4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Posh Looking Fan with Some Issues
Published on 13 April 2012 by ricke17

3.0 out of 5 stars Noise
I am pleased with the fan but disapointed at the noise level. When its on even the first speed is noisy and I find you have to turn the TV up,or turn the fan off.

E.A.Robinson
Published on 13 Sep 2009 by Mr. E. A. Robinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Posh Looking Fan with Some Issues, 13 April 2012
This review is from: Honeywell HS-1040RE Chrome pedestal fan with remote control (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this fan as I had previously bought the new Dyson Fan but it is not as powerful as the regular fans. As usual being an Amazon Prime customer I received this delivered free within 24hrs. I have owned many a fan and thought I'd treat myself to this chrome pedestal fan. It took me 30 minutes to put together. It is VERY fiddly and ideally you'd need 2 people to put this together but I struggled and managed this. I am dreading having to take the grill and fan out to clean the dust away as this was very fiddly to put on initially. The remote supplied is not the one featured in the picture and is VERY buggy in as much as sometimes does not respond to change the fan speed etc but I think I have found the knack at how to sort this out. The grill and fan itself is chrome. It is not as noisy on any of the speeds as some of the other reviewers have stated. Like I said I have owned loadsa fans in the past and, to be honest, this is the quietest one I have owned. You are to expect some noise from fans and when I read the reviews I thought I'd be sending this back but it is fine. Not a 5-star rating due to the buggy remote and the fiddliness (if that is such a word) of putting it together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent., 11 July 2011
I wasn't going to buy this fan because of the bad reviews I read regarding noice, until I saw I bargin on warehouse deals. Thank God I took the plunge and bought it. The fan is well built, and the design is functional (it even comes with an handle at the back for transporting it).
I can promise you that this fan is not noisy at all, as said in other reviews. It is in no way louder than any fan I've used in past.

The remote control is nice and small. Not even half the size in the display picture. Infact the picture of the remote isn't doing it any favours at all.

I can go on and on, but this fan is DEFINATELY money well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, 25 Dec 2012
Have this fan now for some years now, brought it for the use of those hot summer months. It works perfectly. The remote is ust right. It's small and you don't have to get up and change the level. Good quality product that last.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loud but cool., 15 Sep 2011
The control is fine - but you have to make sure it is pointing directly at the fan. It's very noisy but does the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 23 April 2011
Dismal Angel "Ash" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I have one of these in my bedroom. While it is a very nice looking fan, the remote can be incredibly buggy for me. While it will control all other functions (change speed, set timer, change the mode, etc) it will LOCK me out of using the remote if I use Oscillate (meaning I can no longer use the remote unless I go get up and manually switch the thing off and turn off oscillate before hand). An unfortunate bug to this model that some of us got (my aunt got the same model and experienced the same set backs). It can be quite annoying if you wish to use this and can't get up/are in bed and wish to switch it off/change a setting after having hit the OSC button, and that's why it gets 4 stars from me instead of 5.

3.0 out of 5 stars Noise, 13 Sep 2009

E.A.Robinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says!, 8 Mar 2010
Mr. N. R. Brown (UK) - See all my reviews
We bought this as a replacement for our previous model that eventually fell to pieces.
It has a good weighted base (which does mean heavy to move) and seems to be fairly well made.
I will hold comment on it's longevity as the main head unit is plastic and our previous (similarly made) model eventually cracked and broke where it was clamped to the pole, although this one does seem to have a better design in this area.
Our last one was used 8 hours every night for over 6 years and the motor is still ok, so I hope this one will do at least as well.

As stated in other reviews, it is too noisy at it's lowest speed and this really should be reduced.
Speed 1 should be a 'gentle breeze', but it's powerful enough to call 'gusting'!
The other two speeds are hardly necessary and the speeds should have a better 'spread'.

The remote that came with it is a nasty, very 'plastic' affair that isn't the same shown in the photos and doesn't match the fan.

Having said this, it was well packaged, assembled easily and does what it's supposed to do without any problems so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and good quality, 17 Mar 2014
Last summer, I needed an addiitional pedestal fan, but couldn't find one anywhere as all stocks had sold out - so I thought I had better get in early this year. The fan does require 2 people to put together as it's a bit fiddly, but the finished fan is worth the effort. My only gripe is that it's a bit difficult to clean the blades of any dust that gets onto the blades. I am now trying to find a slim headed duster to clean the blades through the cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fan, 15 Mar 2014
This is perfect for my son it is so sturdy you could not knock it over the only drawback is the remote which would be alright for most people but he is disabled and does not have much power in his hands so because it is so small he is finding it hard to manage.
Izzy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pedestal fan, 4 Jan 2014
This fan is not the quietest fan available but for the price it is very good value and even on the lowest setting delivers a good degree of cooling air. The fan was easy to put together with clear instructions and the remote control is a useful function when using the fan for activities such as indoor cycling. I would be happy to recommend the fan. This was purchased through a warehouse deal from Amazon and the description was fully accurate and the packaging was good.