Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£11.29+ £1.26 shipping

on 12 September 2010
As an early-blues fan I heard about this guy 'Snooks Eaglin' and assumed he was a standard blind blues guitarist like Blind Lemon Jefferson or Blind Blake. I was pleasantly surprised when I put on the CD to find that this guy plays much more than your standard blues. There is a mixed bag of blues and R n' B accompanied by Snooks' fantastic guitar playing and astonishingly good voice similar to that of Ray Charles'. This is one of those CD's where you end up rating every song 5 stars on iTunes!.... that doesn't happen too often with me!

If you like 50's R n' B, blues, fantastic guitar playing and a soulful voice then this is for you! Just think of Ray playing his most soulful and bluesy tunes, that is what Snooks achieves with his voice and his guitar. Superb!!
on 1 November 2014
Great c.d. Takes me back to my youth. Looking out for more of Mr. Eaglin's c.d.'s
on 7 November 2014
Arrived eventually and sorted out delib
Very problem with ease.
on 10 March 2016
the real original blues
on 13 February 2013
I have owned the original Folkways LP for ... well, far longer than I care to remember ... and it has seen more than its fair share of playtime. This CD, with the additional tracks, and improved mastering, is a delight.
As for Snooks' performance, well it just has to be heard to be believed ... playing the clarinet break from 'High Society' that well on an acoustic guitar is no mean feat!

A true CLASSIC ALBUM! Highly Recommended!
on 23 July 2014
Fantastic
on 24 March 2013
Heard about Snooks from a Radio 6 programme so had a listen and bought it. No regrets as a blues, in it's truest form, fan well worth the money.
on 19 March 2013
I remember a review in a Melody Maker,way back in the 60's,so when I came across it I couldn't resist.

I recommend it highly