5.0 out of 5 stars Transformation for such a reasonable price
Published on 23 Mar 2006 by Martha the Cherry Cat

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed
Not greatly impressed, it's a little magnetic, I've put about 3-4 layers on and is only slightly magnetic, I think you would have to put loads of layers on to make it work. You might as well buy a magnetic board and put that on your wall
Published 15 months ago by Mim Daughtery

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformation for such a reasonable price, 23 Mar 2006
This review is from: Magic Magnetic Wall Paint (Toy)
Paint any wall in your house or your office and the wall becomes a really strong magnetic wall. I painted a square of wall in my kitchen then brought these really cool magnetic pots, filled them with herbs, cake decorations and stuff. Now I can see what I have, get at it all really easily. You can use it for anything, I used some in my son's bedroom and he sticks pictures up with little magnets. After the magnetic paint dries, you can apply wallpaper or your favourite paint as a top-coat right over the magnetic paint so it is completely un- noticeable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Magic paint, 17 May 2011
Ms. E. Kazwini (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magic Magnetic Wall Paint (Toy)
I was dubious, but bought this mainly out of curiousity... "does it work?" Well, it does work, but only if you put on several coats, so I'd buy more than the tin suggests! Also, invest in some good, strong magnets, as it does not work as well with cheap fridge magnets. However, it has brightened up a spot in my classroom where the children can now display their own artwork so I think it was worth the investment.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 2 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!, 24 Mar 2014
nix (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magic Magnetic Wall Paint (Toy)
Second time I've created a magnetic blackboard with this paint (I'd rather use this plus a coating of blackboard paint rather than the combined paint).

So first my MDF had two coats of MDF primer, then I put on 4 thin coats of the magnetic paint and on top was two thin coats of blackboard paint.

When paint with the magnetic paint give it a damn good stir to start with and I personally think it's a good idea to give it a stir as you go too.

As it say on the tin it's really best to use thin flat magnets rather than big fat ones.

1.0 out of 5 stars what Rubbish, 7 Nov 2011
This review is from: Magic Magnetic Wall Paint (Toy)
What an absolutely brilliant idea, shame it does,nt work,, Have tried to create a notice board in the office..
Attempt No 1 Coverage was only 50% of what it said on the tin, never mind sanded it down, bought a second tin and gave a second coat. In theory 4 magnetic pins will hold a thin piece of A4 paper on the wall but only when the window is closed as the slightest breeze will send your papers flying.
Attempt 2 Still think this is an amazing idea so have another go on another wall, this time on a different surface, and this time we put an undercoat of PVA on the wall first to reduce the soak in. The coverage was slightly better but the results were the same... quite useless!! Basically this product does the exact opposite of what it says on the can! Do not waste your money
Comment Comment Permalink

3.0 out of 5 stars Its not magic!, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Magic Magnetic Wall Paint (Toy)
i READ MANY REVIEWS ABOUT MAGNETIC PAINT, AND THEY WERE ALL RIGHT. YOU HAVE TO PUT ON LOADS OF LAYERS TO MAKE IT MAGNETIC. I DECIDED TO PUT LOTS OF LAYERS ON A SMALL AREA. PAINTED ON 5 COATS, AND STILL MAGNETS DO NOT STAY ON FAST!

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 layers and it works with magnetic picture frames and some magnets, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Magic Magnetic Wall Paint (Toy)
We weren't sure if this would work after reading the reviews. But we were really keen to make a photo wall of photos. I've not read the instructions on the tin but we tried out 4 layers of the magnetic paint.....and that worked to hold up our photos in a frame and a whole host of my daughter's "friends". The magnetic paint is black and our kitchen walls are lime fizz so we had to add at least 3 coats of this. We didn't want black. Like some of the comments here some magnets don't work. We found the alphabet and number magnets for my 3yr old daughter don't work, nor does the magnetic shopping list but it's fantastic for making a magnetic photo wall with fridgi photo frames. I'll try and upload a photo as I would have liked to see what it could do before I bought.
So to recap: 4 coats of the paint and it will work with magnetic picture frames.

Magic Magnetic Wall Paint