7! This CD and their previous one help you put things into perspective and encourage you to take Jesus to the world around you - prepare to be challenged! I love this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album and with themes, 3 Nov 2006
Iain P (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lifesong [Australian Import] (Audio CD)
Never listened to an album that has a song about demon possession and overcoming it. This album really reflects the struggles that Christian's face in the physical and spiritual realms. The honesty of the music is outstanding and lifesong helps us reflect upon our own lifestory. Everyone who has listened to the album and reflected upon the issues within have praised this effort from Casting Crowns. Please buy this album and enjoy the experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 13 Oct 2005
This review is from: Lifesong [Australian Import] (Audio CD)
Although not as good as their first album, this is still one of the best christian cds around, from some amazing worhsip songs, to those that challenge you. i will be using some of the songs on this cd for drama at my churh, and i am sure it will create a great reaction

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album, 30 Aug 2007
C. Cameron "c.cam108" (EK, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lifesong [Australian Import] (Audio CD)
Wow. Never has an album spoken to me in such a way as this one. From "Lifesong" and "Praise You in This Storm" to "And Now My Lifesong Sings" and everything in between, every inch of your Christian faith is challenged, boosted and re-affirmed. I guarantee that there is at least one track on this album that speaks to each person, whether grieving a loss (Praise You in This Storm) or discovering the true extent of God's grace and love (And Now My Lifesong Sings).

Every track is as powerful as the last, due to both the strength of the lyrics and the power of the music. Listen to it in the car, belting out "Set Me Free", listen to it in the house, contemplating on "While You Were sleeping". In fact listen to it anywhere and everywhere. Oh, and buy one for a friend too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly honest, 27 Feb 2008
This review is from: Lifesong [Australian Import] (Audio CD)
Like other reviewers, the thing that strikes me most about this album is its honesty - it's not afraid to face some of the things that get glossed over by many Christian artists who seem to conform to the 'happy clappy' image rather than admitting that life as a Christian isn't perfect. The music itself is also very good and often very moving.

3.0 out of 5 stars Casting Crowns Lifesong, 5 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars best cd every, 6 Nov 2013
V. Pyper - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lifesong (MP3 Download)
This CD is just the best all tracks have great meaning I would give this to any one I used the track prodigal at a service and I was asked afterwards who was it because they want a copy.

4.0 out of 5 stars 2nd album evolving their sound, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: Lifesong [Australian Import] (Audio CD)
Given a gift of 'the altar and the door' with its up tempo, rock genre, in your face lyrics had me wanting to hear more ... and this album is a development from their debut album 'casting crowns'

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab CD!, 30 July 2013
This review is from: Lifesong [Australian Import] (Audio CD)
I have 3 Casting crowns CDs now and I feel this one is by far the best I have yet to purchase. I have played it non stop since it has arrived and it always lifts my spirits. Not only is this CD a fantastic worship album some of my non Christian family have said how much they enjoy it also.

Buy it and I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!

Lifesong [Australian Import]
Lifesong [Australian Import] by Casting Crowns (Audio CD - 2006)