5.0 out of 5 stars Another one
I wanna start but saying; wow. Craig has done it yet again, this has to be his strongest album, beautifully written (by craig and friends) and sung magnificently with his rich voice that i personally adore listening to, gives me those happy little goosebumps, but hey maybe that's just me!
Many of the songs are very relaxed and chilled, perfect for winding down and...
Published on 20 Aug 2005

2.0 out of 5 stars 1 More Strike & Your Out!
Craig david is becoming more and more like David James (England No.2). You know the potential is there, you have seen it, experienced it, but he constantly under achieves. His first album was jaw droppingly good, so many brilliant tracks and awesome lyrics. Then...he disappeared for 2 years only to come back with some awful american thingy. Now we have waited another...
Published on 25 Aug 2005 by Mr. JP CARNON

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another one, 20 Aug 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The Story Goes (Audio CD)
Many of the songs are very relaxed and chilled, perfect for winding down and chilling out to, especially in the summer evenings. The few upbeat songs on the album are fantastic for a boogie and you can't help but tap your foot to.
Overall, a gorgeous album in my opinion and well worth a listen, you'll be hooked, trust me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual, 21 Jun 2006
This review is from: The Story Goes (Audio CD)
Went to Amsterdam in Oct 05 with 3 friends and one of them had "Johnny" on his iPod. After listening to it, was hooked. So got home and I bought this CD and oh my since then until now (21st June 2006) nearly a year, it has virtually been playing in my car continuously on a loop. I cant recommend this enough. Fitting tunes for every occasion: relationships, love, bullying, mesmorised by a girl, cheating, it's got everything, and nearly every song is relatable to everyone's life in some way or another.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost there, 18 Aug 2005
This review is from: The Story Goes (Audio CD)
I've been listening to this now for the past couple of days and have to say that Craig David has now cemented his position as one of the U.K.'s most talented RnB performers/singer/songwriters, in my mind at least.
The beginning of the album starts out extremely strong and i LOVED the first three tracks. "Don't Love You No More" is simply amazing and is a real shattering return to form, as is the track after it, "Hypnotic". From there on though, things start to slide into the predictability and monotony that much of the RnB being churned out in the USA suffers from. There really is too much mentioning of "clubs" and this theme is pervasive throughout most of the album lending it a cheesey, immature feel at times.
I really didn't like "Johnny" because it seemed to me that it took Craig David backwards rather than forwards lyrically and thematically. It's the kind of song that seems to be desperately courting a younger audience where I feel Craig David has matured beyond that stage now, especially since the strong effort on "Slicker than your average" to display a slightly more edgy sound.
The production on the album is excellent and as a whole it's a "grower" apart of course from the incredible first three tracks that hit you immediately.
All together much better than his "Slicker than your average" album, although he seems to have regressed back to "Born to do it" in terms of maturity and lyrical content, which would have been great if it were not for a lack of melody and distinct monotony at times.
I'd recommend this album to anyone who likes listening to an extremely talented and gifted singer, sing often astonishingly crafted and sung songs. That it falls short here and there, is, neither here nor there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album, 18 Nov 2005
This review is from: The Story Goes (Audio CD)
In my opinion not as good as 'Born to do it' but a very close second. 'Hypnotic' is one of my favourites and is a typical Craig David type song. 'Do you beieve in Love' is just beautiful and I wouldn't be surprised if its one of his next chart singles. If you love Craig David you will love this album, if you don't love Craig David this album is worth purchasing for the groovy beats, refined vocals and mellow love songs. Some fine work from Craig - again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Craig's Back on Form again!!!, 12 Dec 2005
This review is from: The Story Goes (Audio CD)
I have had this album for a few months now and i can honestly say that its his best yet its very upbeat and not at all humdrum.My favourite tracks are hypnotic,I just dont love you no more and Jonny.Theres a great blend of slow songs and fast tracks ..so..something for everyone!This album hasnt come off of my stereo once.I recommend it whole heartedly..

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album, 10 Sep 2005
This review is from: The Story Goes (Audio CD)
Simply a great album. I was a little wary, after being dissapointed with his second album, but this is back up to the standard of his first, 'Born to Do It'.
I love the first 5 tracks. 'Hypnotic' is a very upbeat, catchy track, while 'Johnny' is a brilliant slower song about bullying. The album contains some mellow tracks and the more upbeat garagey tracks Craig has been renowned for.
My favourite tracks are 'Hypnotic', 'Johnny', and 'My love don't stop'.
This album is very close to being as good as his debut album. I could easily listen to every song on 'Born to Do It' and the same is nearly true for this album. Some songs, such as 'Never should have walked away' are good, but fill the album more than stand out in my opinion.
But overall, Craig David is back to his best with this effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in every way, 17 Jun 2008
OEJ - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Story Goes (Audio CD)
Craig David says he leaves the production side of completing an album to someone else; I would tell you who that is but the writing is so small in the sleeve notes that my aged eyes can't read it! What I can say though is that whoever did it, they did a great job. It's near-on immaculate, and this is such an important part of the final outcome yet many people possibly take it for granted. Anyway, the SQ is superb, and the even better news is that the quality of the song-writing and the delivery of all fourteen songs is superb. It's almost too good, but that wouldn't make sense as a criticism. 'Hypnotic' is a stand-out but to be fair the album as a whole is of a very high standard from start to finish. I can't think of a single track that I would want to skip, it's all good music. If I had to be critical I would suggest that there isn't a great variety of style when you stand back and think about it, but that would be harsh when it's so evident that everyone involved in the making of this album has worked so hard to create such a polished and classy product. Unlikely to disappoint whether you're familiar with Craig David or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars its so unbelievable!, 9 Oct 2005
MRS J B WOOD (NEWPORT PAGNELL, BUCKS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Story Goes (Audio CD)
great album.....johnny,hypontic, just chillin', thief in the night and unbelievable are easily the best songs..but if u ask me unbelievable is by far the best track, beautifully writtin n really catchy.... da only real lets down is do you believe in love which is a bit cheesy n forgettable but well worth buying anyway.
nice return to form as slicker than your average was a bit of a let down.... nice work!!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC ALBUM!!!! YOU MUST BUY IT!, 25 Dec 2005
Hey.
You do not have to be a Craig David fan to fall in love with this album! I liked all his old songs ie: walking away, fill me in, seven days etc and after such a long time off you wouldnt think he could come back with greater songs. however in my opinion, his songs just gets better! his recent singles "all the way" and "don't love you no more im sorry" i thought they were great! they were the reasons i decided to buy the album. having listened to all 13 songs, i can honestly say there is not a single one i do not love! their all unique they dont sound the same, they all have different stories, they are fab tunes. he has such a great voice! i can listen to his songs all day! i definitely recommend this album! this is the one to buy! i mean i also bought simon webbes album cause i liked his debut songs "no worries" and "lay your hands" however its nothing compared to craig davids! ive been putting songs to my mp3 and i have the whole of craig davids album on it, where as simon webbe, i only have about 3 out of the 12 songs on it as i feel the album is poor, its not up to scratch to his singles. craig david though you will not be disappointed to each of the songs on the album.
this album is 10/10 you listen to the songs and you'll be hooked!
craig david is back and with such an amazing album! not a bad comment to say!

5.0 out of 5 stars What else can be said?!, 3 Sep 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The Story Goes (Audio CD)
This is simple an excellent comeback album, I cannot get enough of it, I listen to it a few times a day. The songs are very catchy but not repetatively boring. I guarantee that if you liked his previous stuff then you will definitely love this album.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Story Goes
The Story Goes by Craig David (Audio CD - 2005)