on 24 November 2005
It’s not often that you can hear an album and be taken aback by how good it is. It’s not often you hear an album that you find it impossible to explain it to your friends because you just can’t find words that do it justice. And it is not often you hear an album which changes the way you think about music. Say Anything – Is a real boy... fulfils all of these quotas, it raises the bar for all new music. Impossible to define, impossible to turn off, impossible to not be hooked, it will leave you wanting so much more. I had my reservations when my friend introduced me to them by not only saying that most of the songs were about the lead singer’s quest for sex and that he was now recovering in a secure mental institute, but all my fears were dispelled as soon as I listened to the album. Kicking off with the immortal words “And now a song about rebellion” you are thrust into “Belt” a scorching track that will have you screaming the chorus back at your speakers. Songs like “Woe”, with the finest breakdown I have ever heard and “The Futile” will keep you hooked and finishing on the rallying cry of “ADMIT IT!!” is the most fitting end to an album, yes you’ve guessed it, I have ever heard. However the finest track on the album lies in the stunning “Alive in the Glory of Love”. I must admit a song about love and the Holocaust does not seem like the easiest subject matter to tackle but it is done so beautifully that you have to admire Max Bemis’ courage. With a chorus so amazingly simple, but so touching “No, I won’t let them take you...” you will be hard pressed not to fall in love. There are so many memorable moments on this album and it is simply the finest album I have ever heard.
10/10 and then some...
on 26 August 2004
Well, where to begin? First listening of Say Anything quite literally blows you away! It has to be the only album I know that can make you laugh one minute at some of the most peculiar lyrics ever produced and the next minute you are sat back in awe by the incredible musical talent of this band. Great melodies accompanied by brilliant percussion and strong vocals with clever backing, it really has it all, but then what would you expect from a band that see themselves as a "rock opera", and trust me they really are. Every song is distinctively different and individually memorable, and yet still at the same high quality throughout.

It is an album that truly brings happiness every time you listen to it!
Buy this album it is absolutely fantastic!!!!
on 7 February 2014
Max Bemis is a lyrical genius, his wit and clever but crude and rude lyrics are adorable and funny at the same time. Plus you get it 2 disks :) My fave tracks: alive with glory of love, woe, yellow cat/ red cat and wow I can get sexual too.
on 2 October 2007
There is so much you can say about Say Anything. There album is basically singing there inner thoughts exactly as they tink them. they are a bit intense and playfull at times, but this band are probaby the funniest band i heard, and i dont think they even try to be. You will be able to identify with most songs on the album, and you wil laugh becuase you will realise how true the lyrics are.

However you cna i would try and get the album with 2 cds, as the second is easilly the better. even though only containing 6 songs.

this band is jsut pure genious for what they are, and thats saying it like it is