Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£20.77+ £1.26 shipping

on 2 January 2008
Like many Putumayo compilations, the tracks here are a well-chosen collection of top-quality material from local artists. However, with all of Latin America to choose from, the Putumayo people have outdone themselves this time. Every track is a superb piece of atmospheric down-tempo pop with a rich Latin flavour. It's one of the very few albums I can't imagine every getting sick of - perfect as background music and also well worthy of more attentive listening. If you like modern Latin music and only ever buy one Putumayo compilation (and I've bought lots) get this.
on 11 July 2010
I heard this CD being played in a chic shop in Durham, and wanted to dance! When I found out what it was called, I went straight on to Amazon when I got back home. A couple of days later it arrived, and my husband put it straight on the CD player . Well we have re-played it several times, and it just makes you feel like you are in a sultry latin lounge!! You can feel the heat, smell the coffee and cigars, picture the gorgeous ladies with handsome latino men hanging around waiting for the chance to dance a hot tango!Easy to listen to, the music is excellent quality, and it is very very atmospheric both on quiet volume and also turned up as loud as we dare without upsetting the neighbours - a fabulous summer music experience. I have ordered French Cafe and Italian Cafe now - if they are half as good as this I'll be delighted.Well done Putumayo!
on 13 August 2010
Bought this CD for a friend as already have a copy which I bought in Paris after hearing it playing in a record shop. Didn't play it for ages then slowly got hooked, particularly the first track, very dramatic and catchy, makes me want to dance.
on 10 June 2013
I have to say, this album is a fantastic addition to my growing Putumayo collection.
Lively enough for some great dancing, but laid back enough for background music (some tracks).
highly recommended.
on 3 September 2011
Excellent atmospheric music. Very relaxing great for background music whilst entertaining, especially over good food and drink. Would recommend for easy listening.
on 23 October 2015
An excellent CD. Just remember that it is in Spanish, though.
on 27 February 2013
Not really what I was expecting - couple of good tracks but otherwise rather 'C3'. Broke all records for 'CD most quickly sent to the charity shop'.
on 9 December 2014
An unexpected treasure - great to listen to - great to have as soothing background music. It has spurred me on to buy another Putumayo CD.
on 5 November 2014
The tape arrived very quickly and was brand new as advertised. Very pleased with the tape and the service. Thank you.
on 1 January 2013
If you are looking for a good all round mellow Latin album, try this. Perfect for BBQs and summer evenings!