I am generally pleased with the HP 344 twinpack bundle. The colour is good and I get a reasonable quantity of prints per cartridge. Naturally, the tri-colour ink system isn't the most economical if you use any one colour particularly heavily... but the same is true of any other tri-colour system and was a known factor when I purchased my multifunction printer.

Online prices have proven significantly lower than instore prices, enabling me to purchase genuine HP cartridges which do not invalidate the warranty on my printers for the same/less money as compatibles/refurbs instore.

Please avoid the advice of the reviewer 'Mr Ince' who has been advertising a potentially dubious site, using the same wording over many reviews.
on 7 June 2009
I have been using HP Ink for many years now. The colours come out as you would expect in good quality regardless of paper type although the better the paper, the better the print quality. Buying in multi-packs is more cost effective and recommended because ink is not cheap.
on 27 March 2013
This product arrived not as advertised. The cartridges were not in a box, but were poorly packaged and arrived battered and shabby in a thin plastic packet, very poor quality! Would not use this product because I cannot be sure that it has not been damaged in transit due to poor packaging. Nor could I or recommend this company.
on 15 October 2013
very disappointed with this product as ink arrived not in the cardboard packaging as expected but individual plastic packs both of which looked different to each other so not from the same source or batch.
on trying the ink one cartridge failed to print in the right colours so was obviously faulty. other one works fine.
will not be using Amazon for ink in the future.
on 16 July 2013
The original packing had been removed "so it would go through the letter box" therefor there is no means of determining the Expiry DATE.
on 11 July 2010
HP original printer cartridges can't be beaten when well priced. I source printer cartridges for work, and have tried many refills/compatibles, nothing beats the original
on 17 February 2015
It is excellent and genuine HP ink.

Use draft mode until final copy version is required, and then use normal or best printing mode.

If experimenting with settings or for example the picture than print with draft mode or draft black mode, but when ready to print the final version print in normal or best mode in colour.

It would have been excellent value for money and HP would have verified that it was genuine, because I wouldn't have purchased it.

I forgot to mention on the 2-pack black ink 339, that buying 2-pack is usually cheaper than buying single packs.

ALSO a guideline to whether the cartridge is genuine or not besides buying from a seller that can be trusted is looking for the word, 'Original', but I contacted HP to verify.
on 6 July 2014
They did not arrive as the boxed twin pack advertised but as two individual cartridges in their sealed white plastic inner wrappers. There is no indication on these wrappers of the expiry date of the HP warranty so the vendor would not know the expiry date either. I opened them to find both out of date (one by a year). However I have tested both in my printer & they both work OK (previous HP printers I've owned would not allow this so possibly HP have updated their software). They were at a good price so as long as they still work when I get around to using the second cartridge they will be value for money, If you don't do much colour printing you my want to consider paying more for a cartridge that is well within the warranty period.
on 15 June 2010
I have recently started doing the admin for my Church office, and do a lot of printing. I inherited a couple of refilled cartridges and did not think much of the quality and quantity of the printing. When these ran out I purchase both the black and colour original cartridges and am amazed at the difference in print quality and how long they have lasted.

Although the refills look cheaper, I was replacing them so often that there is no question in my mind that the originals are way better. Add to that the colours are truer, much more vibrant and overall just a much better print.

I will not go back to using refills.
on 6 October 2011
After printing just one page (whose colour's looked good) before the Hewlett Packard printer refused to print again - claiming something was wrong with the new ink cartridge - I find it impossible to tell whether or not HP's clever software has rejected it for being a cheaper 'remanufactured' ink cartridge, to protect HPs profits, or whether there is actually anything wrong with the ink (hence a neutral middle rank of 3*). Either way, I've spent money and have a printer that wont print. Not ideal.