5.0 out of 5 stars Trees Vs Stairs
Before buying this, consider the habits of your cat. Do they like to scratch Vertically (garden tree/wall paper) or Horizontally (carpets/stairs)?

I have two cats, one which loves to scratch the tree in our garden and another who loves to lie down on the stairs and rip the step next to him to shreds...

This product has proved a huge hit with the tree...
Published on 15 Sep 2010 by Mr. Filipe M. Pereira

3.0 out of 5 stars Scratch Post ok But...
I bought this for our cat based on price and customer reviews. The item was delivered on time and was well packed.

The down side to this item is that the top wasn't attached very well with at least 15/20mm gap between the post and the top and has now eventually come apart from the post itself! Other than that it serves its purpose.
Published 4 months ago by catch22

5.0 out of 5 stars Trees Vs Stairs, 15 Sep 2010

This product has proved a huge hit with the tree hugger and fingers crossed the stair destroyer will take a shining to it eventually...

It's much larger than any Scratching post I've seen available in the shops (it towers over the usual Argos effort) without taking up much floor space and seems to be a quality build.

I had hoped that this would prevent the stair shredding from continuing, but so far the culprit hasn't paid it much attention.

I know that horizontal step shaped scratching posts are available, however I'm not keen on attaching one of these to the stairs due to the tripping hazard and we don't really have anywhere else suitable to place it.

I think I may have to invest in a scratcher mat before the Winter months kick in...

To sum up, if you're going to buy a vertical scratching post, and have particularly large/tall cats like I do, then this is the post for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Our cats are in scratching heaven and our chairs are spared..., 22 Oct 2010
This review is from: Trixie Parla Scratching Post, 62 cm, Beige (Misc.)
I was really wary of buying another scratching post because I've bought about three posts/mats from the local pet shop over the last couple of years that are lying around the house ignored and unloved. I decided to buy this Parla one because our new rescue cat had decided to start using our leather dining chairs as scratching posts and the double sided sticky tape trick wasn't working - this post looked like it had a really nice big sturdy base so I hoped it would do the trick where others had failed. It arrived two days later and within 5 minutes (with the help of a bit of string wrapped around the post) we had two cats completed hooked, never to look at the chairs again... The post is taller than most so gives the cats a really good stretch and it's a doddle to assemble (my three year old did it!). The cream base is plush and cosy looking so the cats love it and the post can be left in the corner unobtrusively. Really good value for a great price, definitely the best scratching post I've come across, and I looked around a lot!! Highly recommended =)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scratch Post!, 24 Feb 2011
This review is from: Trixie Parla Scratching Post, 62 cm, Beige (Misc.)
Bought this to replace an old worn out scratch post. Was impressed with the size and it is much more sturdy than any others I have had before. Is a great height for any size cat to stretch on and my cat took to it as soon as it was out of its wrapping. Is also really easy to put together. Great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars great stretching and scratching for cats, 6 April 2011
Serin6 (Dunmow, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trixie Parla Scratching Post, 62 cm, Beige (Misc.)
I was looking for a tall scratching post at a reasonable price to stop my 3 cats destroying our wooden bookcases. THis is just the right length for an adult cat to stretch upwards, and they like the sisal string surface. It is very stable, with a square solid base which doesn't wobble. Colour (the cream variant) is inconspicuous in living room. A good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save my basket chairs, 16 May 2009
Mrs. E. Proctor (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
A very strong and sturdy product. Simple to put together. New cat in the house with absolutely no respect for my basket chairs. Training her slowly to use scratching post. She will certainly have difficulty in ruining the product as it is so well constructed.

4.0 out of 5 stars keeping George busy, 22 Jun 2010
Ferris "Ferris" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Trixie Parla Scratching Post, 62 cm, Beige (Misc.)
Very simple to put together just one bolt attaching the post to the base, it was a nice touch to have the alum key required included. When assembled it is very sturdy and reassuringly heavy so you know it's not going to fall over on top of cat it use.

The same / similar product in a leading pet store is about double the price and the quality is the same.

The only reason I have given 4 stars instead of 5 is my cat doesn't seem that interested in using it and still prefers carpets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good product!, 1 Nov 2011
This review is from: Trixie Parla Scratching Post, 62 cm, Beige (Misc.)
Delivery was pretty fast. I have a big kitty, he is fully grown and is almost too heavy for me to pick up; but this post still works for him. He isn't massively into scratching like crazy for hours, but he uses this a couple of times a day for 30 seconds or so and its still alive! Its a LOT sturdier than a lot of other posts out there and doesnt have a crazy price tag. My cat has never knocked this over. Colour is nice and neutral and it feels like it will last a really long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price., 12 Jun 2011
sixfootred (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trixie Parla Scratching Post, 62 cm, Beige (Misc.)
A very good product for the price. Tall enough for a larger cat (we have a 6kg teddy bear of a British Blue) and he has a grand old time on it. While it would be great to have a few dangly toys on it, you can't expect everything for such a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and very sturdy, 10 May 2010
Alan Snead "Alan Hiccup Snead" (England, Uk.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trixie Parla Scratching Post, 62 cm, Beige (Misc.)
Bought this some item in April, thought I'd give it a month or so to write a proper review for it, and now its time.

Took me about 2minutes to set up, after finnaly realising I had to cut a small hole in its nice fluffy carpet to screw the post in.
After that I left it in my room against a wall, and the cat never really took notice of it. So after a week of nothing, I tricked my cat into sctatching it when she was scratching the wall behind it. (my rooms coverd in scratches :( but now she stoped thanks to this) So ya, if that cat ignores it at first, thats normal, she gotta teach her to use it/trick her into sctraching it. So ya, she scratches it EVERYDAY, and it shows no signs of ware and tear, very good tight rope around it. Cat loves it. 5/5:
- VERY sturdy product, my cats quite heavy, but this has a nice big base, so it doesn't woble when she leans on it.
- VERY soft carpeting on it, attracts that cat to play with it.
- Good delivery time, only 1 day late on a 5 day delivery, actually arrived on saturday, posted to my neighbors since I wasn't in (thank you for that).
- Tool free set up, very handy.
- Good build, good qaulity rope, resists scratches and doesn't rip

so tahts all 5 points for 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars cat scratching post, 7 Jan 2012
Mr. R. Davis "richd54" (Isle of Man UK) - See all my reviews
Well made and durable product of sufficient height and stability even for large cats. I have six cats and they enjoy giving the post a good scratch - saves my furniture too! Very good value for money (and free delivery). Very easy to assemble - one bolt fixing with Allen key supplied. The cats also love playing with the cardboard box it comes in - an added bonus.