4.0 out of 5 stars Best bunny boiler ever
This has to be the best/worst sci-fi movie (about rabbits) ever. I saw it on the TV years ago when I was impoverished and had bare boards on the floor. I rolled around laughing so much I had splinters in my bum. I really hope someone releases it in a UK DVD format so I can enjoy it all over again now I've got a carpet.
Published on 14 May 2010 by Linda

3.0 out of 5 stars Rabbit transit goes amuck
Published on 1 Jun 2010 by bernie

4.0 out of 5 stars Best bunny boiler ever, 14 May 2010
Linda (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Night of the Lepus [DVD] [1972] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Rabbit transit goes amuck, 1 Jun 2010
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Cute furry bunnies are overrunning a rancher's land. He enlists the help of a researcher to keep the bunnies from multiplying like rabbits. To save a test rabbit from its demise the researcher's young, already blond, daughter Amanda (Melanie Fullerton) exchanges the rabbit with a control group rabbit. You guessed it , now we have giant mutant fuzballs. What is worse is that they come from the wrong side of the railroad tracks and cannot be allowed to mingle with the people on the other side of the tracks. I will not say what becomes of them but it is a shocking ending.

This 1972 quasi-sci-fi film based on a book by Russell Brandon "The Year of the Angry Rabbit", has all the skill and pathos of a 50's sci-fi. They even throw in a flamethrower; you know the kind they use to fry giant ants and overgrown mantises. They took the time to put it on DVD but no effort to remaster or at least clean it up a bit for the large screens.

The film contains some pretty big names for the time; this includes DeForest Kelley; you may remember him as Bones in the original Star Trek series, Janet Leigh from the "Psycho"- shower scene, and Stuart Whitman from "When Worlds Collide" - as man by bank during riot instigation. Did I forget to mention Rory Calhoun; he needs no introduction.

Them!

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful, but, 29 Mar 2013
Isn't "Run for your lives! There's a horde of killer rabbits coming this way!"- hoping I've not misquoted too badly-the best line in cinema ?

That earns two stars, where I'm afraid the rest of the movie deserves none.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 July 2009
Mr. G. A. White (UK) - See all my reviews
I so enjoyed this film once again. It arrived safely and is in very good condition.

Night of the Lepus [DVD] [1972] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]