5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, and addictive!
This game was the first that I got with my new nintendo, followed shortly by nintendogs, and I have no difficulty whatsoever in deciding which is my favourite. I absolutely LOVE animal crossing. It's not an action packed game, but that's also not what everyone wants. You start off as a little human moving into a town full of animals. You can meet all your animal...
Published on 6 Nov 2006 by Flopsy

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect game for ages 7-12, but only midly entertaining for older gamers.
I read a lot of reviews about Animal Crossing before I bought it, and none of them really said anything about what the actual game is like, as it's quite complex to explain every little detail, so I've decided to write a review and tell you simply what playing the game actually consists of.

1. Collecting bugs/fish/fossils/fruit - Although this sounds complex,...
Published on 12 July 2006 by P.Vineaux

‹ Previous | 131 32 33 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE BUYING THIS FOR YOUNGER CHILDREN, 28 Nov 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This is harsh but I'll explain why. 95% of the time this is the harmless sort of game it appears to be, in tune with its PEGI rating of 3+. BUT in certain circumstances (mainly if your child keeps switching off the game without saving it properly first) a fierce-looking mole appears and starts abusing the player for doing so. Abusing? Well, it repeatedly used the word "punk" in what I can only describe as a two or three minute aggressive rant. Why do they think "punk" is an acceptable way to address young children? Other terms were used as well. This may be OK for older children but my 7-year old was literally shaking afterwards, and even my 9-year old was visibly upset. The younger child had a couple of nightmares about it. To make it worse, there's no way to cut short the mole once it has started and if they turn the game off to "make him go away" he comes back even more vituperative when they next start the game. There is no warning about this mole anywhere in the manual, and no alternative but to let him run his course.

Other than this it seems OK as a game, the main problem being the amount of time they'll waste on it, and now that they've learnt (mostly) how to avoid the mole coming my children enjoy playing it. It's better pitched for older children, however (eg my children asked "what does 'dork' mean?" part way through playing it the other day - symptomatic of an expectation of older players by the designers), and I can't help wondering how many other shocks are lying in wait in the game. I therefore CANNOT recommend it for the under-10s at least.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware the Resetti character! Shocking!, 29 Dec 2010
C. Page "cozza1969" (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I am glad to see that others have also reviewed and complained about the character 'Resetti' I have just experienced 'Resetti' myself and I am quite angered by it. I am compelled to write a very similar review. My 9 year old daughter showed this character to me and though she wasn't upset by it because she hadn't read it, she couldn't understand what the mole was doing. When I read the outburst I was shocked. Shocked that a children's game that has a 3 plus rating (pegi... you need to get a grip) should have such a character. Children of a young age are going to make the mistake of not saving, and what's wrong with a gentle reminder? Who's idea was it to have this ridiculous character? The whole idea of this tirade is so ridiculously inappropriate that it amazes me. Both nintendo and pegi should hang their heads in shame. When I think of the innocent charm of children's books of old like Beatrix Potter, this kind of computer game aggression is so far removed from that I wonder what has gone wrong in our society. I know times change but is there really any need to relax those traditional values in this new digital age? To all those people who have posted replies to this saying that it's a fuss about nothing, well you either don't have children or you simply thunk it doesn't matter. Well I'm afraid it does. The idea of a ranting animal using such language as 'twerp, punk, nut-job, ' is outrageous. Yes they will hear worse than this at school, but it's not just the words, it's the general tone. Children should not be encouraged to think it's OK to go on these kinds of rants. What people don't understand is that it's the start of a slippery slope. You let one thing go and that gives way to something bigger. This kind of de-sensitizing approach to bad language and violence is why kids don't even find games like resident evil shocking. I enjoy playing certain horror games like this but even I as a 41 year old adult I find them a bit disturbing, yet some children I know of 12 or 13 have played them and don't seem bothered by them which to me is quite worrying. What is the point of having parental guidance if its wrong? Games like this should not be given a 3 plus rating. And why is there no warning? Apparently the Animal Crossing "Lets go to the City" game has a warning in the instructions, well there's no such warning for this game that I can see.

1.0 out of 5 stars not what i expected, 25 April 2011
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I thought you would get to create what animal you are(and that was what really disopointed me)because when you are talking in the taxi thats what creates what you look like,but how am i supposed to know what am i going to look like when i get out of the taxi?But i heard that there is a poodle named Harriet who changes what you look like but i have not met her yet. when u start the game tom nook is ANNOYING!!!!!!!!! he tells u to say 'hi' to everyone in your town and makes you work 4 him,only 4 a while!but still!!!!!when you move into your new house its TINY!!!!!!!
i simply have gone no where in this game 4 the past year!!!!!i have been playing it 4 quite a long time now and i am losing my PATIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't dare switch off without saving!, 8 April 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Not good for smaller kids, if you switch of without saving as kids always do, then the next time they switch the game on they have to sit through at least 5 minutes of a stupid animated mole character called Resetti giving a lecture on not switching off without saving.
This is a ludicrous feature which can't be switched off or shortened at all, which means the kids quickly consign this one to the bottom of the toybox.....

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Repetitive, 10 Sep 2006
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I bought this game thinking it was gonna be awesome and it was for about a fornight. I was impressed by the depth of it all, the wide variety of chractars and the amount of furniture and clothing. I could hardly put it down, obssesing about paying of my morgage. But as the game wore on not much more was discovered and just became too repetitive.

The touch screen is used but it didn't need to be touch sensitive, infact it was more of a gimic. The switching from screen to screen was unnecessairy and often intensely annoying. And the loading is so slow you could go out and by another game (which is almost what I did)!

If you want value for your money DON'T BY THIS GAME

3.0 out of 5 stars play it now!, 3 Jun 2007
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
animal crossing wild word is peaceful and fun. it has alot of calm fitures and is also based on chores and a less busy but exiting life. i suggest you buy this game cause your friends chat with you, you can go exploring and i really liked this game. from the shops to the animals. please try the game out cause its quiet a good game.

3.0 out of 5 stars ANIMAL CROSSING: WILD WORLD, 11 Aug 2007
Lena Banks "bookworm" (in a book) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I agree with alot or theses people but to be fair i got it when it was new out! and let's say after the couple of months u think its good!
it's not it does not change it get's abit boring!
every day is the same! and even having the book to help to make sure i did not miss anything! did not help!
in the long run i was very let down by it!
i dont evn play it now! once you pay of your dedits in it! there is nothing else to do! it's very slow!
but the first few months was fun!
but i would not rush out and buy it!lol.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, 7 Aug 2006
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I found this game fun for the first couple of hours that i played it, but after thatit's pretty much totally repetative. It's basically a very basic version of the sims. That is the sims, once you've taken the point of the game away.

Though if you like the type of game where the greatest amount of violence is hitting someone over the head with a fishing net- then maybe this is the right game for you.

Don't get me wrong, the game is fun for a while, but when you could buy a game like splinter cell or resident evil, iit just seems like a waste of money.

Overall: if you like games where it's easy and you don't really do anything of value (and where there's no violence) BUY IT!
However if you like games that have slightly more mature content DON'T BUY IT!

4.0 out of 5 stars could be better than GC's version, 8 Mar 2006
Mark (Newcastle, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This game is supose to be like the gamecubes version which is very good indeed as my g/f has it! But with wi fi link on the ds and the fact you can play this game anywhere now on a little portable console means that this should be even better and a fantastic game!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Animal crossing... More like animal world... and hueman... world., 17 July 2006
T. Robertson "Square eyes" (Drybridge scotland) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I've never played the first one. But since I got this I never put it down! Sure I changed the games... but that doesn't mean I hate it! So much to do so much time, and I think there's changes. Well I don't no. Infact I never and can't know! So its great! Does't make use of microphone. But briiiiiiiiiiilliant! You start. What's there... aniamls! 2 Or 3! Then there's the bossy racoon! Lays hands one ya for working. Then lays off. Catching fish, bugs, bugging neibhours, befriender people are all on the agenda! Well you make your own! It is brillaint digging up fossils. I've made friends with a cranky animal! Never linked nor use wi-fi, but might if worth it. Great fun! So I've said it. Big fan ol the 1st one? Or don't know what type of game ye want? If ye like roaming about, well, this is for you!

Thanks for reading!

‹ Previous | 131 32 33 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa2b07774)

Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS)
29.93