5.0 out of 5 stars Super images, excellent information
Published on 25 Aug 2009 by E. Jakeman

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended
This DVD is so old that all info given to u in your anti natal and post natal classes don't match what's told in this DVD
Published 16 months ago by miss s kj hanlan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Super images, excellent information, 25 Aug 2009
E. Jakeman - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby It's You [DVD] (DVD)
I had an original video copy which I have used in teaching child development at GCSE. Each programme/section is very clear in the stage of development it is focusing on and very informative. If I were a new parent, I would find the programmes answered a lot of the questions as to why my child would be doing something at that particular age. For teaching, once the students have got over the cooing at the super images,they have found that the information given re-inforces the rather dry text book information in a much more lively relevant way. The length of each section also fits in well into the lesson allocation as it allows time for debate afterwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars a magical experience, 8 Nov 2009
This review is from: Baby It's You [DVD] (DVD)
this DVD is enthralling it takes you on a magical journey

i particularly like the final section where you get to see the neural synapse development and how the brain grows and connects. highly watchable

5.0 out of 5 stars A remarkable journey, 19 Jan 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Baby It's You [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This video, comprising of a series of programmes allows viewing in short bursts, and follows the development of an infant from the earliest days to the beginnings of independance. However, if you have the slightest interest in how children learn & develop you will probably want to indulge in the whole story in one sitting as it is emminently watchable.The filming is beautiful and the underlying psychological theories of development are carefully entwined, making this not only an informative video for any parent but also a useful tool for any student of early years development / nursery care or education, allowing them to see theory in action. The commentary is clear, well pitched and to the point. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Video about your child's development, 19 Sep 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Baby It's You [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I saw this program over 10 years ago when it was first on TV. I now have my first child and I ordered the video from Amazon. I found the program to be absolutely fantastic. You learn all about your child first month of life.. then after that each 1/2 hour program focus on each area of your child's developement... like walking, talking and socialising. It goes from a new born up to the age of 3. This video is great as a present to a first time parent... Being a mum you find it hard to make time to read book about you can make time to watch part of the video while you relax in your armchair. 2004

it is now 2010. I now have my second child and still find this video fantastic. I have given it way so a good friend can too enjoy and learn about all the wonderful things their child will be developing. What I liked about having this video was that in the first year of your child's like you have virtually no time to yourself to read and find out about your chikd's development let along have your husband do the same too. We were able to relax in the evening in our bedrooms and watch and talk about our new babies Deveopment. This video made us aware of each small and not widely known mile stones. It put us is an always looking for new milestones in our two boys mind state that has last and continues to happen even today.

This is an old video but not old in what it is teaching you. Get this as a present for a friend who is just getting a baby who still owns a video machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect video for new parents to watch, 29 Aug 2009
D. J. Doms - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby It's You [DVD] (DVD)
This video is brilliant - it's entertaining, fascinating and very easy to watch and will help you to understand (and facilitate) the development of your baby's brain and therefore his or her healthy physical, intellectual and emotional development

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby It,s You cd, 14 Feb 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Baby It's You [DVD] (DVD)
This is an amazing and informative CD especially the section on brain devlopment it really does give insight to a child's learning. The language is straightforward and as a training tool it is excellent. I am using it and the feed back is excellent.Buy it and be amazed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting information, 10 Jan 2010
Mrs. Tl Mcnamara (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby It's You [DVD] (DVD)
I have found the episodes I have watched so far very interesting on this DVD. There is some very useful guidance that we have applied to our own baby's needs. The production is very 80s but that doesn't mean the information is any less interesting. I have enjoyed watching this DVD so much that I have bought my pregnant friend a copy for her birthday.

4.0 out of 5 stars teaching resource, 20 Dec 2009
This review is from: Baby It's You [DVD] (DVD)
I am using this to illustrate teaching for a child care course. It raises some really valuable points and represents good value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, 11 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything A Baby Does Has Real Purpose, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Baby It's You [DVD] (DVD)
Babies are shown being babies, reacting to various things that life brings them. The narrator explains why babies do what they do and how they are learning. I was surprised how much my autistic daughter loves to study Baby It's You. I think it helps her understand how the neurotypical world thinks on a very basic level.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Baby It's You [DVD]
Baby It's You [DVD] by Leanne Klein (DVD - 2005)
15.05