NeilMed SinusRinse Saline Nasal Rinse Kit - 50 Sachets
Price:£12.95+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Having sporadically used Neti Pots to try and help rhinitis/catarrh I've been delighted by my local pharmacist's recommendation of this particular version.

Incredibly easy and efficient to use (no more contortions over the sink twisting the head and the neti at the correct angle to produce the desired directon of flow) this is a brilliant piece of design - a soft plastic bottle, a large cap with a hole which the nostril fits OVER (more hygienic and less chance of injury/infection than versions inserted INTO the nostril) and a hollow tube from the cap (like in a perfume bottle). You squeeze the bottle to douche the nose at a pressure of your own best comfort.

I've been using this regularly for about a month have noticed a real difference in sinus/catarrh problems - much improved.

The only cavil I do have is - don't get seduced by the terrifying hype that you MUST only use their rinse product. You really can DIY, much more cheaply. I've checked out various yoga sites, carefully read the % ingredient instructions on a rival make, and checked this out with my ENT consultant.

As long as you carefully read the pack of salt (even some of the better rock or sea salts have added anticaking agents) to make sure the contents are ONLY salt and make sure you use bicarbonate of soda (NOT baking powder which has bicarb and other ingredients), then you can mix 3 parts salt to 1 part bicarb. I make a little pot up - 3 tsps salt to one tsp bicarb, shake this all together to mix well, then for each full bottle of boiled water cooled to lukewarm, use 1/2 tsp of your mixture.

Clear noses to you all!
1515 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 23 March 2010
Used this for the first time last night and can't believe how quickly and how well it worked. For several years my breathing has been getting worse causing me to snore at night. I also developed a post nasal drip after a cold before Christmas.

After using this once, I can breathe deeply and clearly again and no sign of the drip.

I would highly recommend it to anyone addicted to nasal sprays or that is developing a snoring problem.
on 19 June 2012
I have never ever written a review but i think this product deserves one!! A very good one at that :-)
I have to admit , I think I will be using this product for life .It is excellent!!!... and has become part of my daily routine as with washing , tooth brushing and flossing etc.
I have suffered from debilating sinus infections. At least 4 a year. And with every one I feel absolutely awful, I wouldn't wish them on anyone..Once an infection has got hold ,the only cure is a very strong course of antiboitics, which my stomach is not too keen on and I then live dreading and awaiting the next infection!Steroid sprays did not help prevent them. I have tried many antibiotics for this condition in the past , but unfortunately only the very strong antibiotics work!! I was desperate and then I came across this product!!
Unfortunately I am now suffering from an awful sinus infection. - But I have to say this is MY FIRST ONE IN A YEAR NOW since using Neilmed Sinus Rinse .My GP wont prescribe the antibiotics till I have suffered for a week to ensure that what I am suffering from is not viral.Understandable I know !! But before I was using Neilmed Sinus Rinse I felt like I was suffering most of the time. NOW A WHOLE YEAR HAS GONE BY WITHOUT AN AWFUL INFECTION or any blinding headaches and I definately put in down to my daily use of this product. ONE INFECTION IN ONE YEAR, COMPARED TO FOUR OF FIVE!!! amazing!!!My thoughts.. prevention is better than cure.
I boil up approx 1500 ml of water and add 6 sachets to this and let it cool .I then poor it into a large plastic bottle and store it in the fridge and this lasts approx 6 days! Every morning I fill up my sinus rinse bottle(without the nasal attatchment as this melts in the microwave) I microwave the solution for approx 40 secs- but every microwave is different so everyone should adjust accordingly - and voila. The solution is ready for use. No waiting for boiled water to cool etc..Its very quick and doesn't impeed on my time.The boiled solution will be preserved for at least a week if kept re frigerated!!
I really do recommend this product to anyone who suffers from sinus problems.It is NOT uncomfortable to use- although I had my misgivings before first using it , but unlike you might think ,it doesnt cause the pain you feel when water goes up your nose when jumping in a pool .It is surprisingly comfortable and much more comfortable and easier to use than a neti pot ( I tried this for a couple of weeks but although it did flush out the nasal cavity, I fould it difficult to use,very messy and uncomfortable on the nose.)
To anyone reading this ,you are obviously suffering in one way or another with your sinus' and are looking for help and a solution .Well I recommend you give this a try.Trust me it will be money well spent and you will never look back!!!!
on 30 June 2011
In desperation, I tried this as a last resort. Nearly every other "over the counter" remedy would make my nose pour with blood.

I was a little apprehensive about irrigating my sinuses, but wanted to have a go anyway. In fact, the sensation is not unpleasant at all as the water mixed with the sachets is warm and because you squeeze the bottle, you're in control of the pressure of the irrigation.

Within a week, my sinuses were clearer than they had been for ages. Unlike some of the reviewers I will continue to use the ready make sachets of saline powder although I agree they could be cheaper.
on 20 November 2008
Almost one year ago I had a large tumour removed from my nasal cavity. The surgery, although successful, has left me with a rather temperamental set of sinuses and nose. I was told by the ENT surgeon to begin nasal irrigation, and to do this I was given a small syringe. After a few weeks I gave up on this irrigation as it seemed ineffective. I next tried a neti pot, but found it far too rough on nose and ears. I then gave up on nasal irrigation completely.

However, last week I found myself suffering as winter began to set in and was driven back to the idea of nasal irrigation. I managed to pick up one of these kits. At first I was sceptical but after, quite gingerly, trying the kit for the first time I discovered it was far more comfortable to use than a neti pot. I truly cannot feel the saline until it drains out of the other side of my nose. No pain or discomfort involved whatsoever.

Unfortunately I cannot really comment on it's long term use since I've only had it a week or so. But if you have chronic nasal problems it's worth a try.
on 11 June 2009
I have suffered from allergic rhinitis and all sorts of sinus related problems. This really helps to clear my nose and relieve my symptoms. It is also very easy to use.
on 22 October 2011
I was skeptical about this product, but having suffered nasal problems (thin passages leading to breathing difficulties during a cold/hayfever and post nasal drip) and pretty desperate to try anything (except surgery) I gave it ago. Initially, it felt like a miracle worker, having not known "normal breathing (and unmuffled hearing for years. But very quickly you get used to that and then it doesn't seem so effective. And you have to keep up use. I would lapse and only use it when I had sever symptoms (and it can't unclear an already blocked nose) So the product IS effective initially (washing out pollen and irritants and with continue to be moderately effective with constant use. But with a cold or and a post nasal drip, it can be less effective. It's worth a go but like other reviewers, don't expect total relief as it will depend on how your nose!

UPDATE 2012: I have despite my previous "average" review been using this product on and off now for about a year and a half. I must confess I don't use it every day or even every week, but when I start feeling the need to "clean the pipes" (dry nose, post nasal drip etc.) I've found that first using a nasal decongestant (like Sinex) opens up the airways to allow the solution better access to clearing the sinus's, right up to clearing even that feeling of blocked ears! Also, buying the pack of extra solution isn't such a big deal if you use it on and off like me. I tend to microwave the bottle with solution for 30 seconds to get the solution close to body temp for more comfort. SLOWLY squeeze the solution into the sinus to avoid a headache later- don't rush it! I tend to then put my head between my legs and then bring it up quickly (making sure not to crack your head on the sink!) to help drain as much as possible but it's worth keeping a tissue with you throughout the day incase of a drip. Do not use an hour before bed as it will then drain down your throat.

It's a good product that does the job. Shame it's not a long lasting fix!
on 19 June 2009
Being a long time hayfever sufferer, and also highly allergic to dust mites - this is the best money I have ever spent. Its peak hayfever season right now, and as a result of using this chemical free product I no longer have to use steriod nasal spray ( Beconase, etc) or anti-histamine.
It makes perfect sense as the product washes the nose and sinus cavities of allergy-causing particles once or twice a day, so preventing the allergic reaction naturally . I recommend it to anyone with allergic rhinitus. I still use eye drops for hayfever, however these symptoms are also lessened. Very very very happy customer. :-)
on 27 September 2009
This was recommended to me by my ENT consultant and I definitely favor this as oppose to the old method of nasal douching, which I previously used. This is very simple and effortless. Although my first few attempts left me feeling quite dizzy, but I think this was due to how hard I was squeezing the bottle to begin with, but I soon got the hang of it and am now a pro!! The only reason for the 4 stars is because I think the refill sachets are a bit overpriced and to be honest I will make up my own salt solution using equal amounts of salt and bicarbonate soda, as per my ENT consultants advice once the sachets which came with it are finished. The rinse really does help to get rid of mucous and overall I am very pleased with my purchase. Even better still if you fill in the enclosed questionnaire you get the nasal dock sent to you for free! The dock is excellent with various mounting options and I've found this is the most hygienic way in which to store and dry the bottle and nozzle.
on 25 November 2008
This product was first suggested to me by my daughters surgeon. My 9 year old had suffered from a thick nasal discharge for a number of years. Various medications had been tried and surgery still did not resolve the problem. However the sinus rinse cleared up the problem immediately, her nose and nasal passages are now clear of the thick catarrh she used to suffer from throughout the year.It has also eradicated the offensive odour that was caused by her condition.
The kit is simple and easy to use and having suffered rhinitis I purchased the kit and found it offers far better relief than any of the medications I had previously been prescribed.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...