5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best albums out there!
When i first bought this album, i just wanted get iron maiden into my music collection, and i saw this album had a good collection of songs on, and it was live which i have always enjoyed. But now? Its a vital part of music collection! This is a truely amazing album and portrays Iron Maiden so well, you could say you dont need to actually see them play.

The...
Published on 16 April 2006 by KRISmyBuy

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but not their best effort
Published on 2 Sep 2006 by A. Kennedy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars EMI have protected this CD, 21 Feb 2006
Stephen Barrow "Ospreyflier" (Swansea) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Death On The Road (Audio CD)
The content of this album is exceptional, my only gripe is that it has been protected which makes it difficult, but not impossible to put onto your mp3 player. Why on earth do they do this? Great live album though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but not their best effort, 2 Sep 2006
A. Kennedy (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Death On The Road (Audio CD)
Owning all of Maiden's albums up until this release (bar the Blaze Bayley albums) it was a given that this was going to be purchased. I was particularly looking forward to it with it being a live album as I love Maiden's live releases. I was immediately shocked when I looked at the track list and saw no 2 Minutes to Midnight. I couldn't believe they didn't include/play one of the all time great Maiden songs (surpassing Run to the Hills in my eyes). But I was looking forward to the Dance of Death tracks live.

On listening I wasn't dissapointed, they sound as energetic and as powerful as ever, with all members going full guns on their respective instruments. All the newer tracks were played tightly and sounded great live. All the old classics were made to sound as though they were written yesterday and were being played live for the first time, which is a testament to the fact that Maiden obviously don't get tired of playing them as much as the fans don't tire of hearing them. The only thing for me is that the production is a bit too polished for a live album, in my humble opinion I prefer the rougher (some may say poor quality) of A Real Dead one or Live After Death, it just seems to lend itself to a more rough, hectic image of a live performance, more akin to your ears getting blasted as if you were at the gig! But, that is just my opinion! A good album, with my surprise favourite track being Lord of the Flies. Dickinson makes it his own. Would have got 4 stars if 2 Minutes had been on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Still waiting!, 10 Jun 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Death On The Road (Audio CD)
I'm still waiting for the item after ordering it a month ago. Judging by previous comments, I still may have to wait a lot longer!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Death On The Road
Death On The Road by Iron Maiden (Audio CD - 2005)