5.0 out of 5 stars Air Kong Squeaker Tennis Ball
Published on 27 Oct. 2007 by MISS. A. Hood

3.0 out of 5 stars Dog loves them
My German Shepherd loves these balls and gets really upset if she can't find one to keep by her side for most of the day :-)

She generally removes the squeek and splits the ball within a few days to a week or so and because of this I tend to keep a supply of them and the downrate is because I think that the balls could be stronger.
Published on 24 Dec. 2011 by CMB

5.0 out of 5 stars Air Kong Squeaker Tennis Ball, 27 Oct. 2007
I brought these because my pup loved tennis balls but kept ripping them apart very quickly.These balls are strong, bouncy and squeak what more does a dog need?Mine is very happy with his.Worth spending a little more for toys that last rather than cheap toys that break within days of purchase.Would strongly recommend KONG products,we have had a few of their toys and have been happy with them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet to be torn up, and dog's new favourite toy, 20 Jan. 2011
Since my dog was a puppy we have bought Kong toys, especially the tennis balls starting with the puppy sized ones. As our dog grew up, he went on to the regular sized Kong tennis balls but is now using them as a chew toy if we leave them out by mistake. They are not designed to withstand regular chewing, especially by a chewy dog like mine, but sometimes he is left with his toys long enough to chew them to destruction. The large Kong balls seemed a good idea as they look too big for our dog to chew (he is an Old English Sheepdog/Border Collie cross) and we were right.

He can chase and retrieve the ball, but finds chewing it too difficult - this was such a great buy that after constant use with only one large Kong ball, there is enough life left in it that we haven't had to use the second one yet. We have the regular sized Kong balls that we still use in parks, but these are looking grubby and worn - I will likely only buy the large ones from this point on.

If you have a small dog, it is unlikely they will be able to retrieve this ball, but they might still enjoy pushing it round and cchasing it in the house or garden.

5.0 out of 5 stars Balls of fun., 7 Feb. 2009
T. A. Natt ""Natters"" (Somerset,England) - See all my reviews
I have a very playful terrier and whilst I might find the squeaking annoying he loves it. Given the choice over a tennis ball and a squeaking tennis ball he will go for later every time.I will be getting more once these have seen out there life. The squeakers will not come out,the balls are very well made and durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for small dogs, 21 Aug. 2011
Whilst in South Africa I purchased a pack of these for my small dogs. They loved them so much I found them on Amazon and ordered some more. They are perfect for little mouths and my dogs play with them daily. However, I have found that they lose them, hide them, and unfortunately the poodle even chewed one, although after several weeks. I have purchased larger size balls before and now realize that the dogs enjoy fetching a lot more if the ball is smaller and easier for them to carry.

I will be ordering these again as they keep disappearing in the garden. We found one in our fish pond. Well, what do we live for if not to bring happiness into our pet's lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours and hours of (very noisy) entertainment- Priceless!, 20 Oct. 2010
A. Aston "Reticent reviewer" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
My dog LOVES her squeaker tennis balls. She literally spends hours trotting back & forth carrying them through the house, squeaking frantically as she goes. She is so obsessed with them, she retrieves them from my toy store & sleeps with them all in her bed! I have a young staffordshire bull terrier & was initially really dubious about how they would stand up to her strong jaws. Well, I have been amazed at how tough they are. It's been 6 weeks now & they are all still in tact.

The 1st one I gave her quickly had the fur (?) which covered the squeaker stripped away, HOWEVER, I think this is more about supervising your dog & training her to use the balls correctly (they are not designed to be used as chew toys). When I spotted her attempting to remove the tip of the squeaker with her teeth. I stopped her immediately with a loud "Uh-uh, NO!" and she went back to squeaking it (which I praised enthusiastically). When she tried to take the squeaker out a second time, I confiscated the ball. Whenever I saw her using the ball correctly, I praised her for squeaking rather than chewing it & have not had any more problems with the balls since. None of the other ones have had the fur stripped or the squeaker exposed.

She literally spends hours playing with them properly & has no interest in taking the squeakers out anymore. In my opinion, they last far longer than a normal tennis ball (my dog destroys these in under 5 minutes) & despite being punctured in several places & used intensively, these balls continue to function normally. I have even put them in the washing machine. As long as you squeeze the water out afterwards, they still squeak despite going through a full wash cycle!

Thoroughly recommended.

If your dog has powerful jaws like mine, you may want to consider the larger size as these won't fit in their mouths; I have bought both & the larger ones are trickier for the dog to manipulate (meaning they get less intensive use).

3.0 out of 5 stars Dog loves them, 24 Dec. 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars So much more durable than normal dog tennis balls, 26 Dec. 2011
D. Jones (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I spend a small fortune on tennis balls for my Labrador. She is generally good with balls and doesn't damage them too much but I have found that when I use cheaper balls with a ball thrower they lose their shape fairly quickly - probably due to landing hard after being thrown. Quite a few come apart where the rubber seal joins and others start to lose their felt covering - especially when we use them down the beach and the sea water gets into them.

I've bought many Kong products and don't mind paying a bit extra for the quality so thought I would give these balls a go. They have definitely withstood the test of time - well a solid month of use. Every day they go through a routine of being chucked, chased and brought back over and over again until my dog has had enough - and with a Lab. that can be a long time! They are showing some signs of wear now but they still have their shape, there are no splits in them and the covering remains intact.

The bonus feature with these balls is the squeaker - my dog loves anything which squeaks. To be honest, these probably don't get chucked quite as often as non squeaky balls as half the time she won't let go of them - she prefers to keep them in her mouth squeaking them.

I've not had a problem with her trying to remove the squeaker but that might be because she hasn't been left alone with them. They are still squeaking fine right now and there are no signs of the squeaker coming lose.

To be honest, if I had just gotten the one month's use out of these balls I would think I had more than had good value for money. However, I think we still have some more mileage left in them yet. These might have cost a bit more than the cheap balls to buy but by not having to replace them so often they have ended up saving me money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Squeeker!, 29 Jun. 2009
Mr. D. Born - See all my reviews
I have a Bullterrier who rips toys to pieces in seconds, she loves Tennis balles but usually they only last 30 mins. The Kong Tennis balls are not rigid allowing the dog to bite down on them without breaking them.

The squeekers do come out in about 5 mins but the balls carry on bouncing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the right size!, 10 May 2011
S. E. Wainwright (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Bought this pack of balls, for my miniature Dachshund bitch, after searching for a ball small enough for her to pick up in her mouth.
She loves to play ball and normal sized type 'tennis' balls are just too large for her to hold and pick up. She usually gets frustrated at the normal ones and just stands by them and barks.
With these Xsmall Kong balls, its fun to just watch her run after them and bring them back for me to throw for her.

Will be buying more of these in the future, but wouldn't reccommend if your small dog is a chewer, but they are great if your small dog just likes to play ball and catch.

1.0 out of 5 stars no better than a tennis ball, 9 May 2011
Our Collie/Lab loves any ball, but she destroys them in days (cheap ebay doggy tennis balls last 15 minutes)

Tried the Kong air, hoping it would offer the usual Kong durability, but they appear to be just ordinary tennis balls with Kong branding.

only upside was Pets at home selling them 3 for £2. but that still works out at £0.67 each, or 22p per day as it only lasted 3 days.

probably ok if your dog doesn't chew, but in that case just use a tennis ball.

will try the even more expensive chuckit balls next.

1 star because i couldn't give 0