5.0 out of 5 stars Out of this world
The marketing people soooo got the pitch of this movie wrong ...
I thought it was some schmaltzy Disney tale of a cute little Hawiian girl and her pet mouse! It actually turns out to be one of the funniest, most entertaining, original animated movies since Toy Story....
I'd hate to give the plot away so I'll just say that it involves the story of the...
Published on 1 Jun 2004 by M. S. WILEY

2.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't clear it was the German version I had ordered
Yes you could change language to English but all the written references were still in German and it wasn't clear when ordering that it would be this version
Published 8 months ago by Mrs Susan Orledge

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars SAY ALOHA TO A CLASSIC DISNEY!, 29 May 2003
Lilo and Stitch, I have to admit, is not what I thought it would be at all. It is funnier than I thought, more touching than I thought, just better than I thought it would be. So the outline? Well...
Lilo is an orphaned little girl who lives with her big sister Nani, in Hawaii. Lilo is quite eccentric, and after a visit from social services (the terrifyingly named Mr Bubble), goes to the pound and adopts Stitch. Stitch has a bit of a background, namely being that he is an indestructible experiment gone wrong. He is banished to earth by his people, being fired into an ocean (he can't stand water), but lands on Hawaii. Stitch subsequently causes havoc in Lilo's house, and there are people after Stitch as well, sent by the ruler of the aliens. What follows is a hilarious and heart-warming story about the importance of friendship, and the importance of Ohana (family).
Admittedly, things get a little silly towards the end, but then again this is Disney, and if not having silliness in Disney is like having a breadless sandwich.
So, Lilo and Stitch ranks up there among the best of the modern Disney films - really, the ones since The Little Mermaid. The animation is lush and vibrant, despite being in 'outdated' 2D, and it lends the film a friendly, fun feel to it. The story is the most inspired thing to come out of Disney for a while, the characters are great, and realistic - Lilo and Nani's sisterly bickering remind me of arguing with my little brother - and all these factors combined add up to a fantastic film. Not one to be missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney is back, 3 Sep 2003
J. Cronin "dudara" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Lilo & Stitch [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
Lilo and Stitch is a return to classic animation and story telling for Disney. No computer generated characters, but real animation, set in Hawaii. The backgrounds used are gorgeous, and the Hawaiian physique is exaggerated.
Stitch is a genetic experiment gone wrong. Sentenced to imprisonment, he escapes and after some hilarious escapades, lands on Earth. Here he is mistaken for a dog and taken to the shelter.
Meet Lilo and her older sister Noni, who is trying to raise Lilo after the death of their parents. Things aren't easy and social services is threatening to intervene. In an effort to cheer Lilo up, Noni takes her to the pound, where she can pick herself out a dog. But instead, Stitch picks her in effort to escape his would-be captors.
This is a classic Disney story, with Stitch trying to find a place to fit in, and Lilo and Noni, struggling to stay a family. It's not done in a schmaltzy way, but instead handled well, and will undoubtedly cause you to shed a tear or two.
The use of Elvis songs throughout strengthens the film, adding to the humour and sadness. There are plenty of funny moments in this film, mainly featuring Stitch. Bred for fighting and causing chaos, Stitch's skill is in "flooding sewers, turning signposts around and losing socks."
This is my favourite recent kids film by a distance. Laughs and tears gauranteed, but you can bet that it all works out in the end. A great soundtrack, fitting in with the present Elvis revival.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Disney film, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Lilo & Stitch [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
Love this film great for all ages. Teaches you that family is everything and not to judge a book by its cover!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this, 1 Jun 2013
This review is from: Lilo & Stitch [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
One of my favourite disney films, it's funny, heartwarming and, at times, heartbreaking. I would recommend this film for children but I would also recommend it for older people as I still enjoy this film in my late teens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite movie., 30 April 2013
This review is from: Lilo & Stitch [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
Well, I'm 18 and this is still my favourite movie. I laugh out loud, I feel the love and warmth between their beautiful friendship and I even tear up at parts.

For less than 2 for one of Disney's best movies,I suggest you add it to your basket!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story for the little ones, 15 Sep 2012
This review is from: Lilo and Stitch (Special Edition) [DVD] (2002) (DVD)
Lilo & Stich is a great video, good fun for children and adults with a young spirit too. Shame that apparently Disney have bought the copyrights of the songs that are in the movie and now the locals cannot use them in public, these songs actually being part of their cultural customs... I don't know details, but it's a shame, as the story is lovely and nicely presented as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 16 Feb 2009
L. Martin "Media monster" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lilo and Stitch (Special Edition) [DVD] (2002) (DVD)
While our household already owns the regular 1 disc edition, this is one of our all-time favourite Disney films, so I couldn't help but purchase this for the extra content. As always a pleasure to watch this feature, a funny and charismatic tale told in an unorthodox way. If you're not too fussed about extra features then choose the 1-Disc Edition, but if you like to go in a little further, this is definitely for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film for kids and adults, 8 May 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Lilo & Stitch [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
Thanks to my two-year-old daughter, I've seen this film around 30 times so far so I thought I'd write a review !
Normally I'm Disneyphobic, as so often Disney manage to ruin classic stories with melodramatic characters, villains who must be killed at all costs, sarcastic americanisms and saccharinic endings. "Lilo and Stitch" is a total departure from this & has a totally original storyline, beautiful watercolour backgrounds and "real" characters that are more than one-dimensional.
Maybe this is all a bit over the top for a review of a cartoon, but the whole family really enjoyed this one. I won't give too much away about the story, since that's why you're buying this film, but it's a really charming tale with lots of laughs and a few tears for the adults, too. The soundtrack is great - lots of Elvis & hawaiian music (only let down by ultra-gimp Gareth Gates on the end titles). The characters are beautifully drawn and animated, and the backgrounds are lush and gorgeous like the hawaiian islands themselves. I was impressed with how much effort went into illustrating hawaiian culture, too.
Overall, I've managed to sit through this film many, many times & I'm still enjoying it. Disney has created a new style with this film & I hope they carry on - this is beautiful to look at, nice to listen to & with a really well-thought-out storyline.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Disney!, 3 April 2003
Ms. K. Szokalo "Katharine" (Lincoln, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lilo & Stitch [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
Lilo ans Stitch is a fast paced Disney film, complete with fun and adorable characters. The film is different to other Disney films with an original plot and can be enjoyed by audiences of all ages. The DVD is packed with bonus features, including a Hula Lesson, and documentaries on how precise the animation was. All in all it is a fun film and will be loved by all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprise, surprise!, 9 July 2003
I expected 'Lilo & Stitch' to be terrible - cheap schmaltzy Disney at its worst. Yet instead, I found it to be touching, funny Disney at its best.
The film looks gorgeous - all those lush watercolours of the beautiful Hawaiin setting - and I was pleased to see a return to tradional Disney animation after all the computer-animated ones. The character of Lilo is adorable and Daveigh Chase does a great job with the voice acting and Stitch... well I think there's a classic Disney character been created there!
This film is much funnier than I expected and the Elvis songs, which I thought would jar, fit perfectly. Likewise, I expected the film, with its orphan broken-family thing, to be overly sentimental yet found myself shedding many a tear. A retutn to form for Disney after the quite frankly, horrible and nasty sequels of their classics they've been peddling lately.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

Lilo and Stitch (Special Edition) [DVD] (2002)
7.32