5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, and addictive!
This game was the first that I got with my new nintendo, followed shortly by nintendogs, and I have no difficulty whatsoever in deciding which is my favourite. I absolutely LOVE animal crossing. It's not an action packed game, but that's also not what everyone wants. You start off as a little human moving into a town full of animals. You can meet all your animal...
Published on 6 Nov 2006 by Flopsy

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but could be so much better
Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS)

I think this came was more designed for WI-fi usage rather than a single player. I read all the hype and thought. Wow! This sounds like a great game but,its over hyped and becomes boring and repetative after a while.

I am unable to play it by Wi-Fi but as a single player I find that it could of been so much...
Published on 17 July 2008 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 334 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB !!!!!, 16 Nov 2006
It is the best game I have ever played on, I am only 10 but I cannot get

my hands off the D.S. I have been playing on it for 5 months,and it hasn't

ever got boring for me. I LOVE the cute little animals that visit, and

leave your world. You can even catch bugs or go fishing, sometimes there

will be events to particapate in as well!

I play on it nearly every day, its definitly my favourite!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Animal Crossing : Wild World - The Best DS Game I Own!, 1 Jan 2008
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Animal Crossing is so amazing! Unlike other games, AC is not very structured, so you can do whatever you want. There are loads of things you can do!

Animal Crossing time reflects ours, with morning, day, evening and night, but also the 4 seasons. In winter it snows, in autumn leaves fall, etc. Different events happen too!

First, you choose your town's name, and your name. The taxi driver will ask you a few questions, and then you are all set to go!

You go first to Tom Nook, where he will ask you to do a few tasks and errands, taking items to the different animals that live in your town. You also have a map, so you can't get lost! When you complete your jobs, Tom Nook tells you about your mortgage, that you have to pay off. He also explains that you can buy things at his shop. You buy things with 'bells.' The animal crossing equivalent of money.

You can buy equipment...
Shovel - Plant trees and flowers to make your town beautiful! You can also dig up fossils, and bury items in the ground.
Fishing Rod - Go to either the sea, or the river to catch the fish. Different fish appear at different times of the year.
Watering Can - Water the flowers you've planted, and keep them alive through all weathers!
Slingshot - Presents on balloons fly through the air; shoot them down and then collect your prize!
Net - Use your net to catch butterflies and bugs.
Axe - Use the axe to clear the land.
Timer - Use this timer to hold fishing or bug catching competitions with friends!

You can also buy furniture, wall paper and carpets to decorate your home! Paper is must have to write to your animal friends, they'll even write back to you!
As you buy more things, Tom Nook will expand his shop! Eventually, he will add on a barbers shop where you can change your hairstyle.

There are lots of other places you can go...
Able Sisters - Mabel & Sable run a clothes shop, where you can buy ready made clothes, or even design your own! Your patterns can go on hats, clothes, carpets, wallpapers and even umbrellas!
Town Gate - Go to the town gate and talk to Copper if you want to visit a friend's town. If you use Wi-fi, you can visit a town anywhere in the world! If you speak to booker, you can change the town flag, and claim any items in the lost and found.
Museum - Donate fossils, bugs, flowers and paintings to the museum, and they will be displayed for all to see! Upstairs there is an observatory where you can create your own constellations! On a Saturday from 8pm onwards, if you go the cafe, KK Slider will play for you!
Town Hall - Mail a letter, pay your mortgage, access your bank account, and change the town the town tune... There is so much you can do!
Other animal's Homes - Drop in on your neighbours! They might even want to visit you!

Make friends with your fellow residents, and they ay give you gifts, of clothing, furniture or wallpaper! You can also run errands.
Everyday something new happens, so you never can get bored!

Outside of the DS game, there are many AC Communities, where you can chat to other AC players. There are also ways to get special items, or get more money.

This is the best ever game and I would recommend everyone to buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game, 1 Jun 2006
M. Mckay-Davies (Madrid) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I have to agree with all the other reviewers... This game is great. I bought this game for my fiancee, to see if I could get her into gaming, within hours she was hooked.... I couldn't watch over her shoulder for more than a couple of days before buying myself a copy.... We're both in our 30s, which just goes to show that this game can appeal to anyone.

I've been playing this game for several weeks now, on the train to work and back again.... I can't put it down.

It's the first of June, and suddenly I've noticed there are lots of new bugs to be caught, and also new fish... I bagged an ocean sun fish and a hammer head shark today :-)

This game is possibly the best £25 I've spent....

5.0 out of 5 stars It sounds so simple..., 22 Jan 2007
J. N. Valner "schaedenfreud82mk2" (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
...and yet it will dominate your life. This is a game which very clearly shows that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. On their own, the elements of arranging furniture, collecting fruit, fishing, bug catching, treasure hunting, talking to cuddly cartoon animals and designing clothes patterns don't sound like much. Put them together, though, and you have your own idyllic little life to lead. The game's method of drip-feeding you content means that the whole experience can take up to a whole year to see.

And that's sort of the whole point. If you could do everything at once, this would be a rather tedious game. However, it brilliantly uses the DS's calendar and clock to make the virtual world move with the real one. The sun sets, the seasons change, the bugs and fish that live in the village migrate back and forth, as do the other residents. To start off with you do have an 'objective', which is to raise enough money to pay off your mortgage. Each payment gives you a bigger house, capable of housing more furniture. Bug, fish, fossil and painting collecting will also keep you occupied.

The other genius part of Animal Crossing is the online connectivity. You can journey to other people's villages, trade items and so on. Interacting with others in this way unlocks more content in your own town, which makes the effort worth while.

In conclusion, Animal Crossing does eventually get boring, but it takes so long to get there, that you will in no way feel like it was a waste of time. Anyone who uses games as an escape from the real world will love this, and get a lot of value out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game, 7 April 2006
Kazim (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Animal Crossing is a game different to all other games out there. Think of the game called The SIMS, where you can do whatever you want- Animal Crossing is like that, but only 1000 times better. Go fishing, bug catching, chat to the other villagers or just hang out with your mates, thanks to Nintendo WI-FI connection. WI-FI allows you to play with anyone, anywhere in the world. Animal Crossing is a game that you just have to have. It's fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars hey! thats my golden shovel!, 17 Mar 2006
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This game is too addictive. much much too addictive. i can be seen sneaking my DS out in the small classtime breaks and just seeing whats on sale in able sisters shop... or selling some shells to pay off my house.
theres always something new, and considering theres no actual goal, you can always find something to do! (bug catching is my downfall!)
because i cant get my wifi to work i cant really comment on the online play, but id imagin it would be great fun! visiting friends towns from all around the world! (and stealing their fruits to take back home im sure!.. or maybe its just me with a fruit problem!)
id recomend this game to anyone! i think any gamer could get into this and play it for hours. i was never much for games like harvest moon, which is similar, but this game, i adore.
buy it!! i demand thee!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Fun, 16 May 2006
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Animal Crossing is one of the funnest games I have bought for my Nintendo DS since I bought it last year.

There are so many things to do. Find fossils, fish, catch bugs, make constellations, design your house(be warned money is needed) and meet up with other DS users.

When you first arrive there is a mortgage to pay off to Mr Tom Nook, the shop owner, but after shaking some trees for pears for a day or two or even catching some whoppers for fish, it's easy to pay off. Once that is done you can earn money in many ways (these being selling the items you get from the activities above). Lots of animals already live in the village when you arrive, and more arrive every day. There is a museum, shops (clothes and general), town hall, and lots of animal's houses to visit.

Its hard to get bored playing this game with so many things to do! But if you do create a new player or town.

One of the best on the DS at the moment and a good purchase.

Well worth its money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Animal crossing, 3 April 2006
S. J. Bevan "Els" (Wickford, Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
A great little game to be enjoyed by all ages. I only got this on Saturday and myself and my partner have both moved a person in and have been playing all weekend!
Its lots of fun and the point of the game is there is no point, its real time and there is always something to do.
This is definately a game where there will be constant enjoyment from, as it can be picked up and put down for as little or as long as you like!
I'm 26 and would recommend this for children and adults alike - its a neat little game which is suprisingly addictive!
Buy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for all the family!, 5 Jan 2007
A. Lowman (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
We got Animal Crossing for our 8 year old daughter for christmas to go with her new DSlite. The idea that this is a kid's game only is a misconception. She moved in and my husband and I were quickly snared to become her housemates. It is fantastic fun. We all love it. Our daughter loves sending letters and going to the shop. My husband and myself are obsessed with fishing and sending gifts. It will be a long time before we tire of this. We did buy other games for the DS (Star Wars and Narnia) but they havent had a look in. Get it, you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Best Nintendo DS game sofar", 15 Mar 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I got this game from the US a month ago and gave it to my kids (12 and 10 years old). They loved the GC Animal Crossing, and Animal Crossing: Wild World immediately captured them. They say it's the best geame they have ever played, and the smaller screen does not take away from the experience. After all, Animal Crossing was never about the graphics. The possibility to go visit another player is a great feature of this game, and you can now construct bigger houses, get new friends etc.

‹ Previous | 1 2 334 | Next ›

Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS)