on 25 March 2008
This slingshot is amazing, when they say it fires waterbaloons up to 100m they are not kidding. Me, my brothers, cousins and friends have had so much fun with this thing, weve attacked boats, shallets, apartments, beaches and restaurants with this thing and it is the funniest thing you'll ever see when you fire a perfect shot and people are trying to figure out where it came from because your so far away, and even when they do they havnt got a hoping hell of catching you. Weve nailed a restaurant over 150m away when we were on top of a hill, holy crap its funny. Its obvious this sort of behavior is exactly what this slingshot was made for, who on earth is going to buy it and not aim at stuff which will react... nobody. I rate this 5 stars, and seriously recommend that you invest. Remember water balloons are only about 1/3 of a penny to buy each, so ammo is cheap :)
on 8 June 2010
WildSling Waterbomb Launcher

If you have ever seen one in action it will have sold you already. If you haven't, read on....

The first time I witnessed the destruction that this thing could cause was a few years ago at a youth camp. Three fellas and one big yellow piece of rubber? surely it can't go that far. Well, the water bomb managed to get launched over a castle, past the car park, and into a forest.

The second time I saw its force was at a bbq, which descended into a water fight. A balloon was launched at a double glazed window, and easily smashed it. oops.

So I had wanted one for years, and bought one a few months ago. The technique is definitely to get your two buddies holding the grips to pull their side as high as possible, making sure they are about 3 feet away from each other. Pull back on the pouch and crouch to get distance. I tend to hold the water bomb in to stop it falling out.

Enjoy. just don't fire it at people or pets!

Epic.
on 13 March 2009
If you have enough interest in waterbombing to be even thinking about this purchase, do it. The only warning is the trouble you may find yourself in.

I got this for my second year at uni. We lived in a shared house with a flat roof garden, and this brought more joy to the boys I live with than any computer game console.

When it got to summer, most mornings we would wonder up after breakfast with a big bucket of waterbombs and eggs, ready to begin our assault.

This thing is a POWER TRIP. Being able to guide in eggs and waterbombs to any target in Plymouth was brilliant, you can hit anything from 1 to 5 streets away.

We ended up getting the police called out when we launched a 15 minute assault on our local pub. A testament to the accuracy of this beast.

Also, fireworks went quite nicely out of it, as well as plastic tubs of mayonaise.

The only thing to consider is that they have a tendancy to snap at the join if used hard for a prolonged period of time, but can be knotted back up.

This baby stows easily into a backpack and can be launched with a near-vertical trajectory for small back-gardens!
on 9 December 2011
Really good fun and is a brilliant outdoor/large environment educational experimental equipment to see how tension, gravity and the angle* of projection effects projectiles, is good for children from the age of 9+ under supervision up to college students doing A level Physics.
Only problem that I found, is that when left outdoors in cold temperatures causes less durability and Plastic deformation when stretched.
on 14 August 2012
Purchased this water balloon slingshot for a teen camp this summer. It met all my expectations and they are high to begin with! We were dropping good sized water balloons on young people about 100 yards away - I seriously recommend not, repeat, not shooting water balloons straight (horizontally) at anyone as they really hurt with this tremendous toy. I gave it 4 stars for durability as we only used it one day - though it showed no signs of wear. Well designed and a lot of fun; that is if you are into dropping water balloons on people 100 yards away ...
on 23 March 2010
I was really looking forward to using this at school. My mates and i camped out in a bush and took aim. Unfortunatly, after a few goes, it did not seem to fire as far as the other reviews suggested but we ploughed on and pulled the slighshot further back. Just as it was about to be released, it snapped in half breaking my finger in the process. Judging by the other reviews, this seems to be an isolated incident but its lack of duribility was disappointing and because of this i felt it diserved a poor rating.
on 30 April 2012
We bought this as a present for my nephew. Kids and adults both had great fun playing with it, launching water bombs. We couldnt make it go quite as far as some others suggest, but it was great fun none the less. I would point out that we didn't realise that it says 16+ on the packing, but does state 'unless supervised' & we found no safety hazard when we used it with the kids, however I would not suggest letting them use it unsupervised.

great fun though. :)
on 7 April 2012
I purchased this catapult with the intention of causing mayhem. Off the back of spending a day at work during my Easter vac daydreaming about launching water bomb bombardments on unsuspecting sunbathers when I returned to University, I knew that this was a vital addition to any students possessions , ranked only behind a funnel, and the tights, bra and wig combo in terms of use.

The educational value in working out the angles and power needed to drop your mortar shells, sorry, balloons, on targets the other side of buildings, the upper arm strength built up by your attempts to pin down angry boyfriends with rapid fire, and the shear glory of releasing a fully stretched launcher's payload into the gut of a friend the moment they open the door are all things that will aid anyone's development.

For those already well practiced in the arts of water bombing, the use of apples and oranges spices up what is a wonderful toy.

I insist now that you buy this product, if only so I may live in the hope that one day, somewhere, a water bomb will fly seemingly from out of nowhere, and battle can commence.
on 3 July 2009
After receiving this product it has been in constant use and has had a couple of hundred water balloons fired from it. Its going to be a scorcher this year so a little soaking will cool you down a bit (don`t fire too close though). Recommended for hours of fun and a great way of staying outdoors and enjoying the fresh air.
on 22 July 2009
Excellent for outdoor fun! Good for children (under supervision) and adults alike. Extra balloons are quite cheap although do worry about the ecological impact of lots of bits of exploded balloon all over the place! Do try to get all the bits picked up

WildSling Solo Water Bomb Launcher