5.0 out of 5 stars The best mp3 ever
I would class the creative zen micro, the best mp3 player ever. I have had no problems with mine at all. The quality of sound from this handy pocket sized entertainment system is fantastic. I would recommend this to anyone. It is a great present for anyone and so handy. If you want to go for a walk just stick it in your pocket and away you go. NO PROBLEM! Buy one.
Published on 14 Aug 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Portability?
Published on 30 Aug 2005 by tcat9703

5.0 out of 5 stars The best mp3 ever, 14 Aug 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Portability?, 30 Aug 2005
This review is from: Creative Zen Micro 5GB - Black (Electronics)
One may well get "...a solid week's worth of music listening...", but I wish someone had told me before buying it that I would have to take my PC with me on holiday in order to recharge the battery! Just bought it in advance of a trip. Being a portable device I assumed that it would come with a battery recharge unit (like with, say, a similarly portable mobile phone?) but no. I've now also purchased a travel charger for £22 extra, rather than incur excess baggage costs or sit in an internet cafe during my holiday. The lack of meaningful instructions also requires a lot of trial and error to understand the controls. Perhaps I'm just a non-intuitive techno-numpty though? Handy gadget to have for tedious journeys of course, and the weight/space saving over other devices is a plus. Sound quality is good, though I am alarmed to read the latest reviews regarding reliability.

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 years of hard use, 11 Jun 2008
D. Hicks "doc" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Creative Zen Micro 5GB - Black (Electronics)
So, I bought mine when it was released for £150 odd, and it served me well. Mine was used for 1-5 hours per day, every day. It finally gave up the ghost over the weekend. I do really miss it :( my N95 just doesn't deliver on the music front.

OK, bullet points as always.

The good:

* Solid construction. Mine was dropped, thrown and took the general knocks of ever day use without complaint.

* Touch pad is excellent. Very easy to use.

* Menu system is very simple.

* Sound quality is good. I made my own presets as the ones provided were lacking. Bass is ok. A decent set of headphones is required.

* Screen is lacking compared to the colour screens mp3 players have these days, but it's easy to read and gets the job done well. The blue backlit is a very handy thing.

* Storage space is pretty good.

* Compact size. Little chunky comapared to newer players maybe, but this thing was release back in 2004-2005. It was small for it's time.

The bad:

* The battery is poor. 4-6 hours max if you have it blasting as I do/did.

* My battery gave up quite a while ago. It rarely held a charge for more then an hour or two. This is to be expected after heavy usage though. Basically a replacement battery will be needed after a year or so. Pretty cheap though, Amazon has them for £8.

* Radio is pretty poor. Who uses this anyway??

I highly recommended this mp3 player. I might even buy another myself.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Zen Micro: Good Things Come In Small Packages, 23 Aug 2005
This review is from: Creative Zen Micro 5GB - Black (Electronics)
Well i saved up for quite a while for my Zen and was not dissapointed it did exactly what it said on the tin the sound quality was great. Downloading and copying music onto it was easy. However about 2months in i noticed that the sound became filtered through the headphones and i soon had to keep adjusting them to even hear the songs. Sometimes i could only hear the backround music other times only the singing. The Zen even shut of several times and froze up completely. I was really annoyed and thought that it might just be the headphones but after buying and trying several brands i found that all did the same. I wrote to Zen and they told me to send my old one back and they would send me a replacement but it never reached me and 14 day later i wrote to them again. I then recieved an email telling me that they would give me a full refund within 10 days. 2months on and i'm still waiting. Overalll the Zen is an amazing mp3 it holds loads of tracks looks cool and the sound quality is brill for it's retail price however i have spoken to lots of peple who have had the same problems with the zen so my avice is that Zen may of sorted out the problems by now bearing in mind i bought mine at the begining of the year and it is a really good mp3 just make sure you keep the reciept.

1.0 out of 5 stars Creative Zen Micro SE 5GB, 13 Aug 2005
This review is from: Creative Zen Micro 5GB - Black (Electronics)
Nice little unit with good quality sound but suffers from reliablity problems. After about 5 months of use a faulty jack gives sound problems (this is not unusual I know of several owners that have suffered the same problem) and after 6 months the unit died completely. Zero after sales service from Creative. An expensive MP3 player for 6 months use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative Zen Micro - lovely!, 26 Dec 2006
I. Boulton "~margot~" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative Zen Micro 5GB - Black (Electronics)
As I've been looking through the reviews for these on amazon, I thought I'd better review my creative zen micro.

Reliability - In a year, I have had NO problems at all with my version. I believe they are a lot more reliable than ipods, as my friends seem to always complain about theirs and I'm just sitting there, rather contented with my zen!

Easy to use - I believe they are much more easy to use than ipods personally, IMHO. If you turn the sensitivity down for the touch pad, I find it's fine! The menus are all easy to fathom out also.

Accesories worth buying - I would recommend buying a charger: you can get an accesory pack off here. The only way of charging the zen is through the USB port normally.

Also, buy some other earphones. That would be worth it - The creative ones aren't too good!

Overall, I love my zen. I think it's fine, and compared to a similar ipod mini, it holds more songs and has a removable battery - so you don't have to pay a bomb to get your new ipod battery when it breaks.

That's all!

=)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality., 26 Dec 2006
This review is from: Creative Zen Micro 5GB - Black (Electronics)
I have had two Zen Micros, the first of which's headphone socket broke. My second and current Zen Micro has now also broke with the same problem with the headphone socket. Having looked on the Internet I have found many other people who have had the same problem, yet Creative fail to fix this problem. I am now in the process of ditching my Zen for a better quality MP3 player.

2.0 out of 5 stars Creative Zen Micro 5GB - Poor Quality Design, 26 Feb 2007
P. H. Whitehead "Peter Whitehead" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative Zen Micro 5GB - Black (Electronics)
Whilst I had been pleased with the way this mp3 player worked, some 15 months after purchase I am having problems with the headphone socket giving intermittent contact. This is a real nuisance when I am walking. Seems this may be a common problem!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect alternative, 16 Sep 2005
This review is from: Creative Zen Micro 5GB - Black (Electronics)
If you're looking for an iPod Nano or Mini, look no further, this beautiful baby is the perfect replacement!

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 9 Aug 2005
This review is from: Creative Zen Micro 5GB - Black (Electronics)
this is amazing its really small compact and easy to use
much better than an ipod mini or any others mp3 playetrs at this price and it has an fm tuner its great

Creative Zen Micro 5GB - Black