5.0 out of 5 stars Meguiar's NXT Generation car Shampoo Review!
Published 12 months ago by MrE

3.0 out of 5 stars GIVE YOU A BETTER TIP THAN THAT
PLENTY OF LATHER, IT SAYS IT STOPS SPOTS ON YOUR CAR, WHEN I READ THE LABEL IT SAYS LEATHER IT DOWN.
GIVE YOU A BETTER TIP THAN THAT, RINSE OF WITH RAIN WATER AND LEAVE TO DRY, IT WORKS NO STREAKS.
Published 6 months ago by JB

5.0 out of 5 stars Meguiar's NXT Generation car Shampoo Review!, 11 May 2014
MrE (E Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash (Automotive)
I've tried numerous car shampoos from many different brands including Autoglym, CarPlan, Demon Shine, Halfords own brand and Turtle Wax. Let me be completely frank and say that ALL car shampoo's that I've come across offer a basic level of cleaning ability but there are some that go further than others in terms of breaking down traffic film, tree sap and general road containments while at the same time providing durability and value for money.

Before i talk about this product please note that some shampoo's on the market also have a wax in them which is suppose to clean and protect at the same time. Based on years of experience i would avoid those products unless you have previously applied a wax by hand within the past 2 months. Wash and Wax products are best used as a "top-up" over any existing protection you may have applied. If you apply a wash and wax on a car that hasn't properly been cleaned then the chances are all you will end up doing is trapping the dirt on bodywork which will make it harder to remove the next time around!

This particular offering by Meguiar's is a fully synthetic, biodegradable formula! A Professional Car detailer told me two years ago that synthetic products have moved on so far in the past few years that in actual fact many of them surpass traditional car shampoo's and heavy hitting industrial cleaners when it comes down to shifting the majority of contaminants that cars will encounter on the roads.

Just two or three cap fulls (the cap is quite small), of the highly concentrated shampoo into a big 10L bucket of water is more than sufficient (the label says use twice that much but having tested different amounts,....2 cap full amounts seems to work perfectly fine). Maybe increase the concentration if the car you're working on is heavily contaminated! This particular formula also has softeners in it meaning it foams and suds up very well indeed (even in a hard water area such as mine). It cuts through traffic film, sap, dirt and general road grime exceptionally well and doesn't leave any residue or marks either. It smells nice too having what i would describe as a "Forest Fruit" aroma.

Other important things worth mentioning are that this shampoo is PH neutral which means it won't strip any existing wax on your car and won't damage paint and thanks to the added lubrication included in the formula it helps reduce the chance of muck creating further scratches when you wash the car down immediately afterwards.

Pros: Shifts the vast majority of dirt with very little trouble * Very high viscosity and concentration meaning you need only a relatively small amount * Won't remove existing wax * VERY easy to foam up because of the water softeners * Smells great

Cons: Not the cheapest car shampoo around and it doesn't leave any protection afterwards.

Tips: Use neat on alloy wheels for those stubborn brake dust marks!

VERDICT: After trying many different brands I'm more than happy to stick with this shampoo for the time being. This 1.9L bottle should last well over a year in the average two car household. It's easy to use and makes cleaning your car as easy as possible. I do like the fact it won't remove existing wax which saves me having to reapply any for a few weeks. This is the kind of shampoo you use if you intend to fully clean a car. Wash and wax shampoo's are designed for use between waxes as a top up!!

Worth trying and RECOMMENDED!

5.0 out of 5 stars Far better than an ordinary car shampoo, 8 July 2012
This review is from: Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash (Automotive)
This was the first time I have used a premium car shampoo - the difference between using this and a typical £4 shampoo is huge - dirt is removed easily, it's very slippery with lot of suds and smells good. It's expensive but highly concentrated, so far it seems like it will last a long while.

Make sure you use a microfibre wash mitt or something similar and not a sponge when washing your car - nothing is worse than a sponge for scratching the paintwork with grit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 7 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash (Automotive)
Since I started using this I have not used anything else - what can I say - if you live in a hard water area it softens the water, lots of suds and as a bonus it smells nice too - the finish it leaves is spot on - nice and shiny. Just logged onto Amazon to buy my 4th bottle in a row - love it :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best., 28 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash (Automotive)
Having used several different shampoo,s over the years, I had heard about the Meguiar,s car wash and having used their car wax with success decided to try it.
I must say that the finish after the first wash this week was incredible and a quantum leap above anything else I have used in the past, so I guess you get what you pay for.
Try it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells nice, leaves a good finish., 25 Nov. 2012
J. Connolly "Scouse" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash (Automotive)
I use a lot of Meguiar's products and this does not dissapoint.

It 's now in my top 5 car shampoo's.

I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its the Best, 4 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash (Automotive)
Have used Meguiars other wash and wax's but this beats them all,it certainly removed all grime/insects/dirt etc easy to dry no marks,buffs up well (if no time to polish)del fantastic cannot fault product or delivery.Well done all

4.0 out of 5 stars PRETTY GOOD BUT NOT AS GOOD as Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax!, 30 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash (Automotive)
I am a big fan of Meguiar's products so based on previous reviews, I though I would try this one. It certainly cleans well enough and the smell is nice. Its very smooth to apply using a wool mitten. However, it does not give the same deep gloss finish or shine compared to the Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax. So for around the same price, you get a much better finish and wax protection for your care with the wash and wax rather than this, which is just a wash. Trust me, stick to the one that includes the wax as its much better and good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meguiars NXT Car Wash, 16 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash (Automotive)
This is an excellent product which I have used for several years. Using a capful of liquid in a bucket of water is enough to give any car a full body wash and is easily rinsed off leaving sparkling paintwork.

4.0 out of 5 stars maybe its the water where i live, 26 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash (Automotive)
This is a good shampoo, I agree with other reviews, however I dont think that its any better than the turtle wax I have been using for years. Maybe its the water up here in western Scotland.... Its very pure, soft(as they say) and clear. As such, my `normal` stuff works very well. Also my car is waxed and given a seallig coat regularily. However for areas of `hard` water it may be worth the extra cost. No matter what, its still a good shampoo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use with excellent results!, 16 May 2014
rich20 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash (Automotive)
Having used the standard BMW wash with good results for years I was a bit hesitant to try something new. The first thing that attracted me to using this product was the good reviews it has received; the value of the brand itself and also the price.

The instructions state to use one capful per 4 litres which I struggled to believe at first because I was immediately pleased knowing how long this bottle was going to last! In my opinion the number of washes you get per tub vastly outweighs the price.

To avoid swirling or staining I usually wash one panel at a time, allow it to soak in for ~5mins then rinse off with the hose. It took me around 30 minutes to fully clean a BMW 1-series and that's including the "blasting" of bugs from the front grill and the maticulous cleaning of mud from the skirts. Usually I would go around and wash a second time to pick out areas I had maybe missed but I didn't need to do that in this case.

I was very impressed with the results I got. The sun had come out after it had dried and it was great to see it looking shiny again. I would definitely recommend this to anyone regardless of budget!

Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash